HARRIET - TRAILER (In Theaters 11/01)

Started by GLOCK, July 23, 2019, 11:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BAPHOMET.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Troye Stormborn on July 23, 2019, 01:16:13 PM
Quote from: jtwoeleven on July 23, 2019, 12:53:40 PM
Also...everyone doesn't seem so thrilled with her casting...she's a bit problematic apparently...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.essence.com/v/s/www.essence.com/amp/entertainment/cynthia-erivo-black-british-actress-harriet-tubman-movie/%3famp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%253D#ampf=

Yeah I don't like that. Well the fact she is British and this is an American tale. There are plenty of African Americans they could have chosen for this role imo
You always say such attackable shit, ugh
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Quote from: EXPENSIVE DICK on July 23, 2019, 01:16:41 PM
Blacks should play blacks

this silly ass discussion about where blacks are from :omf:

gosh they did a whole number on us
NIGGA! :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

'ology

Quote from: Vonc2002 on July 23, 2019, 01:43:52 PM
Quote from: Troye Stormborn on July 23, 2019, 01:16:13 PM
Quote from: jtwoeleven on July 23, 2019, 12:53:40 PM
Also...everyone doesn't seem so thrilled with her casting...she's a bit problematic apparently...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.essence.com/v/s/www.essence.com/amp/entertainment/cynthia-erivo-black-british-actress-harriet-tubman-movie/%3famp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%253D#ampf=

Yeah I don't like that. Well the fact she is British and this is an American tale. There are plenty of African Americans they could have chosen for this role imo
You always say such attackable shit, ugh
Zzzzzzzzddddssss
Blessed Be The Mufuckin Fruit!!!

jtwoeleven

The comments from people saying her casting isn't problematic at all are very telling. They remind me of that thread a while back, or comments that said Black Americans don't have a culture, and that we stole from Caribbean's. Y'all believe that too?

Vonc2002

Quote from: jtwoeleven on July 23, 2019, 01:24:26 PM
Y'all who say it's dumb to criticize this, or who say no one has a right to complain, I need y'all to be consistent. Let's keep that same energy across the board, because I distinctly remember the Africans (South Africans?) who were NOT happy at all about Beyoncé just being rumored to play Sara Baartman. So if we're being unreasonable for calling out Cynthia, y'all need to have the same discontent for those who brought the same criticisms.
Beyonce shouldn't be playing anyone, non acting ass.  This bitch sucks as a cartoon. That's reason enough to be in an uproar over her

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: jtwoeleven on July 23, 2019, 01:47:13 PM
The comments from people saying her casting isn't problematic at all are very telling. They remind me of that thread a while back, or comments that said Black Americans don't have a culture, and that we stole from Caribbean's. Y'all believe that too?
you are fucking SPEAKING

FlowerBomb

Quote from: jtwoeleven on July 23, 2019, 01:47:13 PM
Girl ONE person said that  :uhh: :dead:

FlowerBomb

Jdjdjdjdj at beyonce playing Sarah baartman

jtwoeleven

Quote from: Vonc2002 on July 23, 2019, 01:47:15 PM
Y'all who say it's dumb to criticize this, or who say no one has a right to complain, I need y'all to be consistent. Let's keep that same energy across the board, because I distinctly remember the Africans (South Africans?) who were NOT happy at all about Beyoncé just being rumored to play Sara Baartman. So if we're being unreasonable for calling out Cynthia, y'all need to have the same discontent for those who brought the same criticisms.
Beyonce shouldn't be playing anyone, non acting ass.  This bitch sucks as a cartoon. That's reason enough to be in an uproar over her

But see you've already contradicted yourself by quoting that post above that said "black is black". If that's true, stay true to that. If black is black, then that means there's no difference in Beyoncé from Texas, to someone from Kenya. It's not about her acting ability, she's black. So, you can't disqualify her ability to play Sara Baartman by virtue of her blackness.

ton

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: jtwoeleven on July 23, 2019, 01:50:17 PM

But see you've already contradicted yourself by quoting that post above that said "black is black". If that's true, stay true to that. If black is black, then that means there's no difference in Beyoncé from Texas, to someone from Kenya. It's not about her acting ability, she's black. So, you can't disqualify her ability to play Sara Baartman by virtue of her blackness.

:ohwow:

Vonc2002

Quote from: jtwoeleven on July 23, 2019, 01:50:17 PM

Are u slow? Idgaf where a bitch is from.  Beyonce ain't the best bitch for ANY role. That bitch could've been born in the same place, at the same time, and on the same damn day.  She ain't the girl for the damn job

BAPHOMET.

Just watched the trailer.  Gorl.
Yall really going up for this :udontlookok: