Brandy - Freedom Rings (Out Now!) [#1 R&B/Top 40 iTunes]

Started by Kaeli., September 23, 2019, 06:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple Moon

Must be a purple moon, feel like one of those nights...

AfroJisiac

September 26, 2019, 06:58:26 PM #766 Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 07:02:40 PM by AfroJisiac
Quote from: TriBeCa on September 26, 2019, 06:47:11 PM
This has to be the first Brandy single that has no replay value for me. I have no interest in hearing it again. Her runs might be incredible, but I hope she has better songs up her sleeve. The first single is supposed have you hooked. I'm glad some of you are enjoying it at least.

the only 1st single brandy had that had people hooked might have been The boy is Mine... i don't remember her other 1st singles bein' an instant "we all love it" in the general public... but correct me if i'm wrong...

DrewBabyLove

Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on September 26, 2019, 06:37:03 PM
Quote from: AfroJisiac on September 26, 2019, 06:34:59 PM
Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on September 26, 2019, 06:27:20 PM
fuck what i just said...This is an ANTHEM! Declare your freedom Brandy. The lyrics are beautiful.

How dare this bitch slay me like that?

the way she start the 2nd verse "Everything around me's changing' nooooow-oooow"  => that give me fuckin' chills !! yams bitch u better emote  :plzstop:

This! I'm sorry but she was living these lyrics in that damn studio booth. If you think about it, it's quite the "I'm back bitches!" song, single or not.

Purple Moon

"Hearts made in winter, hopes made in spring."

poetic queen
Must be a purple moon, feel like one of those nights...

Gilgamesh.

Welp, it's midnite here. Lemme see if it's on Spotify yet.

Amazing

My fave part is:

hearts made in winter
hopes made in spring
trying to remember
what made me sing
crumbled and broken
hoping these wings
can help me rise again

fedswatchin

Quote from: Hugo on September 25, 2019, 06:32:04 PM
I'm not excited for whatever this is. I don't like how it sounds and after 7 years this ain't what I want from her

:-/
you can log off then

BrandonBranlee

Ya'll adding me on Snapchat but not with the full ass song 🙄. Mcgruber21 on Snap if you wanna trade for some shit

Mel.

She sounds phenomenal
I really like this

this could be cute for like a movie/tv show theme song
it would be perfect for that upcoming "Black Panther" film

Gilgamesh.

September 26, 2019, 07:07:25 PM #776 Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 07:12:18 PM by Gilgamesh.
I can't get over how powerful her voice is now.

Amazing

I am going through it right now.

The shit has been on repeat at least 25 times so far.

fedswatchin

Quote from: DrewBabyLove on September 25, 2019, 06:49:59 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on September 25, 2019, 06:39:38 PM
Quote from: DrewBabyLove on September 25, 2019, 06:36:36 PM
IMO Brandy has never disappointed musically. She has never released a bad song, a bad album. Even the songs she just decides to drop that aren't singles like Cigarettes, Beggin, Silent Night, etc. are always appreciated musically. This song that seems like it's just an intro to the album/era will be no different.

This is true.

It's that weird ass personality that's questionable 😂

What's weird to me is that y'all think y'all know her personality fully as if y'all know her personally. Most of y'all have never even had a conversation with her. Y'all think y'all know who she is and isn't based off small snippets of what y'all see and hear.
ack

I dunno why these girls get such a kick out of being so disrespectful to their fave

DrewBabyLove

Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on September 26, 2019, 06:48:26 PM
Also I think the lyrics in the second verse are "I laugh at thunder, dance through rain
It means the sun will shine again" and not "It means Lashawn will shine again".

She says "and me and lashawn will shine again" though I believe sun will shine were the original lyrics before his passing.