Started by Kaeli., September 23, 2019, 06:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovechild

Quote from: lovechild on September 30, 2019, 02:47:51 PM
Quote from: She Is Coming. on September 30, 2019, 03:48:49 AM
Didn't she say her voice was fragile or sum

Brandy ain't really a BELTY girl

I don't want her to ruin her gift tryna show out

Right !! I feel like since the vocal bible thing Brandy has been singing differently and I don't think it's needed. She doesn't need to scream and push her voice to the max . I think her voice is fragile and she also does more belting these days and it seems like back in the day she was more calculated and laid back with the vocals but still a beast.

I think that's what's causing the strain and vocal issues and I just hope she knows her power isn't in belting but her tone and technique is so magical!! I absolutely can't imagine her singing this completely live and I don't want her to strain her voice trying to do so .

Queen can softly coo to me any day and I'd be  in heaven.

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Babyface on September 30, 2019, 03:32:19 AM
I never get why she does that.
If u recorded it in that key then sis u most definitely can sing it in the same key.

Yes im sure mariah was singing all those power ballads in the original key for mulyyiple dates and look where it got her

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Monika

If u recorded it in that key then sis u most definitely can sing it in the same key.
maybe it's more comfortable for her to sing lower. In the studio, you can make a mistake, and go try it agsin unti it's right, hut live you can't. So maybe it's safter to herbto sing live in a key that's more comfortable.

If you have to sing multiple nights in a key that is not your comfort zone, you can mess your voice up.
Yahudah

RAY7

Quote from: Monika on September 30, 2019, 03:01:06 PM
maybe it's more comfortable for her to sing lower. In the studio, you can make a mistake, and go try it agsin unti it's right, hut live you can't. So maybe it's safter to herbto sing live in a key that's more comfortable.

If you have to sing multiple nights in a key that is not your comfort zone, you can mess your voice up.
Teach Monika!

Kaeli.

Quote from: DrewBabyLove on September 29, 2019, 09:46:28 PM
Quote from: Monika on September 29, 2019, 07:39:37 PM
Quote from: DrewBabyLove on September 29, 2019, 06:32:14 PM
Quote from: Ulysses on September 29, 2019, 05:22:40 PM
Quote from: Monika on September 29, 2019, 05:16:00 PM
Any of you guys gonna do it?

I can't sing sooooo no. Ray, should try it!
Oh no....

I've seen a dozen people attempt it, only one got it. But no ones really trying except those few. That's an extremely difficult run.
i haven't seen many people do it. Who got it right? What's the person's IG?

;

ReVon

Quote from: DrewBabyLove on September 29, 2019, 09:46:28 PM
Quote from: Monika on September 29, 2019, 07:39:37 PM
Quote from: DrewBabyLove on September 29, 2019, 06:32:14 PM
Quote from: Ulysses on September 29, 2019, 05:22:40 PM
Quote from: Monika on September 29, 2019, 05:16:00 PM
Any of you guys gonna do it?

I can't sing sooooo no. Ray, should try it!
Oh no....

I've seen a dozen people attempt it, only one got it. But no ones really trying except those few. That's an extremely difficult run.
i haven't seen many people do it. Who got it right? What's the person's IG?

He was so sure. :melmel:

Bentley. HARRIS!

Quote from: 89 on September 30, 2019, 03:13:42 PM

Teach Monika!
s

you do know that mostly applies to live covers tho right?

usually when you record, you wanna be comfortable anyways, so the key that your songs for your alberm come out in, should be fairly close to what you can do live.

Of course they pitch some songs up for radio, or if the mess wasn't written for you and you didn't do any modifications (all exceptions to the general rule above)

but .. it's misleading to say it's a common practice to just sing a live song lower when your voice is tired buddy lolz

of course ...  I'm a singer, so I'd know ... ki
:welllol:

Kalifornia.

Quote from: Bentley. A Moderator. on September 30, 2019, 04:38:44 PM

Teach Monika!
s

usually when you record, you wanna be comfortable anyways, so the key that your songs for your alberm come out in, should be fairly close to what you can do live.

Of course they pitch some songs up for radio, or if the mess wasn't written for you and you didn't do any modifications (all exceptions to the general rule above)

but .. it's misleading to say it's a common practice to just sing a live song lower when your voice is tired buddy lolz

:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

Kalifornia.

RAY7

Teach Monika!
I'm a singer
:tellmemoreireallycare:

D.I.E.G.O.

:gorlonfire: :gorlonfire: :gorlonfire:

I've missed her voice in music so much. Loving this track and direction for her.

DrewBabyLove

Teach Monika!
s

He literally never said it was common practice to just sing a live song lower when a persons voice is tired. What he did say is that singing live in lower keys can protect BRANDY voice. However, it is common knowledge that singing night after night, especially songs out of a comfortable point for your voice can put a strain on your voice and that goes for every singer. Look what Tamar Braxton voice went through after she released Love and War. Bish couldn't really SING for months.

I don't see what the issue is. Brandy and many other artist have recorded songs in the studio that they never sing live. Jazmine Sullivan for example said she didn't sing her "Love Me Back" album tracks live because they were out of a comfortable live range for her.

If you're a singer then this shouldn't be hard to understand.

DrewBabyLove

Of course she could just record the songs in a lower key but why not push yourself vocally while you're in a controlled environment like a studio? Lolz I don't understand

RAY7

Quote from: DrewBabyLove on September 30, 2019, 06:47:48 PM

Teach Monika!
s

If you're a singer then this shouldn't be hard to understand.
he's not
that's whats hilarious :hehe:

Young