If she sings like this at Soul Train...

Started by RAY7, October 23, 2016, 02:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

Brandy is honestly GREAT at lip synching which is why there's always confusion if she's actually singing. And yea, beyonce's mic doesn't even have an "on" switch so this is all very ironic
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

RAY7

Brandy is really not great at lipping
LOVE the girl but, first of all the vocal always sounds soooo processed and "perfect"
and she exaggerates her expressions, like all these spins on that Without You vid I posted
but its her best vocal ever & no breathing issues whatsoever
then you have that Beggin & Pleadin clip where shes using the same exact vocal from BGR but the ad-libs are just in different places
THEN she turns the mic on & you can hear how hoarse she is right after

Bey's lipping is top notch, with all kinds of sounds, breaths, gasps etc, then she usually puts the mic to a fan or someone to sing 5 secs, its REAL out here. Most of the time ppl dont really know shes lipping unless she misses a cue or something
look at her VMA reviews, ppl were saying Rih lipped, and Bey was LIVE,

but yea I want BOTH of their mics on more often tbh
but Brandy is performing next month and I want to hear HER

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

RAY7

Quote from: Corporate Cannibal. on October 23, 2016, 05:17:03 PM
Brandy is not great at lipping, but not bad either. I can usually tell more when she's lipping than Bey.

But why does she lip a song sometimes, and then sing live at the very end? Like the Beggin n pleading that Ray posted, or that Right Here (Departed) performance at Howard Theatre. Perfect vocal, but that live vocal came in at the end.
exactly
especially when the live part sounds soooo much different
but lately Ive just been watching the stuff I KNOW is lipped just for the vocal
its not like shes Milli Vanilli or anything so I can still enjoy it
Im not tryna tear the girl down though but  :uhh:

BranLover

Quote from: AYR on October 23, 2016, 04:51:12 PM
Brandy is really not great at lipping
LOVE the girl but, first of all the vocal always sounds soooo processed and "perfect"
and she exaggerates her expressions, like all these spins on that Without You vid I posted
but its her best vocal ever & no breathing issues whatsoever
then you have that Beggin & Pleadin clip where shes using the same exact vocal from BGR but the ad-libs are just in different places
THEN she turns the mic on & you can hear how hoarse she is right after

Bey's lipping is top notch, with all kinds of sounds, breaths, gasps etc, then she usually puts the mic to a fan or someone to sing 5 secs, its REAL out here. Most of the time ppl dont really know shes lipping unless she misses a cue or something
look at her VMA reviews, ppl were saying Rih lipped, and Bey was LIVE,

but yea I want BOTH of their mics on more often tbh
but Brandy is performing next month and I want to hear HER

!!!  No shade and I loooove Bran. Still excited for this performance. Hopefully she does a medley because she's most likely gonna sing the debut songs live.

Vonc2002

Brandy definitely does a great live lip sync and tbh i can always tell when beyonce is lip synching.

DrewBabyLove

Quote from: Vonc2002 on October 23, 2016, 05:48:42 PM
Brandy definitely does a great live lip sync and tbh i can always tell when beyonce is lip synching.

DrewBabyLove

When Bey lips it's always very obviouse to me. For example Drunk In Love at the Grammys and during her Lemonade melody at the VMAs.

Vonc2002

Quote from: KingDrewLove on October 23, 2016, 05:55:09 PM
When Bey lips it's always very obviouse to me. For example Drunk In Love at the Grammys and during her Lemonade melody at the VMAs.
ALWAYS!

RAY7

Drunk In Love Bey pulled the mic away from her face at one point
that was kinda a telegraphed mistake

DrewBabyLove

Quote from: AYR on October 23, 2016, 05:57:22 PM
Drunk In Love Bey pulled the mic away from her face at one point
that was kinda a telegraphed mistake

You could tell from the very start just from how it sounded and how she looked singing. I didnt even account for the mistakes... forgot about those.

DrewBabyLove

But i will say when it comes to televised performances, I think Bey on average probably sings live more.

BAPHOMET.

October 23, 2016, 06:01:09 PM #29 Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 06:01:50 PM by Baphomet.
 :dead: these lies. You could literally only tell when she made sure she was facing the right direction of the chair.
At that point she missed her cue. That was the only mistake. What were the other mistakes ?