RIAA: Nicki 2nd most certified female rapper in history. PERIOD.

Started by herbie, October 24, 2018, 09:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fedswatchin

The bottom line: RIAA does more than record the number of shipments

How many more receipts do we need to post? :kii:

fedswatchin

Lazarus

By contrast, the R.I.A.A. platinum awards are based not on hard sales but on mere shipments meaning a company can make an album "go platinum" simply by shoving the required number of copies into stores. The only requirement is that the companies wait 60 days after the initial shipping, to subtract any unsold copies the stores send back.

Such discrepencies put Billboard in an odd position. As a trade publication, the magazine is obliged to print its R.I.A.A. certifications, which often clashes with the far more accurate SoundScan data. As a result Ellis says, "it's time for the industry to think about the value of those [R.I.A.A.] shipment figures.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/nydn-features/don-buy-jax-pyramid-scheme-platinum-status-symbol-history-marking-5-million-albums-sold-proves-worthless-fool-gold-article-1.704078

'ology

Quote from: Lazarus on October 24, 2018, 02:42:03 PM
By contrast, the R.I.A.A. platinum awards are based not on hard sales but on mere shipments meaning a company can make an album "go platinum" simply by shoving the required number of copies into stores. The only requirement is that the companies wait 60 days after the initial shipping, to subtract any unsold copies the stores send back.

Such discrepencies put Billboard in an odd position. As a trade publication, the magazine is obliged to print its R.I.A.A. certifications, which often clashes with the far more accurate SoundScan data. As a result Ellis says, "it's time for the industry to think about the value of those [R.I.A.A.] shipment figures.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/nydn-features/don-buy-jax-pyramid-scheme-platinum-status-symbol-history-marking-5-million-albums-sold-proves-worthless-fool-gold-article-1.704078
Zzxxxcxxxxcccxxxxxzz

I just.....
Blessed Be The Mufuckin Fruit!!!

LiiVE

oop

fedswatchin

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Monday, September 11, 1995, 12:00 AM

Mya cmon :plzstop:

LiiVE

fedswatchin

An article from 1995 detailing RIAA OLD practices just won't do

Shipments!

Cardi's album hasn't even been released in physical form, so what accuracy does the information in that article actually have on this day? :dead:

fedswatchin

I'm just mad at the fact that Mya up here quoting shit that came out before even AOL dial-up did, actin' like those rules and regulations haven't changed along with the largely dynamic industry in which they were created. :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

sis really is a THROWBACK

fedswatchin

Quote from: Two Spirit on October 24, 2018, 03:00:18 PM
It's not even about practices or the in's and out's of procedure.
Laz is wrong at the most BASIC level.

What I said was very simple - RIAA certifications are under the "sales" category.
They are sales oriented. Period.

That's what Laz challenged. But now he's introducing these things about previous practices, procedures, etc.
It's deflection. You were wrong at the most BASIC level. Before we even get into the other stuff.
Yeah, he's wrong there too :dead: :plzstop: just all types of wrong

fedswatchin

LiiVE

Quote from: TROLLISA mess on October 24, 2018, 02:58:21 PM
An article from 1995 detailing RIAA OLD practices just won't do

Shipments!

QuoteClub sales and club free goods may be included towards certification. Product shipped to retail,
mail order, record clubs, TV marketing and other ancillary markets are combined toward certified
sales. All shipments to these accounts must be verified by the label.

http://www.riaa.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/ALBUM-AWARD-RIAA-AND-GRF-CERTIFICATION-AUDIT-REQUIREMENTS.pdf

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

🦚

Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/