OMG B7 is lashing guyyyyyyssssss !!!

Started by AfroJisiac, July 30, 2020, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ma Lo

Rather Be got me shivering right now 

Monika

August 07, 2020, 05:44:52 PM #2626 Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 05:45:16 PM by Monika
Quote from: jtwoeleven on August 07, 2020, 05:42:20 PM
"Oceans" is lashing me rn...something about how she sings between that snare and bass is so familiar...it's just signature Brandy. 🔥
she is riding that beat, hunny! Love this song!
Yahudah

Hiroshimoto

Yeah rather be needs to be pushed its the next biggest record

ReVon

"WHEEEH Wii GOWIN...WE DIVE IN ...THE OOOHSHIN"

:flamebroiled:

'ology

Blessed Be The Mufuckin Fruit!!!

b7

Love the Aretha talk cuz the influence is definitely there

Monika

Quote from: Saving All my RIGs on August 07, 2020, 08:00:08 PM

she did sound like Aretha when she said that. I love her phrasing on this album!
Yahudah

Le Champ

This album is still knocking me around. I want queen to grab so many awards for this damn GEM. The more I listen to it...the more I think they should submit it for Best R&B album instead of Progressive R&B at the Grammys. I think that's an automatic win for the WEAKnd's trash mess. She probably has a better shot in the other category.

Ma Lo

B7 made B Slade have a fckin nervous breakdown :kii:

Bish

Quote from: Lee on August 07, 2020, 10:45:47 PM
This album is still knocking me around. I want queen to grab so many awards for this damn GEM. The more I listen to it...the more I think they should submit it for Best R&B album instead of Progressive R&B at the Grammys. I think that's an automatic win for the WEAKnd's trash mess. She probably has a better shot in the other category.
It is soooo damn goooood. I thought it was okay the first couple listens. I drove to the beach to it a week ago today and it while some songs I loved it still hadn't fully settled into my spirit. I was listening with a critical and cautious ear then;  now I'm just letting it use me. I'm listening to it now on the way back and it's crazy how much deeper it resonates. I literally pump my fist in the air when certain songs come on because I know what's in store.

I still don't want to rank it in in her discography yet, but it's easily top 3 for me now and it could go higher. This is the realest and most experimental she's ever been. I feel like Brandy is truly at the forefront of this album when in the past it was more the producers vision.

I am the fuck fed!!!!
:scrumptious:

Sovereign.

Quote from: Bish on August 08, 2020, 09:11:46 AM
It is soooo damn goooood. I thought it was okay the first couple listens. I drove to the beach to it a week ago today and it while some songs I loved it still hadn't fully settled into my spirit. I was listening with a critical and cautious ear then;  now I'm just letting it use me. I'm listening to it now on the way back and it's crazy how much deeper it resonates. I literally pump my fist in the air when certain songs come on because I know what's in store.

I still don't want to rank it in in her discography yet, but it's easily top 3 for me now and it could go higher. This is the realest and most experimental she's ever been. I feel like Brandy is truly at the forefront of this album when in the past it was more the producers vision.

I am the fuck fed!!!!

It doesn't work in traditional R&B category. Sorry. The nomination is the win.

Le Champ

Quote from: Sovereign. on August 08, 2020, 11:09:34 AM
Quote from: Bish on August 08, 2020, 09:11:46 AM

I am the fuck fed!!!!

It doesn't work in traditional R&B category. Sorry. The nomination is the win.

D'Angelo's Black Messiah was in the traditional category AND won, and that album was everything BUT traditional lol. B7 reminds me of it in a lot of ways, too.

Cowgirl

Boppity boop. Unh, yea. Sy'rai's my jewel

FAMÈ

This ALBUM is everything

BORDERLINE alone>>>>

Amazing

Quote from: Monika on August 07, 2020, 08:10:44 PM
Quote from: Saving All my RIGs on August 07, 2020, 08:00:08 PM

she did sound like Aretha when she said that. I love her phrasing on this album!

She is giving me Michael Jackson on No Tomorrow with the opening vocals.