David Otunga (J Hud's man) briefly speaks on Adele and R&B artists

Started by tigernathan, December 01, 2015, 04:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yummy

I don't really think it's fair to attribute all of her success to being white. She does have some sort of talent and seems to have a genuine passion for music. But her main selling point is relatability. She doesn't look like a supermodel, she's not a sexpot and her music designed to appeal to any and every demographic; most of her songs can be played anywhere from the Olympic games to a romantic comedy movie.

With that said, that alb' is fucking snore and I'm tired of hearing about it.

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: Corporate Cannibal. on December 01, 2015, 08:35:58 PM
LMAO Jazmine, Jill Scott etc

like... lol...there isn't anything special about Adele's voice.

Have you bought any of Jaz' or Jill's mess ?  :ohwow:

Angel In Disguise

No lies told.  I don't understand Adele's hype...I just don't.  Almost everyone that covers "Hello" does a better job of it.

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on December 01, 2015, 04:58:24 PM
No shade, but from my observation folks didn't
really LATCH onto 'Dele until Amy passed away.

Just sayin...

amy was never that good  .. she was given too much IMO

Genesis

Quote from: One Of Those Nights. on December 01, 2015, 08:25:47 PM
I could see people being upset with Sam Smith. John Legend is a better artist in every way and that's an example of white privilege. Or Justin Timberlake. He is no better than Usher or Chris Brown.

With Adele, name one black R&B / soul artist who sings as well as her and has the material she has. And the personality to boot. Plus, she hasn't over exposed herself like other artists so people anticipated her return.

And c'mon. Adele is fat in an industry that only cares about image. She isn't selling only on her skin color like Katy Perry or Taylor Swift.
Yeah fuck you

Go blow out adele's fat ass

Stewie

Quote from: Angel In Disguise on December 01, 2015, 08:47:58 PM
No lies told.  I don't understand Adele's hype...I just don't.  Almost everyone that covers "Hello" does a better job of it.

so true

the one asian girl on youtube

Genesis

eminem already dominated rap music

Yall gon let adele take over r &
B too? Smdh

BAPHOMET.

b

only one song from 25 is even close to R&B.
Y'all just be saying shit to be saying it.

Stewie

Quote from: Genesis on December 01, 2015, 09:14:39 PM
Quote from: One Of Those Nights. on December 01, 2015, 08:25:47 PM
I could see people being upset with Sam Smith. John Legend is a better artist in every way and that's an example of white privilege. Or Justin Timberlake. He is no better than Usher or Chris Brown.

With Adele, name one black R&B / soul artist who sings as well as her and has the material she has. And the personality to boot. Plus, she hasn't over exposed herself like other artists so people anticipated her return.

And c'mon. Adele is fat in an industry that only cares about image. She isn't selling only on her skin color like Katy Perry or Taylor Swift.
Yeah fuck you

Go blow out adele's fat ass
bbbb

Stewie

[youtube autoplay=1 start=18][/youtube]

Kaeli.

Sorry  but I don't understand what Adele has to do with black artists.

1. The bitch is not R&B.
2. She's slaying the other white bitches to, so like :dead:

Some of ya'll are acting like her success is the norm. As if other whites just shit out 3M albums in a week.  :ohwow:

Adele slayed everyone and you're just gonna have 2 get over it!  :cheerup: