My white friend wants to borrow "ghetto" clothes for a Gangsta theme party

Started by SouravMay, May 10, 2016, 03:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouravMay

Quote from: herbie. on May 10, 2016, 04:00:22 PM
Quote from: Rajesha on May 10, 2016, 03:55:30 PM
Quote from: herbie. on May 10, 2016, 03:52:38 PM
it's not racist, just ignorant as fuck. and close minded. he's only basing his perception on what he sees on TV and in much of Black culture. educate him on the fact that not all Black people adorn themselves in "hip hop clothes".

He did not say black. But my thing is the hip hop clothes, the gangsta rap style etc. came from a reality of struggle, poverty and discrimination. And these privileged white Euro gurs just dress up like this for kiis and drinks without knowing or appreciating the context of the culture.
well what do u expect, they're white.

But this goes back to me telling you why I don't smile with glee when people say "oh wow American Blacks are so cool! :ohwow:" ... because 9 times out of 10 those words don't come out of genuine respect, it comes from how well we entertain them.

maybe those compliments would impress me if the real world were nothing but a big high school. but its not

Well African-American culture still is something very formidable and great to be proud of. Regardless of how whites may or may not perceive it.
B7

SouravMay

Yeah I'll toss him some 2006 hoodies, I guess.
B7

yummy

If he's this academia minded intellectual you say he is then he should know a wee bit more about hip hoo culture than baggy jeans and timbs.

But like I said before, a headnod to the early 2000s hip hop aesthetic is cute but if they plan on going full blown Stormfront with this mess...

you need to check your friend a bit  :udontlookok:

Vonc2002

Quote from: Rajesha on May 10, 2016, 03:51:50 PM
He is saying it is more of retro/back to 2004 mess owt.
:plzstop: :plzstop:
Oh, well maybe he just thinks ur a terrible dresser :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

DVDDY.

Quote from: pCj on May 10, 2016, 04:02:14 PM
Maybe they saw what you wore on German Idol and they're assuming you still have something like that?
:letsmessfag:
Not sure why this needed a thread really

KING BENTLEY.

H.#.G.*.Z

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Zankou.

Quote from: pCj on May 10, 2016, 04:02:14 PM
Maybe they saw what you wore on German Idol and they're assuming you still have something like that?

:omgwatshappening:

Zankou.

Glenda

Him asking you for 'gangster' clothes is extremely shady and I'm surprised you didn't clock it tbh. I would have gotten him together right on the spot and probably would have ditched him as a friend soon after.  :uhh:

But mess on Malc'

Glenda

And tbh him being half Iraqi makes it even shadier fffvvccxcxj

:uhh:

GRAND

Ask him for a fcking burqua and if he had something to do with 9/11