This makes me so disappointed in Lil Kim. She's fckn DELUSIONAL

Started by Vonc2002, July 19, 2016, 07:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

Quote from: r u ok on July 19, 2016, 10:21:03 AM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on July 19, 2016, 07:22:51 AM
Still Mad that ?Too Dark? Naturi Naughton Portrayed Her in 2009, Lil Kim Shades at VH1?s Hip Hop Honors

QuoteBack in 2009, Naturi Naughton gained rave reviews for her portayal of Lil Kim in rapper Biggie?s biopic Notorious. The film got mixed reviews, but Naturi?s portrayal of a troubled, love-sick but undeniably talented young Lil Kim cemented her as a serious actress to watch.
But there was one person not at all pleased with Naturi?s portrayal ? Lil Kim herself. Although never speaking the words on record, insiders say Lil Kim blasted Naturi for being ?too dark? to portray her

QuoteThe criticism prompted Biggie?s mother, Voletta Wallace, to respond
QuoteShe felt the character we chose for her was too dark? Do you know why the character was too dark for her? Because she?s a white woman trapped in a black woman?s body, and you can tell the world I said it, because those are Lil Kim?s words. She should be ashamed of herself.
Lil Kim isn?t on record saying those words, so who knows. And to be fair, she wasn?t just mad at Naturi?s color, but that she felt her life was inaccurately portrayed (although invited to, Kim didn?t consult on the film.) But part of the reason Naturi was chosen is because she is very petite, like Kim. And regardless, this was 6 years ago and Kim had presumably moved on. Aparently not because, according to Naturi, Kim shaded her at Monday?s VH1 Hip Hop Honors, which celebrated legendary female emcees. While promoting the third season of her show Power on The Wendy Williams Show, Naturi alluded to the incident while the cameras were off, but remained tight-lipped once they started rolling again.
Quote[Wendy] Naturi played Kim in the movie and Kim didn?t like her playing her and then tried to keep her away from her last night at the VH1 thing.
Later Wendy (being messy as usual?) brought it up again during a game of Sour Power, where guests could either answer a ?juicy? question, or ?pucker up? and eat lemons.
Quote[Wendy] ?As I just said you played Lil Kim in the movie Notorious and she wasn?t a fan of your portrayal. Have you run into her since the movie came out. If you don?t want to answer pucker up. Come on Naturi answer??

[Naturi] ?You know what it?s not even worth my energy so let?s just go ahead? No words, no words"

Lil Kim Talk starts @ 9:43

whats the difference between this and that delusional mess Phaedra said to Kenya?

Both specifically used the words "too dark". But a few of u thought phaedras shade was a kii kii . How is this alarming ? I'm confused
sorry but I just dont think phaedra meant it the way u go on about it nor do I feel like Phaedra has an issue with her color. Ur entitled to ur opinion, I just dont agree with it
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

KING BENTLEY.

Kwee Phaedra was speaking on Kenya's bad skin tho, I think she cleared it up

H.#.G.*.Z

RAY7

July 19, 2016, 10:26:36 AM #47 Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 10:26:55 AM by Yar backwards
Quote from: .betterwiseup on July 19, 2016, 10:22:08 AM
Kim was never dark skinned though and Naturi didn't do a great job in Notorious.

this isnt a good example
Kim wasnt as dark as Foxy but shes not that far away
and Naturi did good, couldve did better if Kim was there to help her

Vonc2002

Quote from: BENTLEY! on July 19, 2016, 10:26:13 AM
Kwee Phaedra was speaking on Kenya's bad skin tho, I think she cleared it up
That's exactly what I think it was more about. He rambles on about complexion like phaedra is out here bleaching :plzstop:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

FlowerBomb

July 19, 2016, 10:34:53 AM #50 Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 10:41:30 AM by Capricorn King
Is there another time she mentioned Kenya's complexion?
Because the only time I remember is when herself and Porsha were getting colonics done and said Kenya should be here because "she's two shades darker than what she should be because she's full of poop"
poor taste of words, but I don't think that was the intent
But I could see why people would think that

Vonc2002

Quote from: Capricorn King on July 19, 2016, 10:34:53 AM
I read it as her being "too dark" because she's full of "poop"
poor taste of words, but I don't think that was the intent
But I could see why people would think that
INTENT is exactly what Im talkin about. Whatever way she put it, I didnt feel like it was OH, COON!
:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: Yar backwards on July 19, 2016, 10:26:36 AM
Kim was never dark skinned though and Naturi didn't do a great job in Notorious.

this isnt a good example
sssssssss

Right ...

Better sis you know you get a side eye for saying "she was never dark skinned" :dead:

Plus I always tell you gorls, being of a dark complexion is different.
White ppl might view Rihanna as dark skinned, while an almond skin girl calls a milk chocolate girl dark :plzstop:

Kim is just a mess for colorist period :dead:

H.#.G.*.Z

GLOCK

Quote from: Yar backwards on July 19, 2016, 10:26:36 AM

this isnt a good example
TBRFH

Vonc2002

You are so weird :dead:
U really cant take when someone doesnt share your views :kii:
U feel one way and I feel another (and others seem to agree), so just agree to disagree and move tf on :dead:

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: r u ok on July 19, 2016, 10:38:57 AM

You were just on here saying a black friend of yours has a terrible grade of hair that should remain shaven.
ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Yep. That's Von, to the point  :kii: :kii:

H.#.G.*.Z

Zankou.

Quote from: r u ok on July 19, 2016, 10:38:57 AM
Save the faux outrage.

You were just on here saying a black friend of yours has a terrible grade of hair that should remain shaven.

So honestly it shouldn't surprise me that you only misalign yourself with ignorance when you don't care too much for someone. And realign with it once it's targeted at someone you don't use.

That's inconsistent. But mess

[

Vonc2002

sdsdsdsdsdsdsdsdsdsds :plzstop:

KING BENTLEY.

sssssssssssssssss

I am SCREAMING

But hey, I wouldn't want my friend walking around looking a MESS either. Cut that hair

That's what a good friend does IMO
:letsmessfag:

H.#.G.*.Z

Vonc2002

Quote from: BENTLEY! on July 19, 2016, 10:44:58 AM
sssssssssssssssss

I am SCREAMING

But hey, I wouldn't want my friend walking around looking a MESS either. Cut that hair

That's what a good friend does IMO
:letsmessfag:
TBFH! We're yelling "BLACK PRIDE" these days so I guess we're supposed to embrace the mess. His hair literally looks like taco meat scattered across his head, cut that shit tf off.