OMG B7 is lashing guyyyyyyssssss !!!

Started by AfroJisiac, July 30, 2020, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aalonso.

Quote from: Desilu on July 30, 2020, 10:13:51 PM
Quote from: BorderL0NZ. on July 30, 2020, 10:10:23 PM
I see a lot of "same was said about Full Moon" but was it? I know FM was different than a lot of other things sonically but ya'll are saying EVERYTHING negative thats being said about B7 was said about FM. And Im like..was it..werent yall like 10? Or are there articles that support this

Full Moon wasn't favorable with critics when it first came out.

Funny because then people felt like Brandy's voice was drowned out by the heavy production.

B7 her voice stands out over the minimalist vibe.

I get that but thats not whats happening here. Did the FANS not favor Full Moon? I remember yall loving FUll Moon (song) and being blown away with WAU especially the video. Thats not whats happening here with Baby Mama and Border, and the fans' reception.

We dont know what the critics think of B7 yet

bby ddy

FM had very mixed reviews when it was released. It has a 60 Metascore. Rolling Stone referred to it As "frantic, faceless fake-sexy R&B."

I think it was unappreciated because it was nothing like the popular sound of the time.

Almost 20 years later, I'm sure those reviewers are eating their words.

I was only 13 when FM was released. It took me yeeeears to appreciate it. I didn't know any better. The radio was king back then and they controlled what was "popular".  There was no social media at the time, so I don't know what the fans thought.

I'm not comparing B7 to ANY of Brans previous works but I get what people are saying.

JCJ 🪐

Quote from: Desilu on July 30, 2020, 10:06:38 PM
Borderline is a STANDOUT.

Everything isn't a knock.

Haven't heard anyone mention that as a critique

v
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

Le Champ

So many differing opinions. I'm interested to see what critics say, but I'll be listening to the alberm in two hours so I can tell y'all the FACTS  :nowgorl:

LOONA.

FRANCE

Quote from: Andthecategoryis... on July 30, 2020, 10:14:00 PM
Quote from: Camo on July 30, 2020, 10:09:50 PM
Y'all connecting with this album emotionally?

Every Brandy album has brought me to tears in some way.

For this one to be so personal it doesn't for some reason.

Omg yes its like something is missing. But I think its because I need to hear it in HQ and its so much going on that its hard to digest until maybe a month in or so but Lucid Dreams has me emotional

She's honestly doing too much lyrically. Victoria Monet came thru and just wrote a simple song for Bran and focused more on melody. Some of the other songs are just spoken word vomit blended w/ melodies and harmonies. Even the chorus for No Tomorrow is perfect, and then the verses are like  :uhh:

Desilu

Quote from: BorderL0NZ. on July 30, 2020, 10:17:46 PM
I see a lot of "same was said about Full Moon" but was it? I know FM was different than a lot of other things sonically but ya'll are saying EVERYTHING negative thats being said about B7 was said about FM. And Im like..was it..werent yall like 10? Or are there articles that support this

Funny because then people felt like Brandy's voice was drowned out by the heavy production.

I get that but thats not whats happening here. Did the FANS not favor Full Moon? I remember yall loving FUll Moon (song) and being blown away with WAU especially the video. Thats not whats happening here with Baby Mama and Border, and the fans' reception.

Again the fans were what 10?

Time to upgrade those ears.

Bish

Quote from: Bentley. THE Moderator. on July 30, 2020, 10:17:28 PM
I do remember Werq being a very sensible dresser tho
Lol the so called reads are cute when I just picked up my LV pochette Métis on Tuesday. But TJ Maxxx has good deals and sells name brands though.

Jumpmaanjumpmaan

All of brandy albums take multiple listens only because she always go against the grain but we shall see.

LOONA.

Quote from: Bish on July 30, 2020, 10:21:11 PM
Quote from: Bentley. THE Moderator. on July 30, 2020, 10:17:28 PM
I do remember Werq being a very sensible dresser tho
Lol the so called reads are cute when I just picked up my LV pochette Métis on Tuesday. But TJ Maxxx has good deals and sells name brands though.

Girl go back to fry duty.

McDonald's doesn't close til 11.

Kaeli.

A few of you are absolutely delusional 

FRANCE

Quote from: bby ddy on July 30, 2020, 10:17:57 PM
FM had very mixed reviews when it was released. It has a 60 Metascore. Rolling Stone referred to it As "frantic, faceless fake-sexy R&B."

I think it was unappreciated because it was nothing like the popular sound of the time.

Almost 20 years later, I'm sure those reviewers are eating their words.

I was only 13 when FM was released. It took me yeeeears to appreciate it. I didn't know any better. The radio was king back then and they controlled what was "popular".  There was no social media at the time, so I don't know what the fans thought.

I'm not comparing B7 to ANY of Brans previous works but I get what people are saying.

There are many great albums that critics dont like. Countless even. We're not talkin about critics. We're talkin about fans. And Brandy fans loved Full Moon when the album was released. Not as much as NSN, but they did at the time. The album just didnt get as much appreciation because the era was so short lived.

Aalonso.

Quote from: Desilu on July 30, 2020, 10:19:54 PM
Quote from: BorderL0NZ. on July 30, 2020, 10:17:46 PM

Again the fans were what 10?

Time to upgrade

Is it?

Cowboy Nine

Quote from: Kaeli. on July 30, 2020, 10:22:32 PM
A few of you are absolutely delusional
sfksfns;fdndklfmfds

Which members babe?

BORderline

I don't know about the mixing anymore.
I got what Glock and Lew were saying but the iTunes previews sounds so GOOD with my Beats on.

sdf
sd
f
sdf
dsfdfd
sf
sd
fd