This makes me so disappointed in Lil Kim. She's fckn DELUSIONAL

Started by Vonc2002, July 19, 2016, 07:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

Still Mad that ?Too Dark? Naturi Naughton Portrayed Her in 2009, Lil Kim Shades at VH1?s Hip Hop Honors

QuoteBack in 2009, Naturi Naughton gained rave reviews for her portayal of Lil Kim in rapper Biggie?s biopic Notorious. The film got mixed reviews, but Naturi?s portrayal of a troubled, love-sick but undeniably talented young Lil Kim cemented her as a serious actress to watch.
But there was one person not at all pleased with Naturi?s portrayal ? Lil Kim herself. Although never speaking the words on record, insiders say Lil Kim blasted Naturi for being ?too dark? to portray her

QuoteThe criticism prompted Biggie?s mother, Voletta Wallace, to respond
QuoteShe felt the character we chose for her was too dark? Do you know why the character was too dark for her? Because she?s a white woman trapped in a black woman?s body, and you can tell the world I said it, because those are Lil Kim?s words. She should be ashamed of herself.
Lil Kim isn?t on record saying those words, so who knows. And to be fair, she wasn?t just mad at Naturi?s color, but that she felt her life was inaccurately portrayed (although invited to, Kim didn?t consult on the film.) But part of the reason Naturi was chosen is because she is very petite, like Kim. And regardless, this was 6 years ago and Kim had presumably moved on. Aparently not because, according to Naturi, Kim shaded her at Monday?s VH1 Hip Hop Honors, which celebrated legendary female emcees. While promoting the third season of her show Power on The Wendy Williams Show, Naturi alluded to the incident while the cameras were off, but remained tight-lipped once they started rolling again.
Quote[Wendy] Naturi played Kim in the movie and Kim didn?t like her playing her and then tried to keep her away from her last night at the VH1 thing.
Later Wendy (being messy as usual?) brought it up again during a game of Sour Power, where guests could either answer a ?juicy? question, or ?pucker up? and eat lemons.
Quote[Wendy] ?As I just said you played Lil Kim in the movie Notorious and she wasn?t a fan of your portrayal. Have you run into her since the movie came out. If you don?t want to answer pucker up. Come on Naturi answer??

[Naturi] ?You know what it?s not even worth my energy so let?s just go ahead? No words, no words"

Lil Kim Talk starts @ 9:43

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

b7

Omgggg I literally JUST said to someone the other day as I was watching Naturi's "Being" special, that I bet that's why Kim fumed out

WOW she's really out of touch with reality

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

b7

Quote from: Vonc2002 on July 19, 2016, 07:26:15 AM
I wanted to watch Naturi's Being, was it good?
it really was. Her story was awesome

she even spoke on the 3LW mess and spilled a tad more on some of what was done and said.

Cartierline

Vonc2002

Quote from: Cartier on July 19, 2016, 07:28:07 AM
Kim really hates herself and it's sad.
Thats why i wasn't fckn clapping for this shit

I know it's supposed to be like a "victorian" thing but part of me just thinks this girl just wanted to look that way and i aint fckn cheering  :hmph:

Vonc2002

Quote from: RIGGY on July 19, 2016, 07:27:49 AM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on July 19, 2016, 07:26:15 AM
I wanted to watch Naturi's Being, was it good?
it really was. Her story was awesome

she even spoke on the 3LW mess and spilled a tad more on some of what was done and said.
Imma look for a link but if u find one before i do.........

Aalonso.

There's two sides to a story, and then the truth is somewhere in the middle. Cliche, I know. But while it's clear Kim has a body dysmorphia issue and isn't/wasn't happy with her looks, Biggies mom would be one to exaggerate or even make up theories about Kim. Voletta hates Kim and wished death on her once, I believe. Kim spoke on Biggie beating on women and other things a mother would never want to reveal or discuss about her son. I doubt Kim said that "white woman" mess.

TRY.It.AGAIN

I Can kinda See WHY Krim was TIGHT! When you think Of Naturi....you think Of the Dark skin Girl in 3LW!( During that Period they Were casting, atleast). Quiet as Its Kept..Krim was Never Really Considered a Darker Skinned girl and Regardless of the Mess..the Girls KNEW of her Internal issues and Such, so WHY Throw that Much shade? :uhh:

Either way... Why did I think Dej was Nat' at first when She Punched Out With Lil Ma'??! Vvvvf My First thought was '...Well This Is MESS!'  :dead:

Cardi B., and B is for Barbie? please say thw BARBIE!

Cartierline

Quote from: Vonc2002 on July 19, 2016, 07:31:34 AM
Quote from: Cartier on July 19, 2016, 07:28:07 AM
Kim really hates herself and it's sad.
Thats why i wasn't fckn clapping for this shit

I know it's supposed to be like a "victorian" thing but part of me just thinks this girl just wanted to look that way and i aint fckn cheering  :hmph:
Yeah I didn't like this mess either.  She was probably ecstatic she looked completely white.

Vonc2002

Well I never watched Notorious so how was Naturi's performance? What other reason would she have to dislike this girl like that? What Biggie's mom says rings true to me just because Kim blatantly wants to be a fckn white woman, and her seeing herself portrayed by some chocolate girl was probably a dose of fckn reality she couldnt deal with

yummy

Quote from: TRY.It.AGAIN on July 19, 2016, 07:42:51 AM
I Can kinda See WHY Krim was TIGHT! When you think Of Naturi....you think Of the Dark skin Girl in 3LW!( During that Period they Were casting, atleast). Quiet as Its Kept..Krim was Never Really Considered a Darker Skinned girl

n

How? She wasn't lightskinned or the least bit racially ambiguous.

Kim was a darkskinned black woman. She knows it, the world knows it...that's why she's spent years trying to look like someone else.

Vonc2002

Quote from: ANIMMAI on July 19, 2016, 07:55:27 AM
Quote from: TRY.It.AGAIN on July 19, 2016, 07:42:51 AM
I Can kinda See WHY Krim was TIGHT! When you think Of Naturi....you think Of the Dark skin Girl in 3LW!( During that Period they Were casting, atleast). Quiet as Its Kept..Krim was Never Really Considered a Darker Skinned girl

n

How? She wasn't lightskinned or the least bit racially ambiguous.

Kim was a darkskinned black woman. She knows it, the world knows it...that's why she's spent years trying to look like someone else.
Sorry but yea
I do think that Naturi is darker but Kim wasnt some light skinned Mulatto girl. In those pics up there, they look similar in complexion tbh. The fact that she's still carrying some grudge is pretty fckn miserable :dead:

TRY.It.AGAIN

Those photos are KRIM Giving Tanned! If you watch Her earlier Videos and her Perching about during that timeframe! Not to say She was Lisa Raye'...but She really Wasn't a Darker Girl! Violetta KNEW what she Was doing!  :dead:

Cardi B., and B is for Barbie? please say thw BARBIE!