So there's this good straight friend of mine... (Real Life Story)

Started by Purple Moon, January 21, 2017, 07:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple Moon

January 21, 2017, 07:58:12 PM Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 08:03:03 PM by BrandySavedMyLife
He's always made it known that he can acknowledge when a guy is handsome, he even calls me pretty from time to time...He doesn't mind when I tell him guy stories, so I just thought he's super open. I mean I did once ask him if he is only into girls and he said yes, which also made sense cause he has a new girl every other week and acts like a frat bro most of the time...

But now one of my gay male friends was browsing tinder and guess who appeared there as a suggestion?  :howfestive: Mr. Straight friend!

So now I'm not sure if I should address this or not. I mean it's no big deal really (obviously), but since we are kinda good friends and I always share so much, I feel like he's been dishonest. On the other hand he is probably really unsure about his sexuality and therefore not open about it. Which to me still doesn't make sense because he's one of the few people I know who really don't give a fuck about what other people think of them.

Should I confront him?

Sidenote: I once had a minor crush on him...but that ship has sailed a while ago.

Opinions?
:gorlonfire:
Must be a purple moon, feel like one of those nights...

BORderline

Are you sure it's him?
Anybody can use his pics especially if he's a nice looking guy.

Eternal Bell

yea make sure irv'

cuz ppl be usin' my pics n mess for all sorta social media things
be sure firs b'fore u do anything

Purple Moon

Quote from: MrMoon on January 21, 2017, 08:02:04 PM
Are you sure it's him?
Anybody can use his pics especially if he's a nice looking guy.

I guess it's him. He usually lies about where he works on his Tinder profile, and that same info is what I saw in the screenshot that my friend showed me.

Funny thing is that whenever we played around on Tinder together, there would be the occasional picture of a guy popping up and I would confront him, but he said those were probably guys who registered as "female", which I initially believed, because I do get females in my Tinder myself sometimes (and lord knows im not looking for no fish).

Purple Moon

Quote from: Bad Gorl Tinker on January 21, 2017, 08:06:53 PM
yea make sure irv'

cuz ppl be usin' my pics n mess for all sorta social media things
be sure firs b'fore u do anything

i bet they do! popular self.  :letsmessfag:

SouravMay

B7

Vonc2002

If thats even him, he's not obligated to share that with u. Address it for what? he clearly doesnt wanna discuss that and that's his choice. as his friend, your duty is to be there if he needs to discuss it with u and understand that he may NEVER wanna discuss it with u. It's hilarious that you somehow found a way to turn this around and become the victim :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Purple Moon

Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 21, 2017, 08:21:09 PM
If thats even him, his not obligated to share that with u. Address it for what? he clearly doesnt wanna discuss that and that's his choice. as his friend, your duty is to be there if he needs to discuss it with u and understand that he may NEVER wanna discuss it with u. It's hilarious that you somehow found a way to turn this around and become the victim :dead:

Maybe you'll understand more if I say that we have a somewhat weird friendship. sometimes he treats me like a gay best friend and tries to rub it in peoples faces that i like guys, when i myself am not completely comfortable doing that with random people that I dont know that well. I've put him in check for that already and informed him that I'm more than my sexual orientation.

So now finding out that he likes himself some dick, does seem a little odd.

SouravMay

B7

Purple Moon

Quote from: شيطان on January 21, 2017, 08:17:35 PM
He's straight maybe he uses tinder to get to know people

Interesting. I would consider that option if he didn't brush off the few guys that appeared on his Tinder screen in the past, as some technical error.  :ohwow:

Purple Moon

BigDawg

That is the most embarrassing thing when you see someone you know or share mutual friends with or family and they end up on your Tinder

Purple Moon

Quote from: formate on January 21, 2017, 08:34:14 PM
depends on how close you guys are.

if he's a really close friend and this is bothering you, to the point where its affecting your perception of him...its worth it to have a conversation with him. just be careful with how you approach it. if my bestie had tea on me and didn't tell me I'd kinda be upset if she kept it from me, knowing she was SMIRKINg up in my face the whole time and snickering under her breath.

so again, it depends.

if its not bothering you, or if he's not that close of a friend, its a different story.
not really any of ur business, his answer should suffice, keep it moving.

I love the guy...he considers me one of his best friends (those are his words). So I guess that's why I'm just confused. But maybe it really is none of my business in the end. :raycharles2urmess:

Vonc2002

Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on January 21, 2017, 08:28:07 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 21, 2017, 08:21:09 PM
If thats even him, his not obligated to share that with u. Address it for what? he clearly doesnt wanna discuss that and that's his choice. as his friend, your duty is to be there if he needs to discuss it with u and understand that he may NEVER wanna discuss it with u. It's hilarious that you somehow found a way to turn this around and become the victim :dead:

Maybe you'll understand more if I say that we have a somewhat weird friendship. sometimes he treats me like a gay best friend and tries to rub it in peoples faces that i like guys, when i myself am not completely comfortable doing that with random people that I dont know that well. I've put him in check for that already and informed him that I'm more than my sexual orientation.

So now finding out that he likes himself some dick, does seem a little odd.
I still dont think he's obligated to tell u anything. We have to check friends all the time to let them know what we will and wont accept, so that situation shouldve ended with the chceking. This makes it sound like a spiteful thing a lil to me now. I think if he chooses to confide in u then thats great but I wouldnt impose myself on my friend like WHY DIDNT U TELL ME
ur making it about u and it's not about u. I recently had a situation similar to this happen. I introduced 2 friends of mine. The father of my friend died and he didnt disclose it to me but he did to my other friend. went over drank and smoked  and had a whole commiseration day. My friend that he told asked me did I feel some kinda way. No, why would I? People have different relationships with different people. If he chooses to tell me then Im here to receive it. If not, then I accept that as well. I didnt take that moment and make it about me, and I feel like thats what ur doing here...........but this is just my opinion
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Purple Moon

I remember once I was hanging out with him and the girl that he was seeing at the time and he randomly said that if I was a girl, I would be the perfect girlfriend for him.

We all gave him a slight :uhh: for that.