India. Arie testifies about sexism, healing and “B7.”

Started by Sovereign., August 09, 2020, 03:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moon

Quote from: TinaSnow on August 09, 2020, 03:40:44 PM
I appreciate what Ghan did with HH but it wasn't the fckn time nor place.

Should've been kept for the deluxe mess

Or a Japanese bonus track tea

Desilu

I LOVED her honesty and loved even more that Brandy reposted it.

This is def an album to sit with and appreciate the story told and Brandy's authenticity.

Hopefully Brandy will consider taking High Heels off the deluxe and giving us "Follow Your Heart"  :dead:

Moon

Moon

Cowgirl

Quote from: Moon on August 09, 2020, 03:49:09 PM
well while she's at it can she perm delete BM

:thatssowendy:
The album would kinda be perfect without those 2

DrewBabyLove

Quote from: TinaSnow on August 09, 2020, 03:50:41 PM
Quote from: Moon on August 09, 2020, 03:49:09 PM
well while she's at it can she perm delete BM

The album would kinda be perfect without those 2

I don't skip either of those but... yeah it kinda would be perf!

b7

See, High Heels slays to me sndndn and i love that weird ass Knock

It's not my FAVORITE but i love where it's placed on the album and the singing verses/Sy'Rais backgrounds and adlibs.  Oof!

DrewBabyLove

Quote from: Saving All my RIGs on August 09, 2020, 04:31:13 PM
See, High Heels slays to me sndndn and i love that weird ass Knock

It's not my FAVORITE but i love where it's placed on the album and the singing verses/Sy'Rais backgrounds and adlibs.  Oof!

It's one of the "weaker" songs but that's not saying much at all! It's still my shit. But I can imagine the album without it and baby mama.

b7

But anyway, i really loved this honest take and the fact that Brandy shared it.  

i have a feeling she shared this clip because of EVERYTHING India talked about, even outside of B7.  Artistic freedom and not wanting to be a part of the fake industry shit any longer. 

They're no longer conforming or doing bullshit for social media that the girls think they should be doing. Forget about it and enjoy ur faves that are in their 20's and give af about fitting in to certain spaces. They deserve to do that and get all of the success they can get, but Brandy and India have experienced that a million times over.  

Cowgirl

It's not an awful song whatsoever but it just messes up the flow and doesn't fit the body overall. They sound beautiful on it and I actually like the singing and music on it.

Cowgirl

Quote from: Saving All my RIGs on August 09, 2020, 04:33:41 PM
Artistic freedom and not wanting to be a part of the fake industry shit any longer.

They're no longer conforming or doing bullshit for social media that the girls think they should be doing.
I love this most about where Ghan is rn

Ma Lo

August 09, 2020, 04:42:24 PM #27 Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 04:42:39 PM by Ntwadumela
I love how she admitted that the album didn't reach her at first until she really "listened".....

Ma Lo

Quote from: rep the hood. on August 09, 2020, 04:45:02 PM
i gave the alber a chance cuz although i didnt GET it at first
i could tell GHan was laying something down that was very genuine and unique

i'd much prefer an album i have to take time to GET
than an album that i understand 100% first listen but just don't use cuz it sounds contrived or late.

rosone1

Just the production,especially the instruments, alone makes High Heels a keeper.Not to mention the vocals.

I wonder which album India didn't like.Probably Human :dead: