Michael Jai White Shades Angela Bassett, Terrence Howard, etc

Started by Vonc2002, April 14, 2016, 10:42:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelMel

Quote from: Vonc2002 on April 14, 2016, 02:12:41 PM
Quote from: MelMel on April 14, 2016, 02:09:00 PM
I think he was right still. Many people win a damn Oscar and then book roles that are just subpar as hell.
And if he's point was more that oscars don't heighten the career of black actors as it should. I wouldve agreed with him.  He talking about signifying the end of careers, not being successful. Etc.  He was fckn wrong. Especially when the actors that ate occupying the best shows on tv are all Oscar nominated :kii:

it's not like he said all actors end their careers after winning though. He probably shouldn't have said majority but still....their careers don't exactly flourish though, black or white, and many actors have actually said that

Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In

Like I said. He was fucking SPAWN so he should sit the fuck down somewhere. Twiddle his fucking thumbs or something.
I am scarred, so fucking scarred
These are the scars of me
The very fucking scars of me
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

rosone1

Yeah Michael's been on something else lately.He blasted Bill Cosby, Jesse Jackson and MLK earlier this year for their affairs.Then butted in on Israel Haughton/Adrienne situation.And now this.

Opposites Attract.

Quote from: rosone1 on April 14, 2016, 02:02:08 PM
I don't understand the "signified the end...career" statement.Angela works constantly and Terrance has major roles on two hit shows.And why did he limit his examples to black actors but not mention  Hilary Swank, Marissa Tomei, Kate Winslet, Sean Connery, Adrienne Brody who have all worked minimally since their wins.

!!!!!!!  Racist and Sexists. Sean and Ad are still working.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

Nyan Cat

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Opposites Attract.

Nyan Cat

MelMel

Quote from: Nyan Cat on April 14, 2016, 02:15:56 PM
i thought lupita would be doin way more tbh ...
She is. She's currently on Broadway, has a Science Fiction movie coming out, in The Jungle Book which opens tomorrow which is bound to be a box office hit and she was also in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and she's currently shooting episode 8 as well. She's jet setting all over the country right now working.
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

Opposites Attract.

!!!!!!

Angela hasn't had a substantial role until Coven and even then they had her listed as "Guest Star" same with Gabby. Jamie Foxx had a vital role in Superman 2 and he didn't even have top billing. Halle has never been a box office staple but she gets shitty roles, Denzel is working but he's been typecast still playing his same role from Training day, Will Smith request 25 million a film, if he doesn't produce his own film then he's out. I mean the facts are there.

Quote from: Thi?rry. on April 14, 2016, 02:21:56 PM

!!!!!!

Angela hasn't had a substantial role until Coven and even then they had her listed as "Guest Star" same with Gabby. Jamie Foxx had a vital role in Superman 2 and he didn't even have top billing. Halle has never been a box office staple but she gets shitty roles, Denzel is working but he's been typecast still playing his same role from Training day, Will Smith request 25 million a film, if he doesn't produce his own film then he's out. I mean the facts are there.
The Amazing Spider Man 2
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

Opposites Attract.

Quote from: Jay. on April 14, 2016, 02:19:26 PM
Quote from: Thi?rry. on April 14, 2016, 02:16:37 PM
Quote from: Saturn. on April 14, 2016, 02:05:58 PM
Jay is so... knowledgeable

and white washed
Fuck u luv. I haven't said a word to u.

n that still doesn't change my opinion luv. You're an uncle Tom. I respect it.