Brandy “Baby Mama” (Feat. Chance The Rapper) is out May 1st

Started by Buddha, April 13, 2020, 03:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulysses

Quote from: Gifted. on April 14, 2020, 04:19:49 PM
It's MEH..

and I feel they've changed the song up cause the snippet I heard a couple months ago>>>>>>>the mess I heard in the video.

this just isn't a good lead single after an 8 year break.
It's gonna be Two Eleven all over again. Not releasing the best music and instead releasing something thinking it will reach more audience.

Give us Camper!

Le Champ

Quote from: Ulysses on April 14, 2020, 05:30:27 PM
It's MEH..

and I feel they've changed the song up cause the snippet I heard a couple months ago>>>>>>>the mess I heard in the video.

It's gonna be Two Eleven all over again. Not releasing the best music and instead releasing something thinking it will reach more audience.

Give us Camper!

Y'all relax  :plzstop:
This is ONE opinion. Everybody isn't going to love it, and it's nearly impossible for EVERYONE to love the same thing lol

Ulysses

Bigmacthawoppa

April 14, 2020, 05:36:51 PM #423 Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 05:37:53 PM by Bigmacthawoppa
Quote from: Lee on April 14, 2020, 05:33:16 PM
It's MEH..

Give us Camper!

This is ONE opinion. Everybody isn't going to love it, and it's nearly impossible for EVERYONE to love the same thing lol

!!!!!

I was literally about to post this, nearly verbatim. Not everyone is gonna love it. Hell, I'm not super excited about the content of the song myself but I'm glad we're finally getting something  :dead:

Plus I know that there will be songs on the album that feed me, so if this isn't my favorite it's not the end of the world. Let's not map out her failure before we even hear it, based off one person's opinion.  :dead:

Sovereign.

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on April 14, 2020, 05:36:51 PM
It's MEH..

Give us Camper!

!!!!!

I was literally about to post this, nearly verbatim. Not everyone is gonna love it. Hell, I'm not super excited about the content of the song myself but I'm glad we're finally getting something  :dead:

Plus I know that there will be songs on the album that feed me, so if this isn't my favorite it's not the end of the world. Let's not map out her failure before we even hear it, based off one person's opinion.  :dead:

BRockaBaby

Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on April 14, 2020, 04:21:17 PM
It's MEH..

gurl

Lol here we go. I just knew it was a matter of time...

Le Champ

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on April 14, 2020, 05:36:51 PM
It's MEH..

Give us Camper!

!!!!!

!!! The singles are usually not the best songs on the album anyways, and that goes for most artists. We need something that's catchy, fun, and is gonna draw attention. Baby Mama sounds like it'll be just that tbh.

Bigmacthawoppa

And y'all KNOW she can't come out the gate with something super deep, crazy long chorus with complex backgrounds and harmonies throughout. The GP is a bit too basic for that, lolz. Gotta warm them up with a slight bop and then slay with the follow-up.
:justabit:

Buddha

If you guys are expecting a song that'll blow up like "Put It Down" this isn't it. This is just an enjoyable record with great vocals and production. And its age appropriate too 

HUGO

Quote from: Buddha on April 14, 2020, 06:02:13 PM
If you guys are expecting a song that'll blow up like "Put It Down" this isn't it. This is just an enjoyable record with great vocals and production. And its age appropriate too

:omgwatshappening:

Eh...

Lol so the 3 people on the board who have heard it all have different opinions

1 loves it, the other thinks it is an ok song but a good/decent reintroduction, and the other doesn't really care for it but it isn't horrible and says the video is cute

Yep... We all just need to wait to hear it for ourselves at this point
Eh... 🤷🏾‍♂️

Buddha

Quote from: KippDaddy on April 14, 2020, 06:04:00 PM
Quote from: Buddha on April 14, 2020, 06:02:13 PM

Wait I feel like this song has potentially to do
More than PID

ESP if marketed correctly

eh "Put It Down" definitely felt more instant than this. Plus it was on a major label, had a Chris Brown feature and was specifically geared towards young people.

i like Baby Mama more but yeah

Le Champ

People on here hated PID too :dead:
I'm excited. I love Hit-boi, love Chance. I'm ready to bop.