Michael Jai White Shades Angela Bassett, Terrence Howard, etc

Started by Vonc2002, April 14, 2016, 10:42:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

Quote from: Scott. on April 14, 2016, 01:01:24 PM
Quote from: The Brandy Barbie on April 14, 2016, 11:42:33 AM
Quote from: Scott. on April 14, 2016, 10:53:52 AM
No matter where his career stands right now, he didn't lie

Yeah, he did. It's not like their career took some major hit after an Oscar because of some Oscar curse. There aren't very many good, well written roles for black actors and actresses. There will continue to not be a lot of roles after the person wins an Oscar. Even securing a role that's big in the mainstream and that has enough depth to be seen as Oscar worthy is like striking gold for black actors.

He didn't and that's it for me.
But ur being delusional  :dead:
It would be one thing if he worded it another way or slightly tweaked his stance.  What he said is EMPHATICALLY untrue :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

MelMel

Scott.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on April 14, 2016, 01:22:59 PM

Yeah, he did. It's not like their career took some major hit after an Oscar because of some Oscar curse. There aren't very many good, well written roles for black actors and actresses. There will continue to not be a lot of roles after the person wins an Oscar. Even securing a role that's big in the mainstream and that has enough depth to be seen as Oscar worthy is like striking gold for black actors.

It would be one thing if he worded it another way or slightly tweaked his stance.  What he said is EMPHATICALLY untrue :dead:

Some of the stuff he said is true (I saw where he was going with the statement) and it's not me being delusional. So think what you want, but I said what I said and it ain't changing.

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

MelMel

Quote from: Scott. on April 14, 2016, 01:24:15 PM

Some of the stuff he said is true (I saw where he was going with the statement) and it's not me being delusional. So think what you want, but I said what I said and it ain't changing.

you tell him bby

bully self

Scott.

Quote from: MelMel on April 14, 2016, 01:25:30 PM
Quote from: Scott. on April 14, 2016, 01:24:15 PM

you tell him bby

bully self

:dead: I said that's IT for me. Not interested in discussing it any further lol

jareezy

Quote from: Thi?rry. on April 14, 2016, 10:55:42 AM

Not really understanding the disagreement here. He didn't shade them, he simply told the God honest truth.

Lets not forget to add Whoopi to that list
?I tried to be blind to your game
Deep down I knew you wouldn't stay around
Should of left your side in the first place
But I thought I'd be cool when you would play around?

Vonc2002

The sky can be red TO ME but if it's actually blue then.... :kii:
This isn't a subjective thing,  its very objective. He was wrong :plzstop:

Scott.

Scott.

Quote from: jareezy on April 14, 2016, 01:42:05 PM
Quote from: Thi?rry. on April 14, 2016, 10:55:42 AM

Not really understanding the disagreement here. He didn't shade them, he simply told the God honest truth.

Lets not forget to add Whoopi to that list

Monique too. But I think she was blackballed tho

Vonc2002

Ok, meanwhile all these actors are still workin and at a rate he's never achieved :kii:

Scott.

Nobody's disputing any of that tho. However, I got what it was he was trying to say and it's been said before, LONG before he spoke on it.