Do you think we've met the next Beyonc? or Rihanna yet?

Started by XXX., October 21, 2017, 09:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XXX.

When Mariah, Madonna, Janet, Whitney, Michael and the Legend girls were in their 30's, you had Beyonce (Destiny's Child), Justin (NSYNC), Usher, Britney, and the rest of the artists we consider (or considered) the top kinda waiting in the wings.

Do you think there's anyone in the industry now that got NEXT?  Like a diamond in the rough "Pon De Replay"-style? 

Or we haven't met her yet?

It's crazy, because Beyonce and Rihanna will eventually not be the hottest anymore.  And there is going to be some hungry new puss ready to lick that milk. :justabit:

I wonder when we'll finally meet her, or if we've met her already. :stressed:

BAPHOMET.

SZA  :ohwow:

I just HATE the way she performs on a live stage.

yummy

I'm hoping Sza and Normani can pull it together

This generation needs some black female icons

Onika

I don't think we're going to see another Bey or Rih for a while.  :dead:

Back in the 80s/90s, you had to be somewhat talented in order to be successful but unfortunately, that's not the case anymore.

We're now in the era of feel good music. No one really cares about artistry anymore. Just as long as you provide a quick bop, the general public will use.

This thread made me realize how much I miss the 90s/00s  :stressed:
Nicki & Cardi searching for Remy's top 10 hit:

Brit Brat

d

Idk.... and honestly, if we have...... Idk if we're too impressed. :dead: I wonder if this is how the Mariah generation felt/feels about the Brit/Bey generation.....

She could never, but honestly, Selena is kinda the Brit of this new generation (celebrity wise). Justine is the new Justin..... Its not quite time for a new Rih, imo. And I love Normani and she performs DOWN, but I kinda feel like we're just settling in a sense. :dead: We'll see

If Zendaya could get it together musically, I could see her being a new Rih.

Brit Brat

I love SZA, but she just aint fucking cute. I think she has incredible potential, but I wont say next "Rih". I see her creating her own lane a bit.

MelMel

ssw4919

Quote from: Onika on October 21, 2017, 09:18:29 PM
I don't think we're going to see another Bey or Rih for a while.  :dead:

Back in the 80s/90s, you had to be somewhat talented in order to be successful but unfortunately, that's not the case anymore.

We're now in the era of feel good music. No one really cares about artistry anymore. Just as long as you provide a quick bop, the general public will use.

This thread made me realize how much I miss the 90s/00s  :stressed:

b7

Quote from: Trey on October 21, 2017, 09:23:16 PM
d

Idk.... and honestly, if we have...... Idk if we're too impressed. :dead: I wonder if this is how the Mariah generation felt/feels about the Brit/Bey generation.....

She could never, but honestly, Selena is kinda the Brit of this new generation (celebrity wise). Justine is the new Justin..... Its not quite time for a new Rih, imo. And I love Normani and she performs DOWN, but I kinda feel like we're just settling in a sense. :dead: We'll see

even in terms of stardom, I don?t see any of those girls reaching the level Bey and Britney did and have. There?s just no way :dead: too much access and social media normalizes people way more than we could back then

Their big stars but back then it was something else entirely. That mystique is GONE

HUGO

Performance Bey wise...Norma I was the first one that came to mind.

Onika

Quote from: 1RIG on October 21, 2017, 09:36:49 PM
d

even in terms of stardom, I don?t see any of those girls reaching the level Bey and Britney did and have. There?s just no way :dead: too much access and social media normalizes people way more than we could back then

Their big stars but back then it was something else entirely. That mystique is GONE

I completely agree.
Nicki & Cardi searching for Remy's top 10 hit:

Brit Brat

Quote from: 1RIG on October 21, 2017, 09:36:49 PM
d

Wow YEA. I feel like we'll never see that again. To this new generation, I feel like these artists ARE the next big things. :dead: Thats why I wonder if this is how the Mariah/Whit generation felt about our generation of stars too.

fedswatchin

When's the last time a dark skin girl, of any race, dominated? Janet? Brandy?

It's Normani time