Didn’t know that Kelis was such a flop in the States

Started by 𝖘𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖉, March 31, 2021, 03:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖘𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖉

Well I was always kinda aware that she was more popular in the rest of the world.
But damn. Her only solo Billboard entries are Milkshake of course, Caught Out There and Bossy. :omgwatshappening:
None of the follow up singles of Kaleidoscope charted. :guys:

Trick Me was literally everywhere in 2004. Pop radio played that song owt. Do the American gorls even know that song? :diddraispoot:

And don't get me started on Virgin REFUSING to release Wanderland cause those execs didn't ,,get" the album, which is actually one of her best messes. :flamebroiled:

I lowkey think queen was sabotaged cause ain't no way the rest of the world uses ha except the States.

𝖘𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖉

And Young, I'm gonna SLAP you if you come in here and start praising Rotten Food

b7

It's so bizarre considering how many trends she started. Not them shelving her album  :uhh: i didn't know that was the reason it never had an official release here

RAY7

if you were on here back in the day you would've known
her stan on here Bambus used to get her roasted

Young

Queen is iconic

That's on Period

It's crazy that she is really big overseas and even compared to her counterparts.

She has a huge Spotify following.
And she stays booked with other ventures as well.
Queen >>>

Food is just :stressed:

One of my favorite albums EVER

Dr Naomi Campbell

!!!
Kelis was always bigger here than in the states

Buy The Stars✨

I love kelis. it sucks she has been reduced to doing cooking shows and such.   she is known more for being Nas baby mama here than anything i think.  the fleshtone album is THE ALBUM.  of course most black ppl werent gonna like it but she kinda came with that sound before gaga and some others and everyone PAID IT.  SN i really need that album on vinyl 

Also Kelis was here is amazing as well 

only album that isnt good is 

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: RAY7 on March 31, 2021, 03:49:13 PM
if you were on here back in the day you would've known
her stan on here Bambus used to get her roasted

i remember that person .. i thought he was still here under a different name.  its hard to keep track cause everyone changes names so much

Dr Naomi Campbell

Quote from: Troye on March 31, 2021, 04:02:13 PM
I love kelis. it sucks she has been reduced to doing cooking shows and such.   she is known more for being Nas baby mama here than anything i think.  the fleshtone album is THE ALBUM.  of course most black ppl werent gonna like it but she kinda came with that sound before gaga and some others and everyone PAID IT.  SN i really need that album on vinyl

She actually enjoys the cooking arena, she's been quite successful

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Jayda X on March 31, 2021, 04:17:41 PM
Quote from: Troye on March 31, 2021, 04:02:13 PM

She actually enjoys the cooking arena, she's been quite successful

im sure she does i guess i mean to say she shouldnt have to rely on that for income when she is a great artist.  i know she has some like sauces or something.  have you tried any of her mess?

ophababes.

bbvvvv vcccvcxxcc

not "reduced"

that girp is a fucking cordon bleu chef, with a passion for cooking thats making enough MONEY for her Cook ng mess to be able to do music as a HOBBY

ready for quee to SQUASH this mess w/ pharrell and get back in the damn stud' tho

:stressed:

Dr Naomi Campbell

Quote from: oph markle on March 31, 2021, 04:21:26 PM
bbvvvv vcccvcxxcc

not "reduced"

that girp is a fucking cordon bleu chef, with a passion for cooking thats making enough MONEY for her Cook ng mess to be able to do music as a HOBBY

ready for quee to SQUASH this mess w/ pharrell and get back in the damn stud' tho

:stressed:
!!!!!!!!!
She's actually a LOT more happier than she seems

𝖘𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖉

I did her jerk sauce several times and it's heaven  :gorlonfire: