David Otunga (J Hud's man) briefly speaks on Adele and R&B artists

Started by tigernathan, December 01, 2015, 04:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

like i really dont see why ppul are reaching for excuses for her success her voice and material are nothing no one else hasnt done
i mean Jessie J >>>>>

especially on a ballad b

i think she pulls that country pop audience imo

but shes not this amazing artist deserving of all this praise and accolades

shes just the selected media darling right now and when they decide to cut ha off you guys will be in hea tambout reasons why she fell off
like the drones u are

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

BAPHOMET.

Bentley!

right.

I was watching her NYC concert last night

She did CP and RITD

Like... She delivers something you can't duplicate black or white imo

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: Bentley! on December 01, 2015, 01:56:56 PM
right.

She did CP and RITD

What is she giving that Chrisette, Jaz or Ledisi isn't?

And for the love of God don't tell me amazing lyrics cause her songwriting is no better than Jaz's.

Phantom

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on December 01, 2015, 02:02:40 PM
right.

She did CP and RITD

And for the love of God don't tell me amazing lyrics cause her songwriting is no better than Jaz's.

Genesis

Quote from: RIG on December 01, 2015, 04:26:29 AM
eh, he may be right but she's soooo talented. its hard to be mad
Do you think jazmine sullivan deserves the same success as adele?

Gilgamesh.

Hell, i'll give you Ledisi cause I don't use her my music my self :dead: but the other two?

Ulysses

Yall acting Ike black artists don't get the "push" that Adele ' s label is giving. Beyonc? and Alicia Keys are great examples of artists that get the same push. The only difference here, Adele just came off of an 11 million selling album. Not to mention, even AFTER the album was done being promoted, it STAYED selling. The bish was sitting up home with her feet up about to give birth and people were still buying.

There are also white artists that don't get the same push also (Jojo for instance, has been trying to push the R&B soul thing and wasn't working with her label)

Can't a bitch just be TALENTED and likeable??

Bentley!

right.

She did CP and RITD

I'd say ADELE's strength is how cohesive she is.

she doesn't do a wide array of vocals, but her tone is unique and she can SING.

Everything from 19 to 21 to 25

You can tell she's really into her craft and how it's presented. Ppl even say "she's boring!"

But it's just what's she's giving is connecting with ppl because she stays true to it right down to her dresses :dead:

I can't name a black or white artist who has done that with their career to the extent she has.

AIDS!

Quote from: Bentley! on December 01, 2015, 02:25:05 PM
right.

She did CP and RITD

You can tell she's really into her craft and how it's presented. Ppl even say "she's boring!"

But it's just what's she's giving is connecting with ppl because she stays true to it right down to her dresses :dead:

I can't name a black or white artist who has done that with their career to the extent she has.
????

Genesis

Quote from: Ulysses on December 01, 2015, 02:22:53 PM
Yall acting Ike black artists don't get the "push" that Adele ' s label is giving. Beyonc? and Alicia Keys are great examples of artists that get the same push. The only difference here, Adele just came off of an 11 million selling album. Not to mention, even AFTER the album was done being promoted, it STAYED selling. The bish was sitting up home with her feet up about to give birth and people were still buying.

There are also white artists that don't get the same push also (Jojo for instance, has been trying to push the R&B soul thing and wasn't working with her label)

Beyonce & Alicia had to work twice as hard. And beyonce and alicia are two of 3 black female singers that get mainstream attention. Point proven.

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: Ulysses on December 01, 2015, 02:22:53 PM

I mean... tbh.
Robin Thicke was out promoting more on National TV than Adele and his albums flopped to the pits of hell.
When "Blurred Lines" came out his label was giving him all types of push. But it didnt work cause the public didnt want.

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: Bentley! on December 01, 2015, 02:25:05 PM
right.

She did CP and RITD

HUN I could name you five r&B albums right now as cohesive as anything Adele is serving.