Dallas Austin drags Boys II men, says they became assholes after their debut

Started by b7, August 28, 2019, 05:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moon

Ulysses

Boys II Men May have also not been happy with becoming music industry puppets, not having say in their music. So I could see that side of it also.

Either way,I bet both Boyz AND dallas' regret their attitudes. Boys missed out on longevity and Dallas missed a huge paycheck...

Vonc2002

Dallas went on and thrived.  I'm sure he's alright.  If money was the goal then he would've endured the bullshit.  They were already majorly successful so he knew what he was turning down when he said no
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Ulysses

Boy, that first album was successful, but "II" doubled that success...

Vonc2002

Their debut is damn near diamond :dead:
Like I said,  majorly successful and he knew the check he would be missing out on. U saying their 2nd album doubled the debut wasn't a surprise. They were expected to do well, and that's  even more reason why he would hop on board if he was solely trying to go for a check
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

GLOCK

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on August 28, 2019, 06:28:22 AM
Quote from: Kode Red on August 28, 2019, 06:25:47 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on August 28, 2019, 06:03:34 AM
Sonja is probably the only reason Brandy had such a good start.

Monica's Mum managed her early on too right?

No... her cousin Melinda.

Gotcha. Well family will take care of  you...usually lol.

Like Rig said, Aaliyah certainly didn't get the protection she needed in some areas, but at least her finaces were together.
actually queen latifah managed her during her debut era ..

Then her cousin came in afterwards

Cade

Idk how much of this is true. I've met Shawn and he's the nicest guy in the world

I could see Wanya being a diva though

Vonc2002

Quote from: Cade on August 28, 2019, 02:01:34 PM
Idk how much of this is true. I've met Shawn and he's the nicest guy in the world

well at what point  did u meet him? Flopping humbles a nigga

Vonc2002

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on August 28, 2019, 02:30:59 PM
He has absolutely no reason to lie :dead:
This how i feel tho.  Imagine being on ur 2nd album and shooing away bbyface........in the damn 90s! Fck these niggas

Cowboy Nine

90s contracts really were the devil huh?

No wonder INOJ hasn't really released an alber, she's probably traumatized.

Bruce

Crazy, how people become famous and get so much power, and end up ruining their own careers. 

Zankou.

Quote from: Cade on August 28, 2019, 02:01:34 PM

did you meet him during the time frame mentioned in the video? Even if you did that still doesn't negate what he was saying :dead:

wizzy

Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 28, 2019, 02:33:19 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on August 28, 2019, 02:30:59 PM
He has absolutely no reason to lie :dead:
This how i feel tho.  Imagine being on ur 2nd album and shooing away bbyface........in the damn 90s! Fck these niggas
!!!!! WTF :uhh:

b7

Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 28, 2019, 06:24:01 AM
That's exactly why things turned out for them the way they did.  I watched sumn somewhere and they FUMED when they started selling less albums.  Boys II Men doesn't really get appreciated the way they should and these may be the reasons why
MESS

I never knew this about them sdddfff i can't imagine how they act now