How do you handle jealousy?

Started by Herb., October 18, 2015, 03:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herb.

So in all of your life, even as a child, you've never been jealous of anything? That's amazing.

RekeRig

Quote from: Herbie on October 18, 2015, 04:54:20 PM
Quote from: RIG on October 18, 2015, 04:22:46 PM
Let it fuel me.  it should really just be turned into motivation, depending on what we're talking about.  In terms of relationships, I just get quiet, keep to myself even more and become a little cold/short. I'm not argumentative or confrontational, but you'll know I'm pissed or upset
you're passive aggressi'. like me. lolz :supluv: I get the same way when I feel some type of way, if I feel hurt more so. Not jealous.

I handle envy pretty much the same way as everyone's stated in here, including you. Turning it into motivation is a fabulously productive way to make something out of nothing.
!!!! Dfddddd

FINE.

Quote from: Herbie on October 18, 2015, 03:51:47 PM
Quote from: FINE. on October 18, 2015, 03:51:12 PM
Quote from: Herbie on October 18, 2015, 03:49:13 PM
Quote from: FINE. on October 18, 2015, 03:48:20 PM
Just put my best foot forward. I'm learning not to let my emotions control my actions
Fucking fabulous. Flawless.
BBBBBNBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBNnbbbbnnbbbb

:omgwatshappening:
I'm sorry but you put it PERFECTLY. :stressed: For me, at least. This is exactly how I feel.
I think it's important to let your emotions flow..never try to hide or suppress them. We all get jealous..like you said its natural. As I get older I'm learning that you don't have to be sort of a puppet to how you are feeling. Some days I'm good at it..some days I'm not.

FINE.

And I'm very sensitive so it's VERY hard. I hide it well.

Plank

envy is great mot'vation mess for me

i aint been feelin it lately tho...guess cuz ive reach a point where im happ' 'bout ev'thing in my life n wit myself

FINE.

Quote from: Herbie on October 18, 2015, 05:37:58 PM
So in all of your life, even as a child, you've never been jealous of anything? That's amazing.
sdsfddddddffffffdddddff

Plank

Quote from: Vix on October 18, 2015, 05:36:41 PM
I've never been jealous....of anything. But naturally it's ok to be jealous in a relationship....I think people are afraid of losing something naturally so yea jealously is normal

me n u in tha sames boat

iman

Quote from: Herbie on October 18, 2015, 03:44:42 PM
Envy is such a natural, human emotion. And although many of us don't admit that we have these feelings sometimes, we've all experienced it countless times during our lives (and I expect that to be denied by some lol).

But here's my question. How do you handle it?

This may sound weird but I never process that someone is being jealous or intentionally malicious until it becomes blatantly obvious and in my face :dead: Even if I find out someone is talking shit I'm always like "oh :ohwow: " I can't bring myself to give a fuck and that's just the honest truth. I have a habit of avoiding confrontation so I walk away from situations and even people just to avoid that energy.

If a guy is jealous, I avoid them cause super jealous guys tend to be controlling and I can't deal with that type of stuff. If it's a girl, I just don't say shit lolz cause they're clearly jealous due to insecurity so I just watch them fume.  :ohwow: I dealt with that a lot in high school fjjjj

Herb.

October 18, 2015, 05:47:19 PM #38 Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 05:48:04 PM by Herbie
Quote from: FINE. on October 18, 2015, 05:40:23 PM
Just put my best foot forward. I'm learning not to let my emotions control my actions

I'm sorry but you put it PERFECTLY. :stressed: For me, at least. This is exactly how I feel.
I think it's important to let your emotions flow..never try to hide or suppress them. We all get jealous..like you said its natural. As I get older I'm learning that you don't have to be sort of a puppet to how you are feeling. Some days I'm good at it..some days I'm not.
Right.

We publicly shame jealousy and envy all the time, when many of us have those emotions. It's to the point where some will not admit to even having one instance of jealousy in their entire being on Earth.  :plzstop: It's because we fear being labeled a "hater"; many of us would enjoy being perceived as the opposite. Someone who is consistently confident, never has downtime, never wishes they had more, or not even in the slightest bit envy those who do: in other words -- perfect.

It's hard for many of us to step outside of that box, because in the age of social media, and filters, and relationship statuses, we're taught to be that perfect person. To have the flawless skin, to have the amazing life, to have the perfect "bae" . We are somehow taught to be or portray the person who is envied. So for us to even admit that sometimes we're on the opposite side of the fence, it's not appetizing.

Nine

Quote from: TheNextLew on October 18, 2015, 05:26:28 PM
Relationship jealousy is a big pne for me   career and material things not so much

But :(
smmsmm; !!!!

Yeah in a 'ship I don't handle it so well

:mmywheresddy:

RekeRig

Quote from: Herbie on October 18, 2015, 05:47:19 PM

Right.

We publicly shame jealousy and envy all the time, when many of us have those emotions. It's to the point where some will not admit to even having one instance of jealousy in their entire being on Earth.  :plzstop: It's because we fear being labeled a "hater"; many of us would enjoy being perceived as the opposite. Someone who is consistently confident, never has downtime, never wishes they had more, or not even in the slightest bit envy those who do: in other words -- perfect.

It's hard for many of us to step outside of that box, because in the age of social media, and filters, and relationship statuses, we're taught to be that perfect person. To have the flawless skin, to have the amazing life, to have the perfect "bae" . We are somehow taught to be or portray the person who is envied. So for us to even admit that sometimes we're on the opposite side of the fence, it's not appetizing.
whew!! If y'all don't preach on today

:stressed:

FINE.

Quote from: iman on October 18, 2015, 05:46:36 PM
Quote from: Herbie on October 18, 2015, 03:44:42 PM
Envy is such a natural, human emotion. And although many of us don't admit that we have these feelings sometimes, we've all experienced it countless times during our lives (and I expect that to be denied by some lol).

But here's my question. How do you handle it?

This may sound weird but I never process that someone is being jealous or intentionally malicious until it becomes blatantly obvious and in my face :dead: Even if I find out someone is talking shit I'm always like "oh :ohwow:
ssdddddddddddd !!!!!!

But after that my passive aggressive switch will turn right the fuck on and it's war. I'll shade you downe so it can give u a reason to say something to me then That'll give me a reason to blow up on you :ohwow:

iman

fff I mean, I think that the people who say all the time that they're never jealous most likely are but I don't doubt that there are people who never are jealous. Personally speaking, I'm not a jealous person cause I'm comfortable with myself and what I have and can offer.

FINE.

Quote from: Herbie on October 18, 2015, 05:47:19 PM

Right.

Herb.

I think there's a difference between instances of jealousy and being a "jealous person". Some people may be confusing that in the thread.