Let's cut to the fucking chase

Started by Rxxf, October 31, 2017, 11:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GRAND

Quote from: cater 2 u on November 01, 2017, 09:35:38 PM
its the opposite in the south

people act like its a crime to walk even 3 blocks somewhere sndnsns

they always make fun of new yorkers who come down there not knowing how to drive
yeah

Even if I lived across the street from my job I'd drive, LOL

GRAND

November 01, 2017, 09:58:08 PM #196 Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 09:58:58 PM by LORD GRAND SUPREME PRIME CELESTIAL MARSHALL
Quote from: ???? on November 01, 2017, 09:48:16 PM

they always make fun of new yorkers who come down there not knowing how to drive

I had a cousin (who came from Florida) who watched the four walls of my family's home because he refused to take public transportation
:dead:
It's like they don't know how to walk anymore... (he's originally from NYC)
NXNXNXNXN

It has a bad rep here

Funny though, when we visit up north we treat the subway and trains like a tourist attraction and go for rides  :plzstop:

I went to Miami and got on the monorail and was like oh wow  :ohwow: and everyone else was like  :hmph: just tryna get to my stop

And every time I go visit my aunt/granny up north, we do the same shit there.

I haven't seen the big rats yet though

ya rock muh world.

Quote from: ???? on November 01, 2017, 09:48:16 PM

I had a cousin (who came from Florida) who watched the four walls of my family's home because he refused to take public transportation
It's like they don't know how to walk anymore... (he's originally from NYC)
being in the south does spoil you.sndnsnnsnsd

you go from HUSTLIN' in the streets of NYC ....the hustle and bustle of it all....to a much more calm and lazy feeling atmosphere.

i was overwhelmed when i came back up for good and had to get back into a crowded street for the first time. like omg all these fucking people :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

I never understood why ppl from other places get so nervous about NYC when they come here but it clicked for me once I came back after a few years.

STUNNA GOD

Quote from: cater 2 u on November 01, 2017, 09:23:53 PM
Its the traffic here in NYC. There's almost no such thing as even driving comfortably unless you're in a more suburban area.

It can literally will take you 15-20 minutes to get past 3 blocks in Manhattan on a regularly mild traffic day.

its a lose lose mess in NYC sdbdbbb

might as well go down in the subway and play hopscotch with those fucking rats.
DSDSDDDSDSDSDSDDDSDSD !!!!

Honestly, MTA >>>

In most cases, I just dont see the point in traveling by car just to get somewhere maybe 5 mins sooner. :dead:

GRAND

Quote from: cater 2 u on November 01, 2017, 09:23:53 PM
Its the traffic here in NYC. There's almost no such thing as even driving comfortably unless you're in a more suburban area.

It can literally will take you 15-20 minutes to get past 3 blocks in Manhattan on a regularly mild traffic day.

its a lose lose mess in NYC sdbdbbb

might as well go down in the subway and play hopscotch with those fucking rats.
I was considering moving to NYC when my coins got better in a few years

I'd have to be carless?

:damselindistress:

Sinpool

sndkjddddddddd

This is fucking true.

The thought of walking a few paces makes the girls start panting like shit.

yummy

Quote from: ???? on November 01, 2017, 09:45:08 PM
And the sickening part is... the prices are becoming the NORM to most young professionals.

And I'm like bitches, WAKE UP!

My friends (a couple) just signed a lease in Brooklyn for $3850 for a 1 bedroom.
I just. That's $46,000 a year ALONE, not including utilities.
Yes, they're splitting the rent... Yes, they can afford it.  But...
:melmel:

NYC has most people brainwashed into thinking this is the way life is in NYC and there's nothing we can do about it.
Fuck that.  I'm not going to spend my years throwing money out the window - regardless if I can afford it.  No ma'am.

q

and I bet it's three blocks away from the projects  :kii: these realty investors are making a killing charging tenants an arm and leg because of building amenities while buying these buildings for dirt cheap because of low property value.

Rxxf

Quote from: ANIMMAI on November 01, 2017, 10:08:54 PM
And the sickening part is... the prices are becoming the NORM to most young professionals.

My friends (a couple) just signed a lease in Brooklyn for $3850 for a 1 bedroom.

NYC has most people brainwashed into thinking this is the way life is in NYC and there's nothing we can do about it.
Fuck that.  I'm not going to spend my years throwing money out the window - regardless if I can afford it.  No ma'am.

q

and I bet it's three blocks away from the projects  :kii: these realty investors are making a killing charging tenants an arm and leg because of building amenities while buying these buildings for dirt cheap because of low property value.

It is TWO blocks from the projects.
BRANDY

b7

sdsdd see i think the advantage is that New Yorkers aren't spoiled in that sense

usually self reliant, independent and strong. A lot of California girls could learn from it
in all honesty  :dead:

Rxxf

Quote from: LORD GRAND SUPREME PRIME CELESTIAL MARSHALL on November 01, 2017, 09:56:43 PM

yeah

Even if I lived across the street from my job I'd drive, LOL

:kii:
BRANDY

Heated🔥

see this proves how true the saying "if u can make it in NYC u can make it anywhere" is.
every single thing costs an arm and a leg.

Heated🔥

I live in ENY in a 2BR with my twin and the rent isnt that bad actually.

Rxxf

Quote from: Mary Jane on November 03, 2017, 08:04:09 PM

see this proves how true the saying "if u can make it in NYC u can make it anywhere" is.
every single thing costs an arm and a leg.

Financially, yes.

I think most of us here are in a racial bubble (within reason).
I don't think I could survive in a non-melting pot environment.
BRANDY

Rxxf

Quote from: Mary Jane on November 03, 2017, 08:05:27 PM

Is it rent stabilized?
BRANDY

Heated🔥

Quote from: ???? on November 03, 2017, 08:06:19 PM
Quote from: Mary Jane on November 03, 2017, 08:05:27 PM

Is it rent stabilized?
well we've been living here for almost 4yrs and the rent has been the same.
we renew our lease every year.
our landlord is a great guy though.
pretty reasonable.