Jessie T. Usher to star in 'Shaft' reboot, Samuel L. Jackson & Richard Roundtree

Started by Lazarus, August 19, 2017, 09:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

Jessie T. Usher to star in 'Shaft' reboot, Samuel L. Jackson & Richard Roundtree set to reprise roles

Jessie T. Usher has been selected to star in an upcoming reboot of the classic cult film, Shaft. This remake will be called Son of Shaft, and comes from New Line and director Tim Story. Richard Roundtree and Samuel L. Jackson, who starred in the prior Shaft films, are in negotiations to reprise their roles for this film.

According to Deadline, New Line and Story searched for months to find the actor to take on the role. Usher is most known for starring in the LeBron James executive-produced Starz comedy, Survivor's Remorse, and Independence Day: Resurgence. 

Usher will portray the son of the Detective John Shaft (Jackson), who, "after long being estranged from his father, finds himself teamed up with him. The young man is an FBI agent, a cyber expert, and the partnership with dad is an uneasy collision of old school meets new school."

The script for the reboot will be written by Kenya Barris.

Production will begin this fall.

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

yummy

Vonc2002

Quote from: Lazarus on August 19, 2017, 09:57:46 PM
No.
My' im sick of these half steppin ass threads. Ur supposed to add a pic of jessie. He sounds familiar but i can't place him.  I shouldnt have to Google
:nowgorl:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Quote from: ANIMMAI on August 19, 2017, 09:58:07 PM
not this gay boy playing Shaft :dead:

he's not leading man material at all
I just googled and i remember him now.  I agree with this. I DEFINITELY dont see him as no damn shaft

Lazarus

Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 19, 2017, 10:01:35 PM
Quote from: Lazarus on August 19, 2017, 09:57:46 PM
No.
My' im sick of these half steppin ass threads. Ur supposed to add a pic of jessie. He sounds familiar but i can't place him.  I shouldnt have to Google
:nowgorl:

:sup:

4 fucking k

BAPHOMET.

BAPHOMET.

I thought Jessie T.  and Usher were separate people when I read the title til I googled. I thought My' missed the "and" :kii:

b7

Hbbbnnn I thought the same thing

And I think he's just playing Shafts son and sidekick

Vonc2002

Vonc2002

And im just seeing that the movie is named son of shaft but STILL! They couldve got Kofi's blk ass. He reminds me more of shaft than this girl boy

Lazarus