David Otunga (J Hud's man) briefly speaks on Adele and R&B artists

Started by tigernathan, December 01, 2015, 04:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BAPHOMET.

Im just going off of what Mays said.
That's 8 million people that bought 21 that didnt buy Back to Black. That's all im saying.  :dead:

tigernathan

Two different artists, time periods and PR.

Amy was being slandered by the media whereas Adele gets praise. Totally different. But all things considered, Amy was a huge star and her albums did very well and still does.

Admin

The real issue is that record labels don't seem to invest and believe in black artists.
A Jazmine will never get the push an Adele gets. It's racism and it begins with the labels.
Just my opinionata. :jarvwhereru:

AIDS!

Quote from: amy on December 01, 2015, 06:45:45 PM
Two different artists, time periods and PR.

Amy was being slandered by the media whereas Adele gets praise. Totally different. But all things considered, Amy was a huge star and her albums did very well and still does.
!!!
Especially in the U.K
Adele was always a step behind Amy

Kurama

Adele can write and sing. Is that enough to warrant all this success...idk

and her alb is fuckin snooze btw.

∧ ∨ ∩ ∪

Quote from: squid on December 01, 2015, 06:52:09 PM
The real issue is that record labels don't seem to invest and believe in black artists.
A Jazmine will never get the push an Adele gets. It's racism and it begins with the labels.

!

Jon

Quote from: squid on December 01, 2015, 06:52:09 PM

Adele makes her record label money though. If Jazmine did I'm sure they would give her a bigger budget for promo.

∧ ∨ ∩ ∪

Jaz isn't being given an opportunity to make her label money though. You can't possibly be that fucking stupid.

Genesis

K michelle said that she had to give up potential hit songs to white artists because she was black.

The industry is severely white dominated. MJ Beat the odds but the industry quickly tore him down though.

Bentley!

I love Adele's writing
It cuts so deep, and it's REAL.

Sorry, what were yawl discussing?

One Of Those Nights.

I could see people being upset with Sam Smith. John Legend is a better artist in every way and that's an example of white privilege. Or Justin Timberlake. He is no better than Usher or Chris Brown.

With Adele, name one black R&B / soul artist who sings as well as her and has the material she has. And the personality to boot. Plus, she hasn't over exposed herself like other artists so people anticipated her return.

And c'mon. Adele is fat in an industry that only cares about image. She isn't selling only on her skin color like Katy Perry or Taylor Swift.

yummy

Quote from: One Of Those Nights. on December 01, 2015, 08:25:47 PM
With Adele, name one black R&B / soul artist who sings as well as her and has the material she has.

I can think of more than a few black ones  :dead: and a few white ones too