Zeus Network CEO and Funky Dineva get into a little bit during interview

Started by Cowboy Nine, April 06, 2022, 10:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiiVE

Zeus's content is a bit out there for me, but there's a market for it clearly. When oprah launched own a lot of the content they were producing wasn't all high brow and critically acclaimed.
Its also pretty late to think that just because someone enjoys "trash" tv that they're less than intelligent.. people are not that one dimensional..

dangerous

!!!

funky clearly feels only a certain "type" of person in the community enjoys this type of programming 

It's very condescending and part of a larger pattern with him judging black people based on how they choose to have fun

like him chastising women who were twerking in the street during Miami spring break . Like ... it's spring break . I'm not even a huge party person like that and I know that spring break is usually the opposite of tame - whether it's black people twerking or white chicks tryna get their jerry beads on the beach 

This is a man who has experienced so many things outside of what I'd consider the norm and yet he talks as if hes this sheltered upper class white woman who is appalled at anything that isn't prim and proper 

the whole mess is a kii.

dangerous

That whole "growth"'thing is problematic as well

just because you've decided that you no longer enjoy a particular brand of entertainment or party doesn't mean everyone else who does is beneath you

there are people who are smart enough to watch a show starring a crackhead who loves to fight and get evicted by their friends without becoming one themselves . If u can't, that's unfortunate

but there are people who are able to put things in their proper compartments and still thrive . What they enjoy on tv has nothing to do with where they stand as a human being .

That whole "wanna see u grow" mess is many times just another form of nicely dressed condescension and judgement .

Drogon

Quote from: Brazilian ATLien on April 07, 2022, 08:29:42 AM
Quote from: Drogon on April 07, 2022, 08:22:38 AM
Quote from: Brazilian ATLien on April 07, 2022, 08:13:53 AM
This whole "representation" mess is BS and I hate when  ppl pull that card out. I literally roll my eyes and sigh each time I see it . 🙄

Unless ur sitting around watching nothing but documentaries all day....

We love MESS . We love DRAMA. We love seeing people being a ratchet FOOL. Networks like Bravo and VH1 had made a KILLING at the bank from us tuning in to watch just that.

Why do we suddenly have such a fucking issue with it when it's a black person like Lemmie unapologetically making his money off of it?

Jonathan left that set and said let me go get my gun after he already had beat dat a chair and some of them had knives. Yeah we like a lil ratchet but that is too much
so more specifically - u feel the VIOLENCE maybe goes too far . Which is understandable

But Violence on TV is nothing new either . We all remember porsha hopping on kenya during that reunion

And Andy making it clear that the Bravo network does not condone violence - AFTER they aired the fight to make sure they made their money off of it first .

I clocked that, did you? If you don't condone or support something , why are you not only airing it, but CENTERING the promo of the entire episode around it?

I mean if we gonna pull cards let pull the shits out today. Let's really get offended and concerned today . Let's ask questions

Thats all just dial it back a bit with violence.

By all mean's I think he should air what happens but dont make them think its okay to do that all the time with no repercussions.

Scott.

Kalifornia.

Quote from: Trey on April 07, 2022, 04:01:23 AM
Quote from: DopeSoul. on April 07, 2022, 03:46:11 AM
When he mentioned Claudia worked for Zeus

gggvvhgfcccccvbvbvvcvvbbbggg
GYCYVYVYVYVUVUVUVYVUVYVYVUVUVUVUVUVUVVUVUVUVUVUVUVBBUVUV

She kinda gave

:diddraispoot:

Gffggggghhghhhhjnb

Kalifornia.

Quote from: Drogon on April 07, 2022, 07:59:11 AM
Quote from: Brazilian ATLien on April 07, 2022, 12:22:40 AM
Funky is fuming that this Black gay (?) man is successful and doing his thang
something about it just doesnt sit right with him. and i aint movin on it

I don't think Funky is jealous of his success he himself is doing pretty well in his lane of work. Everybody isn't looking to have that level of responsibility

All the shows that have been promoted by zeus are all gutta trash. Bunch of sissies fighting spilling tainted blood every where is foolishness. I want them to be heard to but this ain't it. They picked a bunch of coked up fags to participate. This was the show that they definitely should've spent time and effort on the abcdefg community can't afford to have this show as a representation of how gays act

Dcvvvbbbhhbhh

What are you implying?

Aalonso.

Quote from: Brazilian ATLien on April 07, 2022, 03:27:41 PM

just because you've decided that you no longer enjoy a particular brand of entertainment or party doesn't mean everyone else who does is beneath you

Did he say that

dangerous

Quote from: L0NZ. on April 07, 2022, 05:48:45 PM

Did he say that
when one speaks in a condescending tone referencing a part of the community that happens to enjoy that content as if they're some sort of unique subgroup and all types of black people cant possibly enjoy that content  as a guilty pleasure ....

I think we are smart enough to know things can be said without actually .... saying them.

Let's not play the game of "did he actually say dat doe!?"

dangerous

And he has a PATTERN of blatant condescension when it comes to black people, their behavior , their interests ....

He's nowhere near "ghetto" and he wants u to KNOW that. He's NOTHING like those people he's wagging his finger at.

THOSE people are trashy. Ugh so ghetto. Ratchet. Embarrassing. No class.

let's Cut the crap and have a real convo . It's condescension and I'd even venture to say it's delusions of grandeur given who tf he is.

Drogon

Quote from: Kalifornia. on April 07, 2022, 05:32:05 PM

I don't think Funky is jealous of his success he himself is doing pretty well in his lane of work. Everybody isn't looking to have that level of responsibility

All the shows that have been promoted by zeus are all gutta trash. Bunch of sissies fighting spilling tainted blood every where is foolishness. I want them to be heard to but this ain't it. They picked a bunch of coked up fags to participate. This was the show that they definitely should've spent time and effort on the abcdefg community can't afford to have this show as a representation of how gays act

Dcvvvbbbhhbhh

What are you implying?

Well Milan kinda spilled that Gutta K got AIDS and was scared dem ppl was going to be asking bout all dem pill bottles

Demetri Lipa 🤴🏾

Quote from: Drogon on April 07, 2022, 06:23:12 PM
Quote from: Kalifornia. on April 07, 2022, 05:32:05 PM

Dcvvvbbbhhbhh

What are you implying?

Well Milan kinda spilled that Gutta K got AIDS and was scared dem ppl was going to be asking bout all dem pill bottles
This is true. I just found this out last week. I dont follow gutta, i would hope something like that comes up in the house but i doubt it.
French Exit ♻️

It's not a broken heart if I don't break it
"Goodbye" doesn't hurt if I don't say it
And I really hope you'll understand it
Only way to go is a French exit

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

Aalonso.

Quote from: Brazilian ATLien on April 07, 2022, 05:53:15 PM
Quote from: L0NZ. on April 07, 2022, 05:48:45 PM

Did he say that
when one speaks in a condescending tone referencing a part of the community that happens to enjoy that content as if they're some sort of unique subgroup and all types of black people cant possibly enjoy that content  as a guilty pleasure ....

I think we are smart enough to know things can be said without actually .... saying them.

Let's not play the game of "did he actually say dat doe!?"

Welp.