Michael Jai White Shades Angela Bassett, Terrence Howard, etc

Started by Vonc2002, April 14, 2016, 10:42:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AIDS!

I forgot she was even in the damn film and by the end of the movie everyone else will too

Sovereign.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on April 14, 2016, 01:57:06 PM
Ok, meanwhile all these actors are still workin and at a rate he's never achieved :kii:

!!!!

The gors are PRESSED.   :kii:

Vonc2002

An academy award recognizes your work in ONE FILM.  It's no secret that Hollywood is all about who u know and networking.  She definitely has had doors open to her  because she was literally plucked from obscurity and there is no way she would have had these opportunities had it not been for this academy award.  She still needs to build relationships and prove herself viable. It sounds dumb that she would go from having little to no credits to lead actress in every movie she's in. I just don't think u guys sound realistic.  And he said winning the academy award signified the end of ur career  but it was LITERALLY the beginning of hers. Now, i don't know what's so hard to understand about that
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Quote from: GOLD on April 14, 2016, 05:32:20 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on April 14, 2016, 05:30:29 PM
Quote from: GOLD on April 14, 2016, 05:25:56 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on April 14, 2016, 05:24:23 PM
Quote from: GOLD on April 14, 2016, 05:21:11 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on April 14, 2016, 05:18:51 PM
And as i said, maybe she chose those roles for a reason.  She is still in large production ass movies and this is UNDOUBTEDLY because she won that award. The roles are "so small" yet they feel the need to put her name in the promo.  The bitch is working and winning,  plea
Well of course they would put her name in the promo, she's an award winning actress
Doesn't mean her role is significant lol
Thats the point,  it doesnt mean the role is significant. It means SHE is :dead:
Not really
They coulda had anyone voice the bitch wolf, as the role isn't significant
Are u helping me prove point or what?  Yes,  it couldve been anyone yet they PAID to get this bitch and throw her name in the credits to boost the star power of the film even more. Like EXACTLY :dead:
girl
I doubt people are going to see the film because of 'pit
but u just said the role had lil to no significance and ANYONE couldve done it. Why pay that girl's fee when u can pay significantly less to just ANYONE?  Hollywood aint in the business of giving money away.  They definitely added her to add to the star power of the film,  like  :dead:
When i saw her name i instantly became more interested in it and that's exactly what attaching someone's name to a project can do
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Zankou.

look. 'pita begged for that role, that's why she got it. ok?

BranLover

Quote from: Real on April 14, 2016, 02:00:20 PM
Quote from: Jay. on April 14, 2016, 01:59:01 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on April 14, 2016, 10:58:29 AM
Quote from: Cosmic Explorer on April 14, 2016, 10:55:56 AM
n

I wouldn't say Chiwetel and Lupita have flourishing careers
Are u serious,  chiwetel STAYS in a movie.  Lupita, has booked 2 fckn STAR WARS movies and is in The jungle Book which comes out tomorrow and looks fanFUCKNtastic. They are working. This nigga on own and doesn't have prospects, how dare :dead:
And Lupita is currently on Broadway which I've seen the show and it's amazing

ddddddddd

fdffffffffff

BAPHOMET.

Vonc2002

Wow lu' is working like none other and has no clue who a damn Michael Jai White is

yummy

Quote from: Vonc2002 on April 14, 2016, 05:28:25 PM
She still needs to put in WORK she went from literally being in nothing to being on stage and a part of these iconic ass films, and the face of shit. What u guys are talking about just doesn't sound realistic tbh

I think that's kinda the point that Michael was making; actors of colors have to work twice as hard as their white counterparts even with the aid of a coveted oscar nomination. The playing field has never been equal.

Vonc2002

Quote from: ANIMMAI on April 14, 2016, 05:52:01 PM
She still needs to put in WORK she went from literally being in nothing to being on stage and a part of these iconic ass films, and the face of shit. What u guys are talking about just doesn't sound realistic tbh

I think that's kinda the point that Michael was making; actors of colors have to work twice as hard as their white counterparts even with the aid of a coveted oscar nomination. The playing field has never been equal.
If that was his point,  he conveyed it really shitty. I don't disagree with hollywood being harder on black actors. Ive said in here time and time again if he had tweaked what he said maybe i couldve agreed with him.
But based on what he did say, the shit wasn't true and he also sounded bitter af. Bitter in a real passive aggressive way
don't give me no oscar,  PLEASE!

Jon

Most of those he named are older though so there isn't much roles. TV is the future anyways when it comes to quality.

yummy

Quote from: Vonc2002 on April 14, 2016, 05:56:55 PM

If that was his point,  he conveyed it really shitty. I don't disagree with hollywood being harder on black actors. Ive said in here time and time again if he had tweaked what he said maybe i couldve agreed with him.
But based on what he did say, the shit wasn't true and he also sounded bitter af. Bitter in a real passive aggressive way

Yeah, the shade was a bit much but I don't think he was trying to shit on their careers or anything.

Vonc2002

Quote from: ANIMMAI on April 14, 2016, 05:58:32 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on April 14, 2016, 05:56:55 PM

Yeah, the shade was a bit much but I don't think he was trying to shit on their careers or anything.
Well im fckn pissed about it anyhow  :hmph:

Opposites Attract.

It's unconditional, these days you know....