David Otunga (J Hud's man) briefly speaks on Adele and R&B artists

Started by tigernathan, December 01, 2015, 04:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

RekeRig

eh, he may be right but she's soooo talented. its hard to be mad

Ulysses

If Adele wasn't pure greatness with what she does, I would agree with him.

Ulysses

Oh, and his wife was one of the most overrated singers in R&B history. So no need for him to comment.

BranBran

I understand what he is trying to say, but no R&B girl has released an album as good as 25 lately when it comes to an album full of ballads.

Stewie

white artists get way more credit than they are worth...and the world is racist

Stewie

QuoteLmao fetty wap did crazy numbers this year and he's black.. You fucking faggot get over the fact that no one's listening to your wack ass bitches music and it ain't cause of her skin

jkhhjhjhkjhkjhk
fetty wap?
am i missing something? is fetty 3x platinum?

GYNandTONIC

I understand exactly what he means!

But as others have said Adele deserves her success! Her talent is ubdeniable and she deserve what ever push it is that shes recieving.

With that said I do wish the media stop acting like her music is new.

Stewie

you're missing the point.....she deserves success...but 5 times more success than the top black female artist?

its the inequality that people are annoyed by.

GYNandTONIC

Quote from: Stewie on December 01, 2015, 08:01:53 AM
you're missing the point.....she deserves success...but 5 times more success than the top black female artist?

Judging by the material she puts out.....yes, she deserves 5x the success of the black female artist out.

Shes had her own hurdle to over come....her weight. Being a heavy white woman presents its own level of discrimination.

Now Miley and Taylor on the other hand

Stewie

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on December 01, 2015, 08:08:47 AM

Judging by the material she puts out.....yes, she deserves 5x the success of the black female artist out.

Shes had her own hurdle to over come....her weight. Being a heavy white woman presents its own level of discrimination.

m....ok

and what hurdles? kjkjkjjkj....thats what people LOVE about her...that she's a regular sized woman.....

i'll just say when you're told enough times that someone is just so incredible and perfect you start to believe it....its a human thing...to the point were you don't even realize you've been 'brainwashed'...i dont wanna call it 'brainwashing' because the girl can clearly sing....

GYNandTONIC

Quote from: Stewie on December 01, 2015, 08:27:51 AM
Quote from: GYNandTONIC on December 01, 2015, 08:08:47 AM

m....ok

and what hurdles? kjkjkjjkj....thats what people LOVE about her...that she's a regular sized woman.....

i'll just say when you're told enough times that someone is just so incredible and perfect you start to believe it....its a human thing...to the point were you don't even realize you've been 'brainwashed'...i dont wanna call it 'brainwashing' because the girl can clearly sing....

Yeah, Im not brainwashed.

Yes, being big is her thing. However, its not the norm, nor is it what record execs today consider marketable. Her music is sucessful because it blurs age and cultural barriers. Same reason why Janet, Michael, Whitney, and Mariahs music was so popular. Everybody could get in.

The black girls are either making music that is marketed to a specific age or culture. This is why they aren't selling like Adele. This is why no one is selling like Adele. Do I think shes the greatest singer ever? No, but I reconize when someone music transends a fad, moment, and time. Kelly, Bey, Tamar, Sevyn and friends arent gonna do it because they are to stuck in moment.