Quote from: TheNextLew on April 14, 2016, 12:03:49 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on April 14, 2016, 11:59:37 AM
Quote from: TheNextLew on April 14, 2016, 11:55:08 AM
Quote from: Denver. on April 14, 2016, 11:53:15 AM
Quote from: Cosmic Explorer on April 14, 2016, 10:55:56 AM
n

I wouldn't say Chiwetel and Lupita have flourishing careers

But they do though.

Lupita's on Broadway currently about to receive a Tony nod & Chiwetel has aheavy influence in film & Britian theatre.

so win oscars
go on to theater

Did u miss the part about her being in the next 2 star wars movies and This new jungle Book film. How many movies must she do to be working :dead:
& u do realize that Broadway is something EXTREMELY noteworthy, correct?

it is but  having 3 movies really isnt a book imo
and chiwatel well that last movie aint nuthing to write home about
its working tho but only time will tell
and last time i checked the films are big enough for her role not to be so major but yeah
She won her oscar in 2014 and has been in like 4 movies since, as well as on broadway, AS WELL AS the become the face of products, makeup n shit. If ur deluded enough to believe she isn't killing that's on u

mmmkaythen

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Gilgamesh.

And theater is kinda the holy grail for serious actors, so starring on Broadway IS a book.

Vonc2002

Quote from: GOLD on April 14, 2016, 12:11:17 PM
Quote from: Saturn. on April 14, 2016, 11:01:50 AM
the "what have they done bigger than the roles they were nominated for/won" is kind of the key part IMO.

am mean yeah Lupita is in Star Wars but she's not the star of the movie.
Shady or not it's true
Jennifer Hudson & Lupita are prime examples
Jennifer Hudson isn't a good fckn actress so her rising star is something completely different.  Even tho she too has always been working whether it be movies,  TV, or broadway.  Jennifer hudson has a career BECAUSE she won an oscar. She was nothing more than an American idol reject that performed at tribute shows before DG. DG was her big break and tho i hate her, she's been working pretty steadily ever since
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Sovereign.

fck all y'all!  And Michael was NEVER seeing an Oscar or Broaway.  LMAO! 

BigDawg

He is a Z list actor at best. If he don't sit his thick ass neck down. And I highly doubt his ass will get nominated for an Oscar for shit like Black Dynamite and Tyler Perry Productions.

Vonc2002

Quote from: BENTLEY! on April 14, 2016, 12:11:07 PM
:dead:
yea ... I loved Spawn

you can have your frustrations, but he didn't have to shade Kwee Angela, possibly the greatest black actress to ever live in the process :plzstop:
I forgot about spawn :plzstop:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Cuban0

Quote from: Vonc2002 on April 14, 2016, 10:47:28 AM
Ummmm EVERY person he named has a better career than he's EVER had. Terrence Howard is on one of the top shows on tv
Angela was just emmy nominated for her work on AHS, plus she's had plenty of roles since WLGTDWI
Cuba is DEFINITELY about to be nominated for his work on this OJ show that was a fckn HIT!
He's on a fckn tyler perry show on OWN. Hes fckn out of it

Scott.

Quote from: The Brandy Barbie on April 14, 2016, 11:42:33 AM
Quote from: Scott. on April 14, 2016, 10:53:52 AM
No matter where his career stands right now, he didn't lie

Yeah, he did. It's not like their career took some major hit after an Oscar because of some Oscar curse. There aren't very many good, well written roles for black actors and actresses. There will continue to not be a lot of roles after the person wins an Oscar. Even securing a role that's big in the mainstream and that has enough depth to be seen as Oscar worthy is like striking gold for black actors.

He didn't and that's it for me.