My white friend wants to borrow "ghetto" clothes for a Gangsta theme party

Started by SouravMay, May 10, 2016, 03:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouravMay

Is it racist? For him to even ask me for some baggy pants from back in the day, for them to have this fckn party themed after "Gangsta's Paradise"...

Am I trippin or is he trying it?
:hmph: :bvy:
B7

Young

Young

SouravMay

nnnnn He is like the theme is "Gangster's Paradise", do you have some hip hop/RnB type clothes I can borrow?

I am literally confused on whether to clap

:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:
B7

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

SouravMay

Well he didn't flat out say BLACK, but I just felt uneasy. 3 years ago I would not have minded, but now it just sounds strange as hell. Not them white students perching in NWA outfits for a weekend drunken night mess out.
B7

yummy

A hip hop themed party would be cute, but if they plan on painting themselves in blackface and perching with 40 ounces and watermelon...

Young

Quote from: Rajesha on May 10, 2016, 03:44:57 PM
nnnnn He is like the theme is "Gangster's Paradise", can do you have some hip hop/RnB type clothes I can borrow?

I am literally confused on whether to clap

:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

He assumes you have clothes that associate with that culture.

We have created a culture and people see and know that.

It's ignorant for him to assume but at the same time it's kind of harmless. If he had ill intent he wouldn't have asked you in that way.

I'd jokingly say something like " I'm mad you assumed I have Gangsta clothes! Lol" tho

SouravMay

He is saying it is more of retro/back to 2004 mess owt. You know when Ja Rule and Nelly ruled the radio or whatever...

I feel mad I gave him a shady response, but I just coudn't help but take offense.
:plzstop: :plzstop:
B7

AIDS!

SouravMay

Quote from: GOLD on May 10, 2016, 03:52:40 PM
Nnnj not 2004
Is he calling you late?

No he is asking for old clothes, explicitly from that time.
B7

SouravMay

B7

AIDS!

You need to let him know not all blacks are ex members of G-unit