Do you think we've met the next Beyonc? or Rihanna yet?

Started by XXX., October 21, 2017, 09:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott.

I don't think we'll ever see that again. I really have very little faith in today's musical climate.

Sinpool

Quote from: 1RIG on October 21, 2017, 09:36:49 PM
Quote from: Trey on October 21, 2017, 09:23:16 PM
d

Idk.... and honestly, if we have...... Idk if we're too impressed. :dead: I wonder if this is how the Mariah generation felt/feels about the Brit/Bey generation.....

She could never, but honestly, Selena is kinda the Brit of this new generation (celebrity wise). Justine is the new Justin..... Its not quite time for a new Rih, imo. And I love Normani and she performs DOWN, but I kinda feel like we're just settling in a sense. :dead: We'll see

If Zendaya could get it together musically, I could see her being a new Rih.
even in terms of stardom, I don?t see any of those girls reaching the level Bey and Britney did and have. There?s just no way :dead: too much access and social media normalizes people way more than we could back then

Their big stars but back then it was something else entirely. That mystique is GONE

Well I mean I stan for Rih but let's be real Rih didn't really get STAR power until maybe Loud.

She was slaying the charts but still bumping clits with Cassie and Teairra during her first two eras
Musically she slayed GGGB but nobody really cared abut Rih herself apart frmo that bob
The beating was the really the first time she as a person was talked about like a celebrity until like Loud.

Kaeli.

Quote from: Onika on October 21, 2017, 09:18:29 PM
I don't think we're going to see another Bey or Rih for a while.  :dead:

Back in the 80s/90s, you had to be somewhat talented in order to be successful but unfortunately, that's not the case anymore.

We're now in the era of feel good music. No one really cares about artistry anymore. Just as long as you provide a quick bop, the general public will use.

This thread made me realize how much I miss the 90s/00s  :stressed:

The 90's?

I thought u were 20

b7

Quote from: HUGO on October 21, 2017, 09:37:39 PM
Performance Bey wise...Norma I was the first one that came to mind.
yea, no. Not with that struggle Vocal

Bey comparisons can only live on if she dramatically improves that AND engages a crowd properly   

b7

Quote from: Baph al Mana. on October 21, 2017, 09:44:06 PM

the minor lil surge she got (chin implant) >>>

she's stunning to me tbh
idk

Honestly if you lose 50-60 pounds it CAN look like surgery sssss

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: 1RIG on October 22, 2017, 12:03:07 AM

she's stunning to me tbh
idk

Nah. It's not hard to tell. It's the same thing iggy had done.

Plus she wasn't even fat. She lost about 15lbs.

Rxxf

BRANDY

b7

Quote from: Baph al Mana. on October 22, 2017, 12:22:53 AM
Quote from: 1RIG on October 22, 2017, 12:03:07 AM

she's stunning to me tbh
idk

Nah. It's not hard to tell. It's the same thing iggy had done.

Plus she wasn't even fat. She lost about 15lbs.
well that?s true. I guess she wasn?t that big

And iggy is dumb. She didn?t need it

Palladium

I think those Chloe x Halle girls are going to be a problem when they get older.

Inject My Lips

SZA is too old to actually replace Bey and Rih, but she might be able to slay alongside them like Gaga and Katy did with Britney and Pink. 

XXX.

Quote from: Scott. on October 21, 2017, 11:38:31 PM
I don't think we'll ever see that again. I really have very little faith in today's musical climate.

A big part of me feels this way too.  If it?s not clear within the next 5 years, I?ll be a little worried.

SouravMay

I don't know how Tinashe was able to blow it. She was SET to become the new Rihanna.
B7

Eternal Bell

Quote from: Onika on October 21, 2017, 09:18:29 PM
I don't think we're going to see another Bey or Rih for a while.  :dead:

Back in the 80s/90s, you had to be somewhat talented in order to be successful but unfortunately, that's not the case anymore.

We're now in the era of feel good music. No one really cares about artistry anymore. Just as long as you provide a quick bop, the general public will use.

This thread made me realize how much I miss the 90s/00s  :stressed:
!!!