New Rodney Jerkins interview (talks possibility of Brandy reunion)

Started by Le Champ, May 15, 2020, 08:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Champ

QuoteThat Grape Juice: Give us an example of a song you loved that the artist didn't.

Rodney: There's a song I wrote called 'Second Thought' that was to be the continuation of 'I Thought' from Brandy's 'Full Moon' album.  No one's ever heard it, but it was really good.

TGJ #3:  Could we see a reunion with Brandy any time soon?

Rodney: You never know. If the cards are dealt right, it will happen. I think Brandy is an incredible talent, incredible voice, and has one of the most distinctive tones and quality in a voice that we have ever heard. So, we'll see what happens.

Full interview: https://thatgrapejuice.net/2020/05/exclusive-rodney-jerkins-talks-new-gospel-single-the-verzuz-phenomenon-love-for-brandy-more/

Him and Bryan discussing his work on NSN (15 min in)
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CAMNG6_gMdQ/?igshid=cm253gy4wsyi

SN: Is this the Second Thought he's talking about that "no one has ever heard"?  :shannonsmissing:

Buy The Stars✨

Le Champ

Quote from: Troye on May 15, 2020, 08:10:31 PM
Hmm it's possible ... maybe he doesn't knownot
Leaked  ?

Listening to it now, it kinda reminds me of He Is, but he didn't produce that so idk lol

HUGO

Interesting. What are the odds of the song having the same name as her unreleased track? Not it being out to the public and him having no clue

:plzstop:

Le Champ

Quote from: Glock's HUSBAND on May 15, 2020, 08:29:10 PM
Interesting. What are the odds of the song having the same name as her unreleased track? Not it being out to the public and him having no clue

yea Rodney has always kinda lived in his own world :dead:

HUGO

Quote from: Lee on May 15, 2020, 08:33:18 PM
Quote from: Glock's HUSBAND on May 15, 2020, 08:29:10 PM

yea Rodney has always kinda lived in his own world :dead:

I feel like we've had that song for over a decade

RAY7

REALucid

If it's that 2nd Thought, when would she have recorded it? Her voice on that sounds nothing like her voice during any of the times they were working together.

Sidenote: he always comes across so arrogant to me when discussing her
Used to write our names in car fog

Le Champ

Quote from: RealMatic on May 15, 2020, 09:02:14 PM
If it's that 2nd Thought, when would she have recorded it? Her voice on that sounds nothing like her voice during any of the times they were working together.

Rodney is just arrogant in general kdsnfjsdnf

And I'm never confident in pinpointing when Bran has recorded something. I've never heard someone just be able to change their tone whenever the hell they feel like it  :plzstop: :plzstop:

Cowboy Nine

I never thought about it before but I guess Second Thought could sound like a continuation of I Thought

CREAM.

REALucid

Quote from: Lee on May 15, 2020, 09:05:31 PM
Quote from: RealMatic on May 15, 2020, 09:02:14 PM

Rodney is just arrogant in general kdsnfjsdnf

And I'm never confident in pinpointing when Bran has recorded something. I've never heard someone just be able to change their tone whenever the hell they feel like it  :plzstop: :plzstop:

That's true too lol
Used to write our names in car fog

TriBeCa

Love 2nd Thought. Always wanted it in better quality. Brandy clearly doesn't know what her best songs are. That's the thing that scares me about her being in charge.