Honesty Hour: Why do you think Nicki has never gotten a #1 or a GRAMMY?

Started by XXX., September 18, 2017, 06:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fedswatchin

Quote from: Vonc2002 on September 18, 2017, 09:48:08 PM
Quote from: OwnIt on September 18, 2017, 09:39:19 PM
Quote from: OwnIt on September 18, 2017, 07:58:20 PM
Quote from: XXX. on September 18, 2017, 07:55:24 PM
Quote from: OwnIt on September 18, 2017, 07:52:33 PM
Quote from: XXX. on September 18, 2017, 07:47:18 PMIf hits and accolades don't matter
Hits and accolades isn't what this thread is about.

You specifically mentioned #1s and Grammys

ARE YOU DUMB?  :plzstop:

What do you think a #1 and a Grammy is? 

A hit and an accolade! NNDDNBbdnNndnnNDNNNNNnncccccc
True, but you can have a hit record that didn't go #1 and you can have a viable accolade that's not a Grammy, no?

Thanks for playin
:dead:
Yea, this is stupid. No one introduces someone as "billboard award winning artist SO AND SO". Grammys are the pinnacle of success which is why they even settle for introducing someone as a grammy nominee before they rattle off any lesser award that they've actually won.  No one is popping champagne for ALMOST making it to the finish line.  The girl has not excelled to the point of topping a chart or even being honored with THEE music award of ALL music awards but QUEEN! Cody stomped y'all out in here :kii:
just because she doesnt have a #1 doesn't mean she doesn't have hits

Just because she doesn't have a Grammy doesn't mean she doesn't have accolades

She's still Nicki Minaj and a huge success, something Cody attested to in his opening statement :dead: that was the point that kinda went over your head lol

Vonc2002

Quote from: Drais. on September 18, 2017, 08:07:55 PM
It could be a number of things.

Her personality (off-putting and arrogant)
Overexposure (8000 songs on the radio at one time)
Loss of credibility (due to the pop shit she tried to do)

etc...

I think a #1 is usually a matter of circumstance though. You really need to have a strategy, especially when there's competition on the charts. Lots of songs stalled at #2 because of poor execution.

But Nicki probably just sucks tbh

:ohwow:     

ALL THIS  :oof:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Quote from: XXX. on September 18, 2017, 08:10:28 PM
Quote from: OwnIt on September 18, 2017, 08:06:49 PM
Onika never said hits don't matter,

This is LITERALLY why I can't take you serious in any debate.  Please stick to mindless arguing and personal insults.

There's Onika saying "Hits don't matter."

Please get some rest, love!

Your grasp for straws is getting outrageous now!
This stomp out  :plzstop:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

XXX.

Vonc2002

Genesis

She has no major HITS as an actual rapper. All of her hits are either pop songs or features :kii:

Her albums are put together horribly so her music was never taken seriously especially for the grammys.

XXX.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on September 18, 2017, 09:30:35 PM
Quote from: XXX. on September 18, 2017, 07:37:15 PM
Quote from: OwnIt on September 18, 2017, 07:32:15 PM
Quote from: XXX. on September 18, 2017, 07:25:25 PM
Quote from: OwnIt on September 18, 2017, 07:22:54 PM
Quote from: XXX. on September 18, 2017, 07:21:32 PM
Define success for a female rapper if it's not hit records and accolades?
But Nicki has both of these things. She's plaqued up and has received a plethora of awards

You stuck in a time machine, sis.

Love you dearly, but that's like saying because Ciara saw a #1 single in 2004, she's still successful in music. 

n
She is successful in music :dead: weren't you just saying because Brandy has seen a #1 and a Grammy she was a bad example for this? :dead:

If you wanna troll, just admit it hun

I think you're getting lost in translation.  Just because you have achieved a #1 record, doesn't mean you are successful currently.  Vanilla Ice has one.  Let's not be ridiculous, love.

The point is Nicki is CURRENTLY the "Queen Of Rap" according to you....  And challenges bitches to hit records.  But can't get them on her own?  Y'all sat and shaded Cardi for the last 3 months, and now that "Bodak" is about to PLANK on your ass next week, hits don't mater?

I asked you WHAT defines success for a female rapper in 2017 if it's not hits or accolades?

And you STILL ain't answered!
JESUS!

:kii:

MAY

Quote from: OwnIt on September 18, 2017, 09:40:30 PM
So the only type of hit that exists is a #1 hot 100 song and the only type of accolade that's worth anything is a Grammy?

The lack of logic :dead:

b

Cut the shit sis.

You had no problem touting Grammys when you we're constantly tryna shade Keri.

Now that the gorls are using the same shade against Nicki, Grams all of a sudden don't matter?
:kii: :kii: :kii:

fedswatchin

Quote from: Genesis on September 18, 2017, 09:56:12 PM
She has no major HITS as an actual rapper. All of her hits are either pop songs or features :kii:
Your Love
Beez in the Trap
Anconda
Pills N Potions

I mean :dead:

fedswatchin

did somebody just try to bring up keri to me ccccvvvvcccccccc;

XXX.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on September 18, 2017, 09:42:34 PM
And honestly, no one takes nicki seriously as a rapper either.  She's diluted her credibility  by releasing shit songs like starships n shit. She wanted to be a popstar and now shes finding out what we do with popstars when we're done with them.  Her, Katy, and Gaga are hanging on by a fckn thread :dead:

!!!!!

Isn't it funny that Nicki, Katy & GaGa  all released around the same time?  And they were all rocking 100 looks at 90mph desperate to be edgy and get attention?

And they literally ALL started flopping at the same time!  :kii:

fedswatchin

But yeah, when it's all said and done, Nicki is the Queen of Rap