Travis facing pressure to pay for fans’ funerals

Started by kendrick lamar, November 07, 2021, 09:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kendrick lamar

November 07, 2021, 11:41:39 AM #60 Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 11:42:29 AM by Israel
Quote from: RAY7 on November 07, 2021, 11:39:09 AM
Quote from: Àlákọrí ni bọ̀bọ́ yẹn sẹ́ on November 07, 2021, 11:37:42 AM
People can barely afford to eat Ray let alone pay for a funeral.
this man could afford tickets to a concert but he couldn't afford to eat? Which one is it?
there are children walking in the projects with with new jordans and iphones because they saved money from their  lil jobs at mickey dees to get them. not because their parents are financially stable

boy did u grow up in beverly hills or something?

sfsfsffs

these kids aren't walking around thinking about saving for their death and leaving money behind for their funeral expenses. they're kids.

be reasonable

RAY7

Quote from: Israel on November 07, 2021, 11:38:31 AM
Quote from: RAY7 on November 07, 2021, 11:36:38 AM
and where are y'all from where funerals are like so expensive that ppl can barely afford them? I've unfortunately been to 3 this year of different family members that passed and they were not rich.
a lot of families can't afford a 5-10K expense that appears out of nowhere. regardless of whether that's a funeral, need of a new boiler, etc.

this isn't news bvy. which is why many resort to cremation of their loved ones, not because of beliefs but because of lack of funds to really do something more.

what rock have u been under?

sfsffs
I know there's a lot of ppl in the world that are living in poverty
However that's not EVERYONE in the world. There's definitely a large number of ppl living middle class lives out here and are able to afford funerals. I've been to many of them unfortunately

Ma Lo

this man could afford tickets to a concert but he couldn't afford to eat? Which one is it?

Not every poor person budgets money right they'll think of other, material  things or entertainment before necessities and how do you know how they all even got the money to go? It could've been a gift to all 8 or even more at that concert for all we know.

kendrick lamar

Quote from: RAY7 on November 07, 2021, 11:42:30 AM
and where are y'all from where funerals are like so expensive that ppl can barely afford them? I've unfortunately been to 3 this year of different family members that passed and they were not rich.
a lot of families can't afford a 5-10K expense that appears out of nowhere. regardless of whether that's a funeral, need of a new boiler, etc.

this isn't news bvy. which is why many resort to cremation of their loved ones, not because of beliefs but because of lack of funds to really do something more.

sfsffs
However that's not EVERYONE in the world. There's definitely a large number of ppl living middle class lives out here and are able to afford funerals. I've been to many of them unfortunately
well yeah we know that but chances are if someone's asking for money to bury their child, especially just asking for a relatively measly 5K , they may not fall within this middle class

and statistically, african american families are far less likely to fall into middle class than other groups of people

so if you see a black woman asking for a lil coin to bury her son, chances are she may actually need it luv
unless you have bank statements with her name on them proving otherwise.

does that make sense king? is that fair?

RAY7

Quote from: Israel on November 07, 2021, 11:41:39 AM
there are children walking in the projects with with new jordans and iphones because they saved money from their  lil jobs at mickey dees to get them. not because their parents are financially stable

sfsfsffs

these kids aren't walking around thinking about saving for their death and leaving money behind for their funeral expenses. they're kids.

be reasonable
it's because I didn't grow up in Beverly Hills that I know this and I know when ppl are taking advantage anything they can use for a "come up"/ "glow up" etc including using ppls sympathy for the deaths of their loved ones
Also there's been a few ppl I knew who had to do cremation and they did what they had to do and didn't go begging the world for huge amounts of money

STUNNA GOD

Honestly, the let out process of these festivals are HORRID. At Rolling Loud 2019, the crowd literally tore DOWN the fence. It was literally a stampede mess.

security just gave:

And I don't blame them.

Ma Lo

Quote from: Trey on November 07, 2021, 11:50:20 AM
Honestly, the let out process of these festivals are HORRID. At Rolling Loud 2019, the crowd literally tore DOWN the fence. It was literally a stampede mess.

security just gave:

And I don't blame them.

Ghhhhfdgjjjjkgf

I'm staying home

kendrick lamar

November 07, 2021, 11:52:34 AM #67 Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 11:53:22 AM by Israel
Quote from: RAY7 on November 07, 2021, 11:50:12 AM
Quote from: Israel on November 07, 2021, 11:41:39 AM

sfsfsffs

be reasonable
it's because I didn't grow up in Beverly Hills that I know this and I know when ppl are taking advantage anything they can use for a "come up"/ "glow up" etc including using ppls sympathy for the deaths of their loved ones
Also there's been a few ppl I knew who had to do cremation and they did what they had to do and didn't go begging the world for huge amounts of money
5k is a huge amount of money?

in the world of funerals, thats literally enough to get a casket and have a lil ceremony.

again, consider what she asked for luv.

this point ur making and the language ur using would be totally relevant if the asking/goal was 250K.

STUNNA GOD

Like, I'm literally not shocked by this. But it pisses me off that it happened at Travis's festival. Knowing it's just the white people causing the issues. No shade. They come and RUIN these festivals.

CHOKE

Ma Lo

Vonc2002

Quote from: Naomi's cheekbones on November 07, 2021, 11:30:44 AM
Quote from: plastic on November 07, 2021, 11:28:02 AM
Quote from: ophliyah on November 07, 2021, 11:26:35 AM
i think he shoulda def throw sumn in for sure it would be the noble thing to do

but how the hell are yall blaming TRAVIS for these wild apes stomping the girls owt in the crowd? if anything blame them and the venue for poor security/crowd control, but trynna blame travis is weird af
he's been encouraging the "wild ones"' to bum rush the place for MONTHS leading up to the show, so he's partially to blame, yes
and he's been charged twice before for exactly doing this
Wait AND hes the one that actually incited the mess? Oh yea, the funeral is the LEAST he should be doing :omf:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

RAY7

Quote from: Israel on November 07, 2021, 11:45:32 AM
Quote from: RAY7 on November 07, 2021, 11:42:30 AM

sfsffs
well yeah we know that but chances are if someone's asking for money to bury their child, especially just asking for a relatively measly 5K , they may not fall within this middle class

and statistically, african american families are far less likely to fall into middle class than other groups of people

so if you see a black woman asking for a lil coin to bury her son, chances are she may actually need it luv
unless you have bank statements with her name on them proving otherwise.

does that make sense king? is that fair?
just not buying it in this case I'm sorry
Guess I'll just be proven wrong one day or not
:cheerup:

Ma Lo

Quote from: Vonc2002 on November 07, 2021, 11:56:44 AM
Quote from: Naomi's cheekbones on November 07, 2021, 11:30:44 AM
Quote from: plastic on November 07, 2021, 11:28:02 AM
Quote from: ophliyah on November 07, 2021, 11:26:35 AM
i think he shoulda def throw sumn in for sure it would be the noble thing to do

but how the hell are yall blaming TRAVIS for these wild apes stomping the girls owt in the crowd? if anything blame them and the venue for poor security/crowd control, but trynna blame travis is weird af
he's been encouraging the "wild ones"' to bum rush the place for MONTHS leading up to the show, so he's partially to blame, yes
and he's been charged twice before for exactly doing this
Wait AND hes the one that actually incited the mess? Oh yea, the funeral is the LEAST he should be doing :omf:

Bbbhjkkkddghjkkkks
He better lawyer up..quick

kendrick lamar

bitch i been looking for this GIF
s
fnsfnpsfnsfnsf
sf
sfnfnssfnfs