Funny how niggas want to play the race card (Bey and Adele mess)

Started by 4 fucking k, February 14, 2017, 05:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cartierline

Quote from: tustunnugee. on February 14, 2017, 06:39:39 PM
And the Grammy for AOTY and ROTY are for just that: the record and the album. Not visuals shot by Steven Spielberg, smoke mirrors and a bunch of hype. Just saying. They have specific awards for those categories and Formation got it's just due in one of them.
!!!!

I was just gonna say this. The Lemon' album really isn't all that without the visuals, and the Gram' committee aren't looking at the visuals when judging for AOTY.

Lazarus

Quote from: شيطان on February 14, 2017, 06:39:06 PM
I don't have a problem with Mya or Rih losing, they only put in half as much thought and dedication. It's really about the amount of talent/dedication in relation to the appreciation.

People were in a frenzy too when Godzmine was snubbed.

v

Stfu. What did Mya have to do with this discussion?  :dead:

MAY

Cartierline

Quote from: Chokeme on February 14, 2017, 06:40:47 PM
This should be the last album Bey does for the black gorls I think. They don't appreciate it.

:calmdownsis:

Time for a Sasha part II mess after the twins

Let's fckin HOPE so tbqh. I'm over this narrative, talk-sing mess.

Cartierline

Quote from: Lazarus on February 14, 2017, 06:42:01 PM
I don't have a problem with Mya or Rih losing, they only put in half as much thought and dedication. It's really about the amount of talent/dedication in relation to the appreciation.

v

bbbbbbbbbbb

My sis just talks to talk.

leftout

this random myer lashing :kii:

Eternal Bell

Quote from: ShutYourMouth. on February 14, 2017, 06:41:25 PM
to say she had no impact on black culture and its movement is such a reach produced by a hatin ass bitch :dead: & 'day you JUST made a thread praisin her for this. gorls, tell a consistent narrative please

:guys:

SouravMay

Quote from: Cartier on February 14, 2017, 06:41:30 PM
And the Grammy for AOTY and ROTY are for just that: the record and the album. Not visuals shot by Steven Spielberg, smoke mirrors and a bunch of hype. Just saying. They have specific awards for those categories and Formation got it's just due in one of them.
!!!!

I was just gonna say this. The Lemon' album really isn't all that without the visuals, and the Gram' committee aren't looking at the visuals when judging for AOTY.

They snubbed Queen for self-titled too though. And that album was perfect. And "4" didn't even get a nomination.
B7

CHOKE

The black gorls wanna side with massah cause it's Bey but none of the other black girls can even get nominated

Bey will be fine lolz

MAY

Quote from: ShutYourMouth. on February 14, 2017, 06:41:25 PM
to say she had no impact on black culture and its movement is such a reach produced by a hatin ass bitch :dead: & 'day you JUST made a thread praisin her for this. gorls, tell a consistent narrative please

Gorl that album didn't have no impact. I appreciate what she did in that Super Bowl performance, but to act like this bitch just gave an Angela Davis mess over a trap beat is about as farfetched as Ci getting a top 10 on the Hot 100.

yummy

Quote from: Cartier on February 14, 2017, 06:33:36 PM
Tbh, neither album was that fckin great.

And the gorls wouldn't be in this much of a tizzy if it had been any other black artist other than Bey so it's hard to take their outrage seriously.

Cartierline

Quote from: شيطان on February 14, 2017, 06:43:27 PM
Quote from: Cartier on February 14, 2017, 06:41:30 PM
!!!!

They snubbed Queen for self-titled too though. And that album was perfect. And "4" didn't even get a nomination.
No, self-titled wasn't really all that either without the visuals.

Now 4, however, was some trifling mess. That era is so underrated.

Sovereign.

Quote from: ORORO MUNROE-UDAKU on February 14, 2017, 06:38:22 PM
Quote from: pettypatty on February 14, 2017, 06:27:15 PM
Where is this black empowerment on "lemonade" ya'll speak about?

Besides hot sauce and Jackson 5 nostrils?

sssssss

Other than that it's a typical urban album  :dead:
:kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii:

the gorls really RAN with the Superbowl performance too!
ugh .. it was horrible, they were regarding her like MLK

like ... they've never thought to ask themselves...
hmmm what kinda statement is it to say "you better call Becky with the good hair"

um .. WHY sis ... you just showed up to the Grammys with a headful of Becky's hair
not a braid or fro or Black Panther suit in SIGHT :dead:

nnnnvvvv this illogical though.

black women have the capacity to do whatever they want with their hair. could she have possibly worn her yaki just because she WANTED to?

Vonc2002

Quote from: Lazarus on February 14, 2017, 06:42:01 PM

v

sdddddssssssssddddssds
:guys:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

SouravMay

Had Jazmine lost a vocal mess against Adele we would have been outraged too. "Lemonade" was the album of the year, don't nobody remember anything from "25" except "Hello".
B7