Michael Jai White Shades Angela Bassett, Terrence Howard, etc

Started by Vonc2002, April 14, 2016, 10:42:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zankou.

Quote from: BENTLEY! on April 14, 2016, 04:46:12 PM
I heard Jungle BOOK is about to SLAY

Yeah it is and it won't have shit to do with Alex Wek Lupita

Vonc2002

And as i said, maybe she chose those roles for a reason.  She is still in large production ass movies and this is UNDOUBTEDLY because she won that award. The roles are "so small" yet they feel the need to put her name in the promo.  The bitch is working and winning,  plea
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

AIDS!

Quote from: Vonc2002 on April 14, 2016, 05:18:51 PM
And as i said, maybe she chose those roles for a reason.  She is still in large production ass movies and this is UNDOUBTEDLY because she won that award. The roles are "so small" yet they feel the need to put her name in the promo.  The bitch is working and winning,  plea
Well of course they would put her name in the promo, she's an award winning actress
Doesn't mean her role is significant lol

AIDS!

But I BET if they didn't you wouldn't even know her ass had something to do with the movie
Why she 'chooses' these obsure roles, I'll never know

Vonc2002

Quote from: GOLD on April 14, 2016, 05:21:11 PM
Well of course they would put her name in the promo, she's an award winning actress
Thats the point,  it doesnt mean the role is significant. It means SHE is :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Zankou.

but the whole thread is about why oscar award nominees/winners don't get roles that live up to the works that got them awarded/nominated. and lupita isn't getting anything noteworthy ..

AIDS!

Quote from: Vonc2002 on April 14, 2016, 05:24:23 PM
Thats the point,  it doesnt mean the role is significant. It means SHE is :dead:
Not really
They coulda had anyone voice the bitch wolf, as the role isn't significant

AIDS!

Does the mother wolf even talk in the original movie or books? :uhh:

KING BENTLEY.

am mean.... maybe she doesn't even choose

a bitch gotta get a CHECK out here lol

and residuals coming in, she was most likely down like ... "hey I'll be the Wolf the snake the crab, whoever! no prob bob! now is that direct deposit on Monday?"
:justabit:

H.#.G.*.Z

AIDS!

Quote from: Saturn. on April 14, 2016, 05:25:45 PM
but the whole thread is about why oscar award nominees/winners don't get roles that live up to the works that got them awarded/nominated. and lupita isn't getting anything noteworthy ..
!!!!!
It isn't that hard to understand tbh
From winning an Oscar and having all that fanfare, you'd think she was about to storm
Now she's voicing a irrelavent jungle book character
:hmph:

Vonc2002

And y'all are really missing the point,  go look lupita up pre 12 yrs a slave? She doesnt have some long resume of films and shows she's been in. Because she won an Academy award, she's supposed to already be Meryl streep and getting top billing on movies?  She still needs to put in WORK she went from literally being in nothing to being on stage and a part of these iconic ass films, and the face of shit. What u guys are talking about just doesn't sound realistic tbh

Vonc2002

Quote from: GOLD on April 14, 2016, 05:25:56 PM
Not really
Are u helping me prove point or what?  Yes,  it couldve been anyone yet they PAID to get this bitch and throw her name in the credits to boost the star power of the film even more. Like EXACTLY :dead:

AIDS!

No she's supposed to getting roles worthy of an academy award  winner
It's like having a Maths PHD and working at the till in Burger King

AIDS!

Quote from: Vonc2002 on April 14, 2016, 05:30:29 PM
Quote from: GOLD on April 14, 2016, 05:25:56 PM
Not really
Are u helping me prove point or what?  Yes,  it couldve been anyone yet they PAID to get this bitch and throw her name in the credits to boost the star power of the film even more. Like EXACTLY :dead:
girl
I doubt people are going to see the film because of 'pit