Michael Jai White Shades Angela Bassett, Terrence Howard, etc

Started by Vonc2002, April 14, 2016, 10:42:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In

Quote from: Vonc2002 on April 14, 2016, 10:58:29 AM
Quote from: Cosmic Explorer on April 14, 2016, 10:55:56 AM
n

I wouldn't say Chiwetel and Lupita have flourishing careers
Are u serious,  chiwetel STAYS in a movie.  Lupita, has booked 2 fckn STAR WARS movies and is in The jungle Book which comes out tomorrow and looks fanFUCKNtastic. They are working. This nigga on own and doesn't have prospects, how dare :dead:
And Lupita is currently on Broadway which I've seen the show and it's amazing
I am scarred, so fucking scarred
These are the scars of me
The very fucking scars of me
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

Vonc2002

Whoopi won her oscar in the 80s for ghost. She's never worked again? As a matter of fact she's one of those rare few that have an emmy, a grammy, a oscar, and a tony. U don't reach that pinnacle and not have been successful but OK :kii:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Real

Quote from: Jay. on April 14, 2016, 01:59:01 PM
n

Are u serious,  chiwetel STAYS in a movie.  Lupita, has booked 2 fckn STAR WARS movies and is in The jungle Book which comes out tomorrow and looks fanFUCKNtastic. They are working. This nigga on own and doesn't have prospects, how dare :dead:

ddddddddd

MelMel

Quote from: Vonc2002 on April 14, 2016, 02:00:03 PM
Whoopi won her oscar in the 80s for ghost. She's never worked again? As a matter of fact she's one of those rare few that have an emmy, a grammy, a oscar, and a tony. U don't reach that pinnacle and not have been successful but OK :kii:

Ghost came out in 1990

Zankou.

Quote from: MelMel on April 14, 2016, 02:00:39 PM

Ghost came out in 1990

yeah so that makes the rest of his post NULL lmao!

1991. And she's been in movies sporadically and she even guest starred on Glee. Whoopi was also involved with Sister Act: The Musical as a producer and consultant.
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

Vonc2002

Ghost came out in 1990
Thought it was 89 but still 26 years ago, that's a helluva long time to not be working but still be relevant :kii:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

rosone1

I don't understand the "signified the end...career" statement.Angela works constantly and Terrance has major roles on two hit shows.And why did he limit his examples to black actors but not mention  Hilary Swank, Marissa Tomei, Kate Winslet, Sean Connery, Adrienne Brody who have all worked minimally since their wins.

Quote from: Real on April 14, 2016, 02:00:20 PM
n

ddddddddd
What's funny?
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

MelMel

Quote from: Saturn. on April 14, 2016, 02:01:25 PM

Ghost came out in 1990

yeah so that makes the rest of his post NULL lmao!

:kii: :kii: :kii: :kii:

Vonc2002

Quote from: Jay. on April 14, 2016, 02:01:51 PM
1991. And she's been in movies sporadically and she even guest starred on Glee. Whoopi was also involved with Sister Act: The Musical as a producer and consultant.
Wow, jay luv ur input :ohwow:

Vonc2002

Quote from: Jay. on April 14, 2016, 02:02:36 PM
Quote from: Real on April 14, 2016, 02:00:20 PM
n

ddddddddd
What's funny?
Think he was trying to be funny. Lay that faggot out,  jay

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: Scott. on April 14, 2016, 01:01:24 PM
Quote from: The Brandy Barbie on April 14, 2016, 11:42:33 AM
Quote from: Scott. on April 14, 2016, 10:53:52 AM
No matter where his career stands right now, he didn't lie

Yeah, he did. It's not like their career took some major hit after an Oscar because of some Oscar curse. There aren't very many good, well written roles for black actors and actresses. There will continue to not be a lot of roles after the person wins an Oscar. Even securing a role that's big in the mainstream and that has enough depth to be seen as Oscar worthy is like striking gold for black actors.

He didn't and that's it for me.
sssssssssssssssssssssssss

H.#.G.*.Z

Quote from: rosone1 on April 14, 2016, 02:02:08 PM
I don't understand the "signified the end...career" statement.Angela works constantly and Terrance has major roles on two hit shows.And why did he limit his examples to black actors but not mention  Hilary Swank, Marissa Tomei, Kate Winslet, Sean Connery, Adrienne Brody who have all worked minimally since their wins.
Sean Connery is retired. Kate Winslet picks her roles very sporadically because of her kids. What Michael Jai White doesn't understand is that a lot of these actors are parents and mostly shoot movies during the summer when their kids are out of school. He sounds bitter to me.
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"