Hide the oxtails!... Rihanna is fucking HUGE!

Started by XXX., August 10, 2017, 12:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GRAND

Quote from: glock on August 10, 2017, 05:53:47 PM
Quote from: LORD GRAND SUPREME PRIME CELESTIAL MARSHALL on August 10, 2017, 05:41:12 PM
Quote from: glock on August 10, 2017, 04:04:10 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on August 10, 2017, 03:57:22 PM
If she only had looks going for her, she wouldn't have the 2nd most amount of top 10 hits in history. I'm sure everyone is listening to her music because of how cute she is. Makes sense.

If that was the case, all these pretty model type girls would be smash to the same degree as well... but they aren't. :dead:
yeah

why isnt ciara excelling? :dead:
v

Faggot there aren't even any Cis in here

I see Talisa LASHING your ass has you pissed :giveittomeddy:
lmao
Is someone gonna answer this?
hey babe

How many weeks will it take for you to recover from this embarrassing LASH you endured today

:traciandchelle:

LOONA.

Quote from: Young on August 10, 2017, 05:39:15 PM
Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 05:31:57 PM
Quote from: Young on August 10, 2017, 05:22:43 PM
Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 05:20:05 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on August 10, 2017, 05:09:36 PM
Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 05:06:52 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on August 10, 2017, 05:04:36 PM
Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 04:59:54 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on August 10, 2017, 04:50:57 PM
Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 04:10:45 PM
If she only had looks going for her, she wouldn't have the 2nd most amount of top 10 hits in history. I'm sure everyone is listening to her music because of how cute she is. Makes sense.

If that was the case, all these pretty model type girls would be smash to the same degree as well... but they aren't. :dead:

f

Is Kae retarded?

Are you retarded? Even Cassie had a smash single. There's a big history of minimally talented female artists who only had some sort of success because they had a look. Same goes for male artists.

Are you? Especially for that damn CASSIE analogy.

The point I was making was that artists cannot become as big as Rihanna coasting by solely on looks the way you're trying to make it seem.  Cassie had ONE hit. Rihanna has over 40. :dead:

I don't think the navy ever tries to make Rihanna out to be some whitney Aretha type of talent, but she definitely isn't only successful because she's beautiful.People love her voice. Now I agree that looks help you get some type of success, but Rihanna's is astronomical. I could maybe see your argument in 2006, but not now.

h

Having an ear for music to crank out hits doesn't fall in line with having talent, especially when we're talking about actual skills that involving, singing, dancing, composing etc.

The fact that you're solely focusing on chart stats pretty much proves my point.     

b

Literally said her unique voice was a part of her appeal but okie dokie hun

And that's a talent?

:ummwhat:   

Earlier in the thread YOU & choke implied that her only appeal were her looks and her looks only. That is when I said that her voice is also apart of her appeal.

I didn't imply anything.

I clearly said her appeal was in her looks because she's not exceedingly talented.

Rihanna's whole shtick since her 3rd album has been the fashionista, trendsetter/reinventing look mess but even before that it was the exotic looking island girl theme. The foundation of everything about her was always her image because again, she was never traditionally talented.   

So what was Matthews reasons for having 3 MUTES and one girl singing when D.C. Debut'd ?

Everyone has a SHTICK and that one was to HELP Beyonce stand out

Rih can't help she's a bad BITCH
None the less you cant SEE her on radio and she STILL OWNS that

Using your logic you could easily say the same for The Pussycat Dolls but we all know Nicole flopped for points when she attempted to go solo.

It's no secret that the other girls in DC weren't as talented and it was painfully obvious, but again that boils down to TALENT..not LOOKS.

And Rih being on the radio doesn't really have anything to do with this conversation. This is the problem with Rihanna stans. Y'all think chart stats fill in the gap for her lack of talent and try to use that as leverage.

But no DICE!

But bby luv!

I'm not talking about the charts!
I'm talking about that fact that people wanna hear RIHANNAS VOICE

Always tapped for features
Always dominating radio

Her tone is the most distinct out of them all

Her VOICE AND TONE IS PART OF HER TALENT
Like with gorls like Bran, Ashly, India Airie etc..

Those Texan growls aren't as pleasing to the ears hun

Am sorr'

But HNYSCKLE

That is mostly about the material rather than her voice.

Am mean, Katy Perry was basically cranking out #1s and hit singles faster than what and what is so special or unique about her voice? Absolutely nothing.

Some artists just have a really good ear for what's hot and current because honesty if you replace Rih's vocals with somebody like SIA or Katy & Ariana Grande the ending result would've been pretty similar chartwise

And the gorls are paying $500 to hear those texas growls live & prerecorded on tour   

GRAND

Quote from: CHI CHI. on August 10, 2017, 04:57:05 PM
Quote from: glock on August 10, 2017, 04:52:43 PM
Quote from: GUCCI. on August 10, 2017, 04:50:43 PM
Quote from: CHI CHI. on August 10, 2017, 04:44:07 PM
And clearly this bitches stock has gone down.

Not it taking her 3-4 singles to finally go #1. With Drake on the song. The hottest rapper out. The Anti era was a FOOL.

:omf:

OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..

The way "FourFiveSeconds", "Bitch!", "American Oxygen" all struggled and they kept pushing the album back.  Then, scrapped all of them.

:kii:
d

it was a messy era
what artist doesnt have this after 7 albums?

how many hit songs did lemonade propel?  :plzstop:
Lemonade had no #1's and still ECLIPSED Anti  :dead:

That's what y'all don't get

Beyonc? is just THAT bitch. :omf:
wth

GRAND

Quote from: GUCCI. on August 10, 2017, 05:01:24 PM
Hot 100!  Work!  Top 10's!

But Anti has still not sold 1 million copies 18 months later and the tour numbers are an absolute wreck.

She won 0 VMA's and 0 Grammys.

Are ya'll seeing a trend here? 

At some point, she has to transition into something more than The Hot 100.  You live by the Hot 100, you die by it.  Which is why they couldn't even put her album out until she had a hit.  And that was over a year later.

Beyonce just kinda puts her shit out & stands in her stilettos.  Not every bitch is able!
omg

BAPHOMET.

sdkdskjhdsh

I love when 'preme comes in and quotes everything 

this second viewing of the lashes and some stuff i missed.

GRAND

Quote from: GUCCI. on August 10, 2017, 05:08:07 PM
Quote from: Cartier on August 10, 2017, 05:03:05 PM
Quote from: GUCCI. on August 10, 2017, 05:01:24 PM
Hot 100!  Work!  Top 10's!

But Anti has still not sold 1 million copies 18 months later and the tour numbers are an absolute wreck.

She won 0 VMA's and 0 Grammys.

Are ya'll seeing a trend here? 

At some point, she has to transition into something more than The Hot 100.  You live by the Hot 100, you die by it.  Which is why they couldn't even put her album out until she had a hit.  And that was over a year later.

Beyonce just kinda puts her shit out & stands in her stilettos.  Not every bitch is able!

This is EXACTLY my point. Anybody can release quick hits.

This bitch is 12 years into her career and is still kinda relying on the same tactics that Selena and them are using. Like :uhh:

But fashion icon! and stuff...

!!!!!

And I think she knows it too.  Which is why all of the interviews leading up to Anti, she talked about how she doesn't feel a connection to much of her older music.  But how can she?  She literally was recording an album a year and was being presented demos with her choosing the best one.  She compared recording to "shoe shopping" and Jay Brown compared her to an iPhone.  Saying it was important to release a "new model" every year. 

n

That says so much in itself.

She thought Kanye & Paul would give her some "artistic" credibility and transform her image, but when that CRUMBLED.... they ran back to the formula that worked.  "Rude Boy" 3.0 featuring Drake.

Rihanna makes dope music.  Anti was one of my favorite 2016 releases, but let's call a thing a thing.
JESUS

GRAND

Young

Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 05:56:20 PM
Quote from: Young on August 10, 2017, 05:39:15 PM
Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 05:31:57 PM
Quote from: Young on August 10, 2017, 05:22:43 PM
Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 05:20:05 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on August 10, 2017, 05:09:36 PM
Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 05:06:52 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on August 10, 2017, 05:04:36 PM
Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 04:59:54 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on August 10, 2017, 04:50:57 PM
Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 04:10:45 PM

f

Is Kae retarded?

Are you retarded? Even Cassie had a smash single. There's a big history of minimally talented female artists who only had some sort of success because they had a look. Same goes for male artists.

Are you? Especially for that damn CASSIE analogy.

The point I was making was that artists cannot become as big as Rihanna coasting by solely on looks the way you're trying to make it seem.  Cassie had ONE hit. Rihanna has over 40. :dead:

I don't think the navy ever tries to make Rihanna out to be some whitney Aretha type of talent, but she definitely isn't only successful because she's beautiful.People love her voice. Now I agree that looks help you get some type of success, but Rihanna's is astronomical. I could maybe see your argument in 2006, but not now.

h

Having an ear for music to crank out hits doesn't fall in line with having talent, especially when we're talking about actual skills that involving, singing, dancing, composing etc.

The fact that you're solely focusing on chart stats pretty much proves my point.     

b

Literally said her unique voice was a part of her appeal but okie dokie hun

And that's a talent?

:ummwhat:   

Earlier in the thread YOU & choke implied that her only appeal were her looks and her looks only. That is when I said that her voice is also apart of her appeal.

I didn't imply anything.

I clearly said her appeal was in her looks because she's not exceedingly talented.

Rihanna's whole shtick since her 3rd album has been the fashionista, trendsetter/reinventing look mess but even before that it was the exotic looking island girl theme. The foundation of everything about her was always her image because again, she was never traditionally talented.   

So what was Matthews reasons for having 3 MUTES and one girl singing when D.C. Debut'd ?

Everyone has a SHTICK and that one was to HELP Beyonce stand out

Rih can't help she's a bad BITCH
None the less you cant SEE her on radio and she STILL OWNS that

Using your logic you could easily say the same for The Pussycat Dolls but we all know Nicole flopped for points when she attempted to go solo.

It's no secret that the other girls in DC weren't as talented and it was painfully obvious, but again that boils down to TALENT..not LOOKS.

And Rih being on the radio doesn't really have anything to do with this conversation. This is the problem with Rihanna stans. Y'all think chart stats fill in the gap for her lack of talent and try to use that as leverage.

But no DICE!

But bby luv!

I'm not talking about the charts!
I'm talking about that fact that people wanna hear RIHANNAS VOICE

Always tapped for features
Always dominating radio

Her tone is the most distinct out of them all

Her VOICE AND TONE IS PART OF HER TALENT
Like with gorls like Bran, Ashly, India Airie etc..

Those Texan growls aren't as pleasing to the ears hun

Am sorr'

But HNYSCKLE

Fmfmfmfmvmfmvmvmfmfjfmfjf
C
C
C

Cc
C
C
C
C
C
C

Young

KING BENTLEY.

:plzstop:

No shade but yawl said the same thing when Self-Titled dropped ..... about no promo because it was a surprise but she had a full Apple roll out :dead:

I just don't see how sis sabotaged herself with Lemons.

Plenty promo, she's always been double plat with no #1's after DIL

H.#.G.*.Z

XXX.

Quote from: Baph al Mana. on August 10, 2017, 06:00:14 PM
sdkdskjhdsh

I love when 'preme comes in and quotes everything 

this second viewing of the lashes and some stuff i missed.

nNDNDBbdnnBBNNndnnnnn

This SKIP I'm doing down memory lane!

LOONA.

Quote from: ORORO MUNROE-UDAKU on August 10, 2017, 06:03:36 PM
:plzstop:

No shade but yawl said the same thing when Self-Titled dropped ..... about no promo because it was a surprise but she had a full Apple roll out :dead:

Nobody said anything about promo hun.     

XXX.

Quote from: ORORO MUNROE-UDAKU on August 10, 2017, 06:03:36 PM

n

I think you're missing the point that Lemonade is still not available on any other streaming platform other than TIDAL.

LOONA.

Bentley knows the tea. He just likes to troll