New Rodney Jerkins interview (talks possibility of Brandy reunion)

Started by Le Champ, May 15, 2020, 08:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GLOCK

Quote from: RIGs on May 16, 2020, 03:06:17 AM
Quote from: GLOCK 🌹 on May 16, 2020, 01:45:36 AM
I just can't imagine him going from futuristic to a more traditional r&b mess for a continuation
!!!! He wasn't on that back then, even on his slower songs

2nd thought is amaze but more so because of the vocals IMO. Doesn't really move me outside of that
its iconic  :uhh:

Don't get choked

But yeah.
The production is very.. normal

GLOCK

Quote from: Beau on May 16, 2020, 03:26:00 AM
https://genius.com/Brandy-2nd-thought-lyrics genius says its this song lol
hmm
I don't think this is accurate

Brandy was not working with her baby Daddy after full moon to my knowledge
I just don't see it

Demm_

b7

Quote from: The definition on May 16, 2020, 03:24:13 AM
Quote from: TriBeCa on May 15, 2020, 10:17:51 PM
Love 2nd Thought. Always wanted it in better quality. Brandy clearly doesn't know what her best songs are. That's the thing that scares me about her being in charge.
My thoughts exactly, the fact that Brandy is entirely in charge of her next album concerns me
meh, I'm not at all.

Who do you all think is the reason for arguably her best album being entitled Full moon? That was Brandy  :dead: she's the reason that song exists and even made the album.

She hasn't been in charge since the Full moon era. Give her a chance. Trust me, cuz Human and TwoEleven had very little to do with her and most of y'all drag those albums and eras to hell

So, which is it? Either u want her to try and be the artist she is or you don't.

b7

Quote from: GLOCK 🌹 on May 16, 2020, 03:29:08 AM
Quote from: Beau on May 16, 2020, 03:26:00 AM
https://genius.com/Brandy-2nd-thought-lyrics genius says its this song lol
hmm
I don't think this is accurate

Brandy was not working with her baby Daddy after full moon to my knowledge
I just don't see it
ggggggg did someone just type that up now?

But the Robert stuff makes sense because they said it was scrapped right before she got petty and dialed Timbalands number  :kii:

Remember that's why Jennifer Lopez and other artists ended up with some of those leftover songs as well. Brandy had moved on

b7

Brandy has never been business savvy, but musically I'm putting 1 million percent of my personal faith in her and her decision making as far as how this album will be structured.

The fact that she's still in there with camper and mixing it in the final hour >>>>>

She really locked in like the good ole days and this Album is going to be its own artistic and special thing. I doubt we'll be able to compare it to ANYTHING she's done.

Checkmate Burruss

May 16, 2020, 07:45:14 AM #54 Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 07:46:35 AM by Checkmate Burruss
yeah the second thought that we're aware of was produced by her baby daddy and Rodney.
THEY DO ANYDAMNTHANG FUH BSOURCE CLOUT

Gilgamesh.

Second Thought is cute for a throwback moment. it has too many runs imo. I can see why Bran wasn't feeling it. 

Ma Lo

That song she did with big Bert " Feel So Good"? is a way better throwback than 2nd Thought, although I do love the song, it just didn't fit the album. Like This and When You Touch Me are classic R&B songs but they sound less dated than 2nd Thought. Rodney isn't the end all be all for Brandy. She's made some amazing music without him and I'm very excited now that she has more creative control. Now she got Baby Mama out of her system I want to see what's next. 

b7

Quote from: Ntwadumela on May 16, 2020, 08:27:54 AM
That song she did with big Bert " Feel So Good"? is a way better throwback than 2nd Thought, although I do love the song, it just didn't fit the album. Like This and When You Touch Me are classic R&B songs but they sound less dated than 2nd Thought. Rodney isn't the end all be all for Brandy. She's made some amazing music without him and I'm very excited now that she has more creative control. Now she got Baby Mama out of her system I want to see what's next.
it wasn't going to be on full moon

It was to be her fourth album that a year later became Afrodisiac. She scrapped everything and teamed up with Timbo

HUGO

Y'all think if sis released an album like 2 years after Afro things would've been a lil different?

:stressed:

b7

Quote from: Glock's HUSBAND on May 16, 2020, 08:45:19 AM
Y'all think if sis released an album like 2 years after Afro things would've been a lil different?

:stressed:
I've always believed that

But the tragedy happened, so smh