I Never Knew One In A Million Never Charted

Started by Navyman, January 16, 2019, 11:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Navyman

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_in_a_Million_(Aaliyah_song)
This classic as record didn't touch the hot 100. I amazed at this feat, let's you know good music will be appreciated even if it's not at that time.

Vonc2002

Wow that is crazy because that seemed like a hit back then too. Played so damn much
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

BAPHOMET.

Harlem

I believe it was #1 on Airplay though. Her power and demand>>>>>>

pop

Most the 90?s r&b songs wasn?t that big of hits we just didn?t know cause it wasn?t any internet

🦚

It wasn?t released as a physical single. So it couldn?t chart.

But shocked! Crazy! New discovery! woWoWoW!

As if it wasn?t JUST discussed on here why her single certifications are few.
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

🦚

January 16, 2019, 11:48:48 PM #7 Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 11:49:43 PM by F??w?d out air?in?$
Quote from: Pop on January 16, 2019, 11:46:35 PM
Most the 90?s r&b songs wasn?t that big of hits we just didn?t know cause it wasn?t any internet

Girl stfu. They were huge radio hits.
Ppl in the 90s cared more about you buying the album than being on some damn singles chart.
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

Lazarus

A lot of her singles from the OIAM era didn't chart

Harlem

High key I never thought that The One I Gave My Heart To charted that high until I researched it back in the day... I was like really a top 10 hit? It makes sense but it?s barely talked about

Aalonso.

Quote from: Harlem on January 16, 2019, 11:49:58 PM
High key I never thought that The One I Gave My Heart To charted that high until I researched it back in the day... I was like really a top 10 hit? It makes sense but it?s barely talked about

It's really her only "safe" song tbh. I feel like Aaliyah making edgy, risky choices with Tim stifled her success. She had the voice to do poppy, light and buttery stuff, but always released forward stuff that was darker with the chance of not catching on.

Navyman

Quote from: Pop on January 16, 2019, 11:46:35 PM

Harlem

:stressed:
Quote from: L0NZ Wit Da Braids. on January 16, 2019, 11:53:49 PM
Quote from: Harlem on January 16, 2019, 11:49:58 PM

It's really her only "safe" song tbh. I feel like Aaliyah making edgy, risky choices with Tim stifled her success. She had the voice to do poppy, light and buttery stuff, but always released forward stuff that was darker with the chance of not catching on.

Yeah like I was confused that 4 Page Letter and Hot Like Fire Remix ain?t chart higher b/c as a kid I remember those songs more than TOIGMT but I can see the pop stations and the whites goin up for it... shit that probably was her ticket to the White House that Christmas in ?97

Demm_

TOIGMHT>>>
Epic vocal. The adlibs at the end...whew...