My white friend wants to borrow "ghetto" clothes for a Gangsta theme party

Started by SouravMay, May 10, 2016, 03:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brandy Barbie

Quote from: Rajesha on May 10, 2016, 03:47:27 PM
Well he didn't flat out say BLACK, but I just felt uneasy. 3 years ago I would not have minded, but now it just sounds strange as hell. Not them white students perching in NWA outfits for a weekend drunken night mess out.

White fraternities in the south have these types of parties all the time.  They dress up in black face and baggy clothes.  Then one of them gets a rope and puts it around his neck like someone's going to hang him.  And they all take pictures of it.

At least, that's what kind of party it sounds like your friend may be attending...

Vonc2002

Quote from: GRAND on May 10, 2016, 04:18:50 PM
Ask him for a fcking burqua and if he had something to do with 9/11
Swear to God i would do this :dead:
I wanna throw a terrorist party. I'll definitely need your help for ideas
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

SouravMay

He was not being shady. He is not fashionable himself, and actually liked that kind of music. We have a different dynamic. He is straight also and oblivious to what most consider "shade". He knows I meet all these rappers and R&B singers and he also knows every male wore that shit 5-10 years ago.
B7

The Brandy Barbie

Quote from: Rajesha on May 10, 2016, 03:55:30 PM
Quote from: herbie. on May 10, 2016, 03:52:38 PM
it's not racist, just ignorant as fuck. and close minded. he's only basing his perception on what he sees on TV and in much of Black culture. educate him on the fact that not all Black people adorn themselves in "hip hop clothes".

He did not say black. But my thing is the hip hop clothes, the gangsta rap style etc. came from a reality of struggle, poverty and discrimination. And these privileged white Euro gurs just dress up like this for kiis and drinks without knowing or appreciating the context of the culture.

Oh, you're European.  He MIGHT not mean any harm.  He may not know any better.

SouravMay

Quote from: Vonc2002 on May 10, 2016, 04:25:21 PM

!!!!!!

i thought about this. But then again their style never went mainstream. And the gorls do love to give a bollywood theme mess out. And blacks love to Harajuku/Anime style mess owts too. So I guess when something crosses over it becomes free for all.
B7

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

SouravMay

Quote from: Vonc2002 on May 10, 2016, 04:27:34 PM
Quote from: Rajesha on May 10, 2016, 04:26:11 PM
He was not being shady. He is not fashionable himself
So why'd u make this again
:butim16robert:

Because even if he was not shady, I still could have boycotted the mess and told him that shit is offensive or just played along. I didn't know which stance I should present him.
B7

CHOKE

Yeah he is shady as fuck for asking you that.

Like do you two shade each other down on the regular? Because some friends have that kinda relationship

GRAND

Quote from: Rajesha on May 10, 2016, 04:27:21 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on May 10, 2016, 04:25:21 PM

!!!!!!

i thought about this. But then again their style never went mainstream. And the gorls do love to give a bollywood theme mess out. And blacks love to Harajuku/Anime style mess owts too. So I guess when something crosses over it becomes free for all.
:omgwatshappening:

Oh wait

I forgot you aren't American. It has nothing to do with style

I only said that because anyone from the middle East or resembling them is assumed to be apart of terrorism in America

:plzstop:

Kurama

Quote from: Rajesha on May 10, 2016, 04:28:36 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on May 10, 2016, 04:27:34 PM
Quote from: Rajesha on May 10, 2016, 04:26:11 PM
He was not being shady. He is not fashionable himself
So why'd u make this again
:butim16robert:

Because even if he was not shady, I still could have boycotted the mess and told him that shit is offensive or just played along. I didn't know which stance I should present him.

Gorl well pick one, he's your damn friend.

Glenda

bvvvvv

Malc' is really covering for this friend

He must be foine because...

KING BENTLEY.

H.#.G.*.Z