Not all Africans were slaves. Sorry to disappoint ya!

Started by Herb., April 15, 2016, 11:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: Herbie on April 15, 2016, 11:58:34 PM
And honestly you've been licking your wounds since I dusted you with logic in that Formation thread.
We were going back and forth until I hit you good
Left you speechless, and since then you've been throwing shots.

And no quotes or links were involved. Faggot. lol
sssssssssssssss

"Hit ya with a right! Then a left! Got ya good!"

is retardation a trait of you ppl? I mean Melungeons :dead:

go to fckn BED! :kii:

H.#.G.*.Z

Herb.

April 16, 2016, 12:10:09 AM #31 Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 12:11:04 AM by Herbie
I did get you good.

Cuz you haven't stopped gnawing at my feet since. Like a stray doberman.

And I'm putting you on ignore.
cuz that's what you kinda do when you truly want to unsubscribe.

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: Herbie on April 16, 2016, 12:10:09 AM
annnnnd there we have it folks! :kii:

the classic ending of an Afro lashing
:feelinmyself:

At least you're not the admin anymore so the site won't get mysteriously deleted while you go lick your wounds for a couple days.

Now go to fckn sleep and shut the hell up!

H.#.G.*.Z

asdfghjkl

King82

April 16, 2016, 12:13:24 AM #34 Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 12:13:50 AM by Keyonc?
Quote from: BENTLEY! on April 16, 2016, 12:12:41 AM
Quote from: Herbie on April 16, 2016, 12:10:09 AM

At least you're not the admin anymore so the site won't get mysteriously deleted while you go lick your wounds for a couple days.

Now go to fckn sleep and shut the hell up!

:omgwatshappening:

Young

Quote from: BENTLEY! on April 16, 2016, 12:05:38 AM
sssssssssssssss

Dor is a ki

Sddddddddddddd oh no sis

I won't choose sides with this!

Leave me out of the MESS

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: Young on April 16, 2016, 12:17:56 AM
sssssssssssssss

Dor is a ki

Sddddddddddddd oh no sis

Leave me out of the MESS
ssss

Oh no sis, nothing like that, I find all of this funny and quite pointless myself

I'm a carefree gorl, I rather we all twerk to Work tbh :dead:

H.#.G.*.Z

tigernathan

Quote from: Herbie on April 15, 2016, 11:45:34 PM
Quote from: MAKEDA on April 15, 2016, 11:35:25 PM
You don't try to spin it. You keep overlooking your dad's side and your maternal grandfather.
Never did I say every line of my family is Melungeon.  :uhh:

But the woman who raised me is.
it's a big part of who I am. 1/4th. I was raised by my mother's family (which did not include my biological grandfather btw --- my grandmother remarried before I was born and I barely had contact with him, if you're wondering),  and I have every right to celebrate who we are.

Me celebrating Melungeon is celebrating Blacks who were free and had their own identities. And I can print receipts to prove that. Anyone who takes issue with that needs to reevaluate themselves. Not me.

This logic :kii:

Afro, it's a new thing everyday. Just a couple of days ago you were rambling about being Coharie, now it's Melungeon. Which is it? Idk luv... I just feel like you're so far gone in this whole ancestry thing that it has become scary. I remember when you posted your results and it was 2% NA. Not seeing where you got the 25% from fjjjj

Young

Quote from: BENTLEY! on April 16, 2016, 12:20:42 AM
Quote from: Young on April 16, 2016, 12:17:56 AM
sssssssssssssss

Dor is a ki

Sddddddddddddd oh no sis

Leave me out of the MESS
ssss

Oh no sis, nothing like that, I find all of this funny and quite pointless myself

I'm a carefree gorl, I rather we all twerk to Work tbh :dead:

Me too  :supluv: :supluv:

#1 self lolz

tigernathan

and Afro, don't bother responding. I'm kind over the whole discussion. We will just have to agree to disagree. You have your point of view and I have mine.

Herb.

Quote from: MAKEDA on April 16, 2016, 12:30:43 AM
Quote from: Herbie on April 15, 2016, 11:45:34 PM
Quote from: MAKEDA on April 15, 2016, 11:35:25 PM
You don't try to spin it. You keep overlooking your dad's side and your maternal grandfather.
Never did I say every line of my family is Melungeon.  :uhh:

But the woman who raised me is.
it's a big part of who I am. 1/4th. I was raised by my mother's family (which did not include my biological grandfather btw --- my grandmother remarried before I was born and I barely had contact with him, if you're wondering),  and I have every right to celebrate who we are.

Me celebrating Melungeon is celebrating Blacks who were free and had their own identities. And I can print receipts to prove that. Anyone who takes issue with that needs to reevaluate themselves. Not me.

This logic :kii:

Afro, it's a new thing everyday. Just a couple of days ago you were rambling about being Coharie, now it's Melungeon. Which is it? Idk luv... I just feel like you're so far gone in this whole ancestry thing that it has become scary. I remember when you posted your results and it was 2% NA. Not seeing where you got the 25% from fjjjj
Look at this post:
http://brandy.4fans.net/index.php?topic=14879.msg418799#msg418799

I didn't really take another gander at my results from a test until I saw how accurate Theo's were.

My grandmother came back as Dominican. The Dumas family is originally from Saint Domingue (which is now the Dominican Republic/Haiti).

Don't forget hun, and don't get it twisted. this is something I had ALREADY had an idea bout months ago.
Check how I was ALREADY piecing together clues. This didn't come out of nowhere.
http://brandy.4fans.net/index.php?topic=8946.msg247372;topicseen#msg247372

Melungeons and Creoles are very similar. So I was 80% there. I just got the name wrong.

So I reached out to one of my maternal matches and he confirmed that I am of Dumas descent.
I matched his Dumas relatives.

It's the accuracy of THeo's results that made me question whether or not I WAS overlooking something significant. notice that the contact with my DNA match occurred this weekend, the same time Theo posted his surprisingly accurate results. It renewed my dwindling faith in DNA testing. I'm actually thankful to Theo.

Honestly the 2% Native has to be attached to the Melungeon heritage. They usually come back with a TRACE of Native. Since the Natives mixed with them, but it was still majority Africans Spanish and French, my DNA reflects that.

My great grandmother is Coharie. I know all of my Native relatives names and they lived on the Coharie settlement. But as I said BEFORE (again, nothing new), many of the Native tribes have refused to offer their DNA for testing. And strictly go by your family charts.

But anything that has to do with my grandmother, is 1/4th of who I am. Anything.

Herb.

April 16, 2016, 12:54:13 AM #41 Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 01:25:56 AM by Herbie
Again, to anyone who thinks this came out of nowhere, I guessed this months ago.

http://brandy.4fans.net/index.php?topic=8946.msg247372;topicseen#msg247372

Now it's confirmed. NOW I feel comfortable really claiming it. :justabit:

AIDS!

Jjjj who thought all Africans were slaves?
Maybe their ancestors were, not mine!

LOONA.

SouravMay

I can really understand Afro because as African Americans they are just so detached from their history, so I can understand that he would go looking for it and embrace it so strongly, however, I don't see why it is soooo very important for him to claim Lemba, Melungeon, Native etc ever so prominently, when those cultures didn't really impact him growing up. I feel like it is cute to know where your grand-grandparents hail from but at the end of the day that should not define you.

Keep doing your research, Herb and do what makes you happy, but whatever you find I don't think it changes who you are, it is just a cute fun fact IMO, to quench your curiosity. Not a new identity to take on.
B7