Azealia LOSES Rinse FM Festival headline slot after Zayn and Skai mess.

Started by Sharon., May 11, 2016, 08:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharon.

QuoteLast night, Azealia Banks directed a series of grossly offensive tweets towards Zayn Malik, MNEK, Bok Bok, BBC Radio 1Xtra host Jamz Supernova and 14-year-old actor Skai Jackson, as well as UK rap and grime as a whole, and basically anyone else that dared respond.

The vicious posts began after Banks accused Malik of ripping off her work in his recent video for ?Like I Would?. She then called him ?curry-scented? and a ?dirty refugee? before moving on to Disney star Skai Jackson, who she said would become ?depressed and addicted to drugs?. Shortly afterwards, she described UK rap as being a ?disgrace to rap culture in general? and that when she performs in the UK later this year, she will be arriving with "armed security?. 

She also went on to send a stream of racial slurs to 1Xtra's Jamz Supernova, after the radio host tweeted: ?Cant stress enough that @bornandbredLDN need 2 cancel @AZEALIABANKS nasty piece of work!!?

Earlier this year, Banks was booked to headline Rinse FM and Born & Bred?s summer festival alongside Lady Leshurr, Wiley, Novelist and ILOVEMAKONNEN amongst others. Now, in a statement released to Noisey, Rinse FM have said that Azealia Banks has been removed from the line up:

?We have decided to cancel Azealia Banks' headline appearance at Rinse Born & Bred. Rinse Born & Bred is a celebration of rave culture and has been created for EVERYONE. We celebrate inclusivity and equality.?

http://noisey.vice.com/en_uk/blog/azealia-banks-cancelled-2016?utm_source=noiseytwitteruk

yummy

BigDawg

GLOCK

unstoppable! Edge personified! Lolz Real!

Mmmhmmmm Hun...
This is just the beginning ...
You're fucking done and you did this to yourself

b7

Sad that she's using her intuitive ability to hurt others right now

King steevy

she's realy done this time.
She needs to apologize to shai atleast.

Wtv

I guess sometimes people get what they deserve. Congrats Azealia, keep doing your shit and lets see where it goes for you

BigDawg

LiiVE

god i wana body slam her. you know at first it was CUTE but lately it seems like shes really just trying to get attention. still love her tho

:ohwow: