Is the 'Woke' phase starting to die off? (Fake Woke Thread)

Started by ton, April 26, 2020, 01:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freemala Harris

Quote from: Tezcatlipoca 🦅 on April 29, 2020, 07:54:25 PM
u can def tell how passionate and knowledgable someone is about a mess once u dig deeper and ask them followup questions
make them go beyond their initial "hear ye hear ye" statement

asking for references, quick facts...

eventually some will just get frustrated and say "misogyny" regardless of the topic

r u assuming zheir pronouns

Sovereign.

April 29, 2020, 07:58:32 PM #63 Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 07:58:50 PM by Sovereign.
Quote from: Tezcatlipoca 🦅 on April 29, 2020, 07:54:25 PM
u can def tell how passionate and knowledgable someone is about a mess once u dig deeper and ask them followup questions
make them go beyond their initial "hear ye hear ye" statement

asking for references, quick facts...

eventually some will just get frustrated and say "misogyny" regardless of the topic

!!!!

And that's where it becomes obnoxious. What about the person's behavior made it misogynistic? How does patriarchy function in our everyday lives? In what ways has gentrifying predominantly black and brown neighborhoods and redlining been harmful to communities of color?

Once you interrogate these questions then we can have a discussion, but a lot of us run with the first thing we perceive as a source and that's dangerous because we begin to spew that rhetoric all over the internet. The internet is powerful and can be used as great tool to learn about the world, but not the only tool.

Sovereign.

Quote from: ton on April 29, 2020, 07:48:30 PM
Quote from: Sovereign. on April 29, 2020, 07:34:21 PM
There is this culture of reading a couple of online articles, reading a couple "interesting" post via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and having no impetus to go and research and study some of these ideas on our own. Actual research.

There are real life people who devote their lives to race, gender, religious, ethnic and cultural studies and those are the people you seek.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you quickly discover the limitations of their knowledge and spot that after a short conversation.

You can't fool someone who has extensive knowledge on a specific topic.

But people like to feel... good about themselves I guess  :dead:. I dunno.

!!!!! We all have a complex. We like to stoke our egos for social capital, but in the end, do you strive to be a perpetrator and a lazy internet fraud dressed in "performative intellectualism" or do you strive to seek actual knowledge and people who are sound in this line of work.

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: Tezcatlipoca 🦅 on April 29, 2020, 08:02:29 PM
sometimes wokeness can be wonderful though

i am in freakin love w/ Nipsey because he definitely was coming from a different angle

not the usual copy/paste "omf he's racist yall lets retweet ths and attack the White man! " mess

king was tackling the MUCH less popular topic of financial health in our community.

my love for him is not so much about HIM
but what what his work/death did to spread his MESSAGE that i think a lot of us need to hear.

/

ton

Kaeli.

Quote from: Free on April 29, 2020, 07:54:37 PM

Wokeistas are we still protesting
VBSBXJXJXXNJXJXKDJ

r they saying nigga naps are.... bad  :damselindistress:

Murrah

Quote from: Kaeli. on April 29, 2020, 08:27:26 PM

VBSBXJXJXXNJXJXKDJ

That's because no black person would be photographed or step out of the house with those edges. Because of our nation's history Black people don't have the luxury of participating in trendy looks that rebel against the status quo. I get the theme was a messy hair look, but this is similar to how white people wear ripped clothing and call it boho chic, while a black person might appear homeless.  The optics are not the same

For many years Black women in America didn't have access to hair care products, so with that they are sensitive to their image being promoted as undesirable.  If you don't understand the pride black women take in their hair then just STFU.

ton

kaeli is a black womuh

but that girl just needed a damns comb

Kaeli.

Quote from: Murrah on April 30, 2020, 08:18:30 AM
Quote from: Kaeli. on April 29, 2020, 08:27:26 PM

VBSBXJXJXXNJXJXKDJ

That's because no black person would be photographed or step out of the house with those edges. Because of our nation's history Black people don't have the luxury of participating in trendy looks that rebel against the status quo. I get the theme was a messy hair look, but this is similar to how white people wear ripped clothing and call it boho chic, while a black person might appear homeless.  The optics are not the same

For many years Black women in America didn't have access to hair care products, so with that they are sensitive to their image being promoted as undesirable.  If you don't understand the pride black women take in their hair then just STFU.
n