Talisa was fucking DRAGGED.... Very clear thread, as well.

Started by XXX., March 28, 2017, 06:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XXX.

Quote from: ShutYourMouth. on March 28, 2017, 07:35:15 PM
Nicki and Rih are where they are because of the machine behind them. Let's be real :dead: they got payola on their side and a machine.

But they're not any more talented than the girls in the OP. In fact, both Nicki and Rih try to give us dance in performance and are never exactly on point or revered in the dancing aspect.

They cater to the "bad girl/smoke weed" image that Top 40 will only acknowledge in a black girl. We've seen their ass cheeks and nipples more times than we've seen our own. It's apparent that urban artists will only find mainstream success if they're willing to pour it up, pour it up and work with a monster team.

That's not true.  Rihanna doesn't cater to "bad girl/smoke weed".  Stop.  I don't even like her all like that, but that isn't true.  Her music appeals to a lot of people.  Shit, my own mama be asking me about Rihanna songs she's heard, so she can buy them.  And she definitely ain't a "bad girl".  She records good music.  Period.

I think it's hard for you to admit that Ciara's failures have a lot to do with material.  Jackie is awful.  And Rihanna's last album is better than Ciara's last 4. 

No shade at all.

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

yummy

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Blond?. on March 28, 2017, 07:44:19 PM
Nicki and Rih are where they are because of the machine behind them. Let's be real :dead: they got payola on their side and a machine.

But they're not any more talented than the girls in the OP. In fact, both Nicki and Rih try to give us dance in performance and are never exactly on point or revered in the dancing aspect.

They cater to the "bad girl/smoke weed" image that Top 40 will only acknowledge in a black girl. We've seen their ass cheeks and nipples more times than we've seen our own. It's apparent that urban artists will only find mainstream success if they're willing to pour it up, pour it up and work with a monster team.

That's not true.  Rihanna doesn't cater to "bad girl/smoke weed".  Stop.  I don't even like her all like that, but that isn't true.  Her music appeals to a lot of people.  Shit, my own mama be asking me about Rihanna songs she's heard, so she can buy them.  And she definitely ain't a "bad girl".  She records good music.  Period.

I think it's hard for you to admit that Ciara's failures have a lot to do with material.  Jackie is awful.  And Rihanna's last album is better than Ciara's last 4. 

No shade at all.
true fucking tea

Marilyn

The girls who can sing, can't dance. The girls who can dance, can't sing. That's why Bey is where she's at. She exceeds at both.

Vonc2002

No shade at all.
Im HOLLERING! He wants so bad for Rihanna to be a flash in the pan that has made for "this or that reason". We're over a decade and 8 albums in, just because u don't appreciate her doesn't mean that's everybody's opinion because it CLEARLY isn't.  Ciara's career last for an album and a half and that's what u need to be concerning urself with
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

leftout

Yeah, so we agree

Rihanna is successful thanks to her legion of writers who toss her hits. But the only hits that make a splash are the Work's and Pour It Up's.

Genesis

Quote from: Blond?. on March 28, 2017, 07:42:01 PM
Quote from: L0NZ. on March 28, 2017, 07:34:48 PM
Quote from: Blond?. on March 28, 2017, 06:58:25 PM
Quote from: ShutYourMouth. on March 28, 2017, 06:49:52 PM
This is a confusing thread. If they never pop offed... how did they fizzle out? :ummwhat:

I mean really PUNCH through and BOOK.  World tours, back to back hits, album eras, etc.

Really pushing beyond the first couple albums and continuing into superstardom, musically.  There's no longevity in the Janet style singer/dancer in 2017. 

This is what its like for basically all Black music though. Who fits your description and came out in the last 10 years?

From 2005 and on.....

Rihanna, Chris Brown, Drake, The Weekend, Nicki Minaj, Kendrick Lamar, and a few others.

It's mostly rappers (I'll admit that), but the point is NONE of these acts that get accolades and really BOOK are the Janet blueprint. 

I'm realizing I don't think that blueprint even works for white people anymore.  Because who is even doing it?

It's like girl groups.

Dead on arrival.
Chris brown follows the jackson model and you just listed him.

The weeknd is still in his prime and just hit mainstream recently, not in the last 10 years.

The rest are rappers though.

leftout

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 28, 2017, 07:49:03 PM

No shade at all.
Im HOLLERING! He wants so bad for Rihanna to be a flash in the pan that has made for "this or that reason". We're over a decade and 8 albums in, just because u don't appreciate her doesn't mean that's everybody's opinion because it CLEARLY isn't.  Ciara's career last for an album and a half and that's what u need to be concerning urself with

Vonc2002

Quote from: ShutYourMouth. on March 28, 2017, 07:50:13 PM
I haven't brought up Ciara at all in this thread :dead:
U didn't have to.  Her being a weak voiced flop is the point of the thread  :dead: