Travis facing pressure to pay for fans’ funerals

Started by crunk aint dead, November 07, 2021, 09:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilgamesh.

November 07, 2021, 10:46:22 AM #15 Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 10:49:48 AM by Gilgamesh.
And even his Mom or another family did buy his ticket, how is she "trash" for not having the coins for a funeral? Do you know how much funeral costs? The average person doesn't have that type of money saved.

It's not like she was expecting her son to be trampled to death  :uhh:

RAY7

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on November 07, 2021, 10:43:34 AM
Quote from: RAY7 on November 07, 2021, 10:05:28 AM
N
ppl are really trash. Y'all had money to send him to that concert but now y'all can't pay for a funeral?
God Bless

Where are you getting that his Mom paid for his ticket?
doesnt matter. :dead:

CHOKE

RAY7

She's not trash for not having money, if that's even really the case. It's so weird to me to be asking for handouts because you know your child died in a huge tragedy involving a rich celebrity. He or his mom, somebody paid for this concert. If neither of them have any money in savings or anything he shouldn't have even been at that concert. I find it hard to believe between them they're really that bad off

Plastic.

best selling female rapper of all time

crunk aint dead

November 07, 2021, 10:59:57 AM #21 Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 11:02:34 AM by Israel
i see what ur trying to say but u have to remember a lot of families are just trying to make ends meet
keeping up with past due bills, putting food on the table, sometimes saving can become a LUXURY in those instances.

which is why i am very careful  these days about entering conversations about "get ur credit together! it aint hard! just focus"
it's much easier to save, plan for the future, and keep up with your bills when you are financially comfortable and actually HAVE extra funds to put aside.

when all ur money isn't going to keeping your lights on, paying rent, and barely getting food on the table for ur kids.
when u are not struggling.

it's very possible she just wasn't in the POSITION to save or take time to plan for the future.
it's unfair to low key brand her as being irresponsible in some way when we dont know her situation.

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: RAY7 on November 07, 2021, 10:54:02 AM
She's not trash for not having money, if that's even really the case. It's so weird to me to be asking for handouts because you know your child died in a huge tragedy involving a rich celebrity. He or his mom, somebody paid for this concert. If neither of them have any money in savings or anything he shouldn't have even been at that concert. I find it hard to believe between them they're really that bad off

N
ppl are really trash. Y'all had money to send him to that concert but now y'all can't pay for a funeral?
God Bless

:rudone:

And what has savings got to do with her son being killed? jsdbchdc

Gilgamesh.

RAY7

So the guy has $11k raised when the goal was $5000
and like clockwork here's one where the ppl want $30k
https://twitter.com/_justBrittani/status/1457189099966631940?s=20

RAY7

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on November 07, 2021, 11:00:42 AM
Quote from: RAY7 on November 07, 2021, 10:54:02 AM

N
God Bless

:rudone:

And what has savings got to do with her son being killed? jsdbchdc
what point are making with these quotes they don't contradict. To make it plain. I DON'T BELIEVE THAT THEY REALLY ARE BROKE.

and savings has to do with paying for a funeral, not with her son getting killed :uhh:

crunk aint dead

Quote from: RAY7 on November 07, 2021, 11:02:56 AM
So the guy has $11k raised when the goal was $5000
and like clockwork here's one where the ppl want $30k
https://twitter.com/_justBrittani/status/1457189099966631940?s=20
well i mean these are young people

the last thing parents think about is losing their kids.

it's a reality that could very well take place but unfortunately we operate emotionally and not logically many times
the expectation is that their kids will bury them. so i can imagine the shock when they have to do the reverse.

$30K actually sounds like what it would cost to put on a grand funeral/burial

depends on what the family wants , and what's realistic considering their funds and support network

some will settle for an average funeral mess, and some will want to really send their child out with something amazing that could compare to a wedding.

if there are people who are willing to contribute, i don't see an issue. long as the parents who made it are indeed the real parents of the deceased, and they didn't actually kill the child themselves. lol

DopeSoul.