Started by Heated🔥, May 10, 2020, 09:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Navyman

Quote from: BRockaBaby on May 11, 2020, 02:00:37 PM
Quote from: Navyman on May 11, 2020, 01:59:37 PM
Quote from: BRockaBaby on May 11, 2020, 01:54:22 PM
Quote from: Navyman on May 11, 2020, 01:49:05 PM
Quote from: BRockaBaby on May 11, 2020, 01:42:58 PM
I know it's a reach and a bit dramatic, but I'm almost looking at this new era as if Brandy is somewhat of a "new" artist. I'm treating her as someone who's known but still working on her presence in the current industry. I've taken away this mentality that Brandy is "that bitch!" even though I believe she is and am looking at it like a true indie, "new" artist.

Looking at it like that, my expectations have changed and I'm not disappointed and actually see things in a bit more of a realistic perspective. She's not going to move like Beyonce or  Ariana and hell in some cases, she may not move like Kelly because Kelly has been more consistent with releasing music. I'm almost viewing this era as I would view a Erykah Badu release. And with that, I'm happy with how things are going.

I know she's Queen to me but she's going to take some time to reach that level again and I accept that.
Not as consistent as Kelly?!?! Do yall be reread what you type before hitting that enter key?  :uhh:

Brandy, IMO, has not released MUSIC as consistently as Kelly. Furthermore, her presence has not been as consistent as Kelly. This is my opinion.
Not that it's all about followers, but just speaking from a social media presence, Kelly has over double the number of followers as Brandy. She may not have a HARDCORE fan base and the QUALITY of her music cannot touch Brandy's music but she's been more visible IMO.
Visible yes. Releasing music more consistently than Brandy no. Kelly's last album was six months after Brandy's last album in 2013.

Okay well if we want to talk about release dates then they are on par. But Kelly's visibility is well beyond Bran's unfortunately.
Yes. Kelly has the voice that she did and her Destiny Child appearances in between time.

Heated🔥

BRockaBaby

Quote from: Harlem on May 11, 2020, 02:02:48 PM
If Brandy's label cared for views they would purchase to give her that competitive appeal like all other major artists... I'm just assuming they want her to have more of a organic approach first or dedicating their dollars maybe other promo

I think they know they have to crawl first to see what the reception is and to see how many people still are into the legend that is "Brandy". At least I know if I was a label exec/mgmt exec, I would definitely crawl first and observe with a very realistic lens.

Purple Moon

Quote from: GiftedTGK on May 11, 2020, 01:56:31 PM
Didn't coffee reach a million in 2 days...
I thought Brandy would do the same...

who cares? Brandy's legacy>>>>>>>>>>>
Must be a purple moon, feel like one of those nights...

Kaeli.

Didnt she also get promo from Beyonce and her 150M followers :udontlookok:

Harlem

Quote from: BRockaBaby on May 11, 2020, 02:06:25 PM
Quote from: Harlem on May 11, 2020, 02:02:48 PM
If Brandy's label cared for views they would purchase to give her that competitive appeal like all other major artists... I'm just assuming they want her to have more of a organic approach first or dedicating their dollars maybe other promo

I think they know they have to crawl first to see what the reception is and to see how many people still are into the legend that is "Brandy". At least I know if I was a label exec/mgmt exec, I would definitely crawl first and observe with a very realistic lens.

!!!

Yeah they are definitely being realistic right now! If they was smart whatever paid views they purchased they are stretching it out for the entire campaign...

Cowboy Nine

:omgwatshappening:

BRockaBaby

Quote from: Kaeli. on May 11, 2020, 02:10:26 PM
Didnt she also get promo from Beyonce and her 150M followers :udontlookok:

!!!

Like come on y'all. Apples to apples here.

4.3M followers vs 10.1M

No major artist shout out vs. shoutout from the industry's leading bitch

No serious mainstream presence in years vs. consistent presence despite no album

Like no one is saying Kelly is the better artist. But her presence is undeniable when compared to brandys. Bran will get there I'm sure if she stays consistent from this point forward.

Ma Lo

Yeah I don't think any of us really expected her to pull huge numbers like Doja or Bey. But I think this song will def peak more .. I remember thinking both Love Again and Put It Down were over when they were kinda just getting started . Brandy just needs to keep doing what she's doing now. Grinding and promoting. Most her songs have been growers for the general public post the 90s. 

Purple Moon

Quote from: Ntwadumela on May 11, 2020, 02:13:24 PM
Yeah I don't think any of us really expected her to pull huge numbers like Doja or Bey. But I think this song will def peak more .. I remember thinking both Love Again and Put It Down were over when they were kinda just getting started . Brandy just needs to keep doing what she's doing now. Grinding and promoting. Most her songs have been growers for the general public post the 90s.

!!!
Must be a purple moon, feel like one of those nights...

Ma Lo

Yeah but Beyoncé helped with that.

BRockaBaby

Quote from: Ntwadumela on May 11, 2020, 02:13:24 PM

!!!

We also are looking at this as hardcore fans who are watching her every move and every stat. Some people are just now finding out Brandy is back with a solid single.

This one reaction I saw mentioned her last album was Human. Obvious error but just goes to show there's been a disconnect between the general public and Brandy for the past few years. She's got some work to do...I just hope she knows that and doesn't become discouraged by the stats or reception if it's not what she thinks it should be. Stay focused queeen!

REALucid

Used to write our names in car fog