Do you think that Usher is an icon?

Started by GLOCK, October 10, 2016, 02:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAY

SouravMay

It's sad that his key song is "Yeah" nnn
B7

MAY

I would consider Beyonce & Lady Gaga to be icons. They have left an undeniable mark.

Usher has not.

I would even say Rihanna is more of an icon than Usher.

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

4 fucking k

He's not. I'm sorry. And that's no shade at all.

He was always just... there. Hence the way he nosedived from popularity. It took him a long ass time to get noticed then he did then... yea.

MAY

pettypatty

Quote from: Magnolia Maymuru on October 10, 2016, 03:08:07 PM
:dead:

Like chart wise "Yeah" was huge but like it's not even more iconic than "Ignition"

Vonc2002

I don't agree with this tho. Maybe internationally. U Make Me Wanna alone is kinda an R&B classic
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

SouravMay

B7

SouravMay

Quote from: pettypatty on October 10, 2016, 03:09:46 PM
:dead:

Like chart wise "Yeah" was huge but like it's not even more iconic than "Ignition"

!!!! It's just that song that comes in the club every now and again. No impact rly
B7

SouravMay

Quote from: Vonc2002 on October 10, 2016, 03:09:47 PM
I don't agree with this tho. Maybe internationally. U Make Me Wanna alone is kinda an R&B classic

Is it tho? Is it revered and does the song have an after life. I mean I loved it as a kid... but "pony" gives R&B classic, hell "sweet lady"
B7

pettypatty

"U make me wanna" saved his career

I remember L.A. Reid saying Usher didn't like the song, but they went with it as the lead single anyways.

His poor ear  :tistheseas:

Vonc2002

I definitely think U make me wanna is an R&B classic. Maybe U got it bad or u remind me are not memorable but not U make me wanna

pettypatty

Yeah. I agree. "U make me wanna" is a classic

SouravMay

And since his prime is up he can't shape his legacy anymore... Adele or somebody needs to cover one of his records to make him iconic retroactively
B7