India. Arie testifies about sexism, healing and “B7.”

Started by Sovereign., August 09, 2020, 03:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wizzy

I bet the album she's referring to is Human

that's always the album the soulful girls take to least from what I've seen

Sovereign.

Camper said on Twitter "bippity boppity boop" is Bran's nickname for Sy'Rai. :plzstop: She calls her Boop. 

Cowgirl

Quote from: Sovereign. on August 09, 2020, 08:42:57 PM
Camper said on Twitter "bippity boppity boop" is Bran's nickname for Sy'Rai. :plzstop: She calls her Boop.
That makes sense and that's really cute but the average person would just think it sounds foolish because it seems so out of place.

Harlem

I love India's feedback on the album, def spot on... and yeah High Heels could've def been left off this album and gave us another gem

Andthecategoryis...

Quote from: Kaeli. on August 09, 2020, 05:30:28 PM
Why do u guys think India hates human

that's just the kinda cheesy mess that's right up her alley
lmao I do feel like she would like Human. Its either Afrodisiac or Two Eleven but I'm guessing 2/11
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track

Andthecategoryis...

India with the honesty about HH whewwww my girl is FREE and I knew she wouldn't like this album at first.
:plzstop:

I just  :ohwow: with all the listening sessions...nobody told her to leave High Heels and Baby Mama off the record. Not that they are bad songs and they do fit in the sequence but I just feel like there were much stronger songs that could have gone on and kept the moody and wet fill of the album. Give us an ole nasty Melancholy and Follow Your Heart. Its just when you hear HH in comparison to Brandy's catalogue it just doesn't hold up.

*Sinking in Sandt*
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track

VirgoMind

Moon

SouravMay

Two eleven ist not even an album, just a bunch of songs. Beautiful gowns though
B7

Monika

Quote from: wizzy on August 09, 2020, 08:30:35 PM
I bet the album she's referring to is Human

that's always the album the soulful girls take to least from what I've seen
I love the Human album. I love inspirational music also. India makes that kind of music to me. Love her! Human is popish, but it worked for me because I love Pop, too. Put Brandy, POP, an inspirational together and BOMB! Haha, love it! I adore brandy as a music artist PERIOD. Yeah, Human is POP, but she put her stamp on it!

Brandy is a true gem in the industry. I am ready for all she has to give.

Brandy, if you are reading this, do you girl! I love it all!
Yahudah

Monika

Quote from: Sovereign. on August 09, 2020, 08:42:57 PM
Camper said on Twitter "bippity boppity boop" is Bran's nickname for Sy'Rai. :plzstop: She calls her Boop.
she does call her that. I've heard it in videos with her and Sy'rai.
Yahudah

Monika

Quote from: Andthecategoryis... on August 10, 2020, 01:51:30 AM
Quote from: Kaeli. on August 09, 2020, 05:30:28 PM
Why do u guys think India hates human

that's just the kinda cheesy mess that's right up her alley
lmao I do feel like she would like Human. Its either Afrodisiac or Two Eleven but I'm guessing 2/11
yeah, I can't she why people don't like Afrodisiac. Ugh, that album is amazing!
Yahudah

Ma Lo

High Heels is becoming one of the most infamous, discussed songs on the album. 

lovechild

I screamed when I watched this because I feel the exact same way as India . I had so many expectations for this album and I couldn't truthfully enjoy it at first . After I let go of what I feel like Brandy should sound like I started falling in love with it.

High heels and baby mama just don't fit at all to me though . I wouldn't say I don't like It they just don't fit the vibe to me. Kinda like TURN IT UP on Afro .I've heard some fans say it's the best song on B7 lmao!!!