Started by AfroJisiac, July 30, 2020, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yummy

The last 90 seconds of Borderline

holy shit

:gorlonfire:

JCJ 🪐

From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

y'all are still stupid I see. She is clearly not shading Bey. There is only one "reference" to Beyonce (or Destiny's Child really) when she sings say my name. The line about not being in a group with other chicks is LITERALLY the same message she conveyed in List. She isn't gonna play second fiddle to someone in her romantic relationships. It is SO obvious what she's talking about given the context of the song. Stop being messy.
^

Vonc2002

Guys, I am unexpectedly IN LOVE with Borderline.  I can't stop listening.  Like, JESUS!  :gorlonfire:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

yummy

borderline...  :ohwow:

schizo... :loose2when:

this tiome...  :usureuok:

Luxury

Quote from: VirgoMind on July 31, 2020, 10:45:53 AM
Quote from: EL CHICO CEDRICO on July 31, 2020, 05:33:50 AM
Quote from: Desilu on July 31, 2020, 05:14:04 AM
Quote from: TogetherAgain on July 31, 2020, 04:41:04 AM
I don't think Brandy would reference Say My Name and shade Bey on the same album

But if she is shading her, I'm here for it

:welllol:

She's shading her down

"Been an original since 94...never catch me in a group singing with some other chicks.... Got a Lion in my pocket"

"Never catch me and my daughter singing in the sand"

:kii:

OMG WAIT ! Now that you point it like that .....

:jarvwhereru:

I thought she said sinking in the sand. Referencing quick sand
She did. It's kinda CLEAR that's what she said. Dont know why people have to do this.   :melmel:

Harlem

As I continue to listen to this album, she really didn't need track 11-14 AT ALL. And if it was properly polished and mixed sis would've gave us something!

CREAM.

anywho I've moved to playing the album on shuffle and these transitions...No Tomorrow ---> High Heels ---> Baby Mama. What kinda trifecta  :uhh:
^

Quote from: 123 on July 31, 2020, 10:51:59 AM
y'all are still stupid I see. She is clearly not shading Bey. There is only one "reference" to Beyonce (or Destiny's Child really) when she sings say my name. The line about not being in a group with other chicks is LITERALLY the same message she conveyed in List. She isn't gonna play second fiddle to someone in her romantic relationships. It is SO obvious what she's talking about given the context of the song. Stop being messy.
:receipts:
^

Vonc2002

Quote from: animmai. on July 31, 2020, 10:53:25 AM
borderline...  :ohwow:

schizo... :loose2when:

this tiome...  :usureuok:

:gorlonfire:
Like, the snippet didn't even really do much for me like that but :ack:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

yummy

'ology

Her voice is so beautiful on borderline 
Blessed Be The Mufuckin Fruit!!!

'ology

Quote from: 123 on July 31, 2020, 10:55:05 AM
anywho I've moved to playing the album on shuffle and these transitions...No Tomorrow ---> High Heels ---> Baby Mama. What kinda trifecta  :uhh:
!!!!
Blessed Be The Mufuckin Fruit!!!

CREAM.