Snoop Dogg calls for a BOYCOTT of "Roots"

Started by Ashley Bank$, May 31, 2016, 05:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Drais. on May 31, 2016, 06:33:23 PM
I agree

Blacks have alot of positive history that's been either erased or whitewashed in textbooks. Inventions, discoveries, etc and it needs to be talked about. 

i mean its gonna take US to actually make those movies into a reality

Boomz

I'm just sick of remakes. Should have let Roots keep it's ICONIC status and left it alone.

I don't mind a slave mess if it's done right. Example: Underground

Young

I agree

Blacks have alot of positive history that's been either erased or whitewashed in textbooks. Inventions, discoveries, etc and it needs to be talked about. 

>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

FINE.

I agree

Rxxf

May 31, 2016, 06:56:13 PM #20 Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 06:56:56 PM by ?
I understand that these stories need to be told
But I am honestly tired of seeing black actors in these roles
Give them the same roles that Streep gets, etc. and lets start changing the world through storytelling as much as we can (allowing it to play a part to the many ways of changing the world)... I feel like that's missing... most people don't get to see different AA characters in movies.
BRANDY

leftout

These professional writers can't make up shit; they always gotta base their stories on shit that happened in the past. Not every story that gets publicized has to be factual :uhh: unoriginality and money hunger at its finest. White writers aren't gonna go out of their way to create stories about other races unless oppression is somehow involved. That's his point.

SouravMay

I feel like he was shading black people's past, by trying to hold on to today. Nothing wrong with a historical film, but maybe something not in relation to whites for one fckn time.
B7

leftout

You don't see Lewis & Clark movies getting greenlit. What about the fckin Alamo? Don't nobody care about or remember that shit. Why do these producers think it's so important to pigeonholed us to a specific spot in history?

Rxxf

May 31, 2016, 08:35:16 PM #24 Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 08:35:54 PM by ?
Quote from: aGhoulact on May 31, 2016, 08:28:57 PM
These professional writers can't make up shit; they always gotta base their stories on shit that happened in the past. Not every story that gets publicized has to be factual :uhh: unoriginality and money hunger at its finest. White writers aren't gonna go out of their way to create stories about other races unless oppression is somehow involved. That's his point.

As deplorable as you portray yourself to be...
This statement is truth.
BRANDY

Rxxf

Quote from: Dumas. on May 31, 2016, 08:19:51 PM
I want a Blockbuster mess owt for the Haitian Revolution :justabit: :justabit:

I don't want to see this.
Give a normal movie slay.
With AA leads.
BRANDY

SouravMay

Quote from: Dumas. on May 31, 2016, 08:19:51 PM
I want a Blockbuster mess owt for the Haitian Revolution :justabit: :justabit:

Now I got time for THAT.

:justabit:
B7

leftout

Quote from: ? on May 31, 2016, 08:35:16 PM
Quote from: aGhoulact on May 31, 2016, 08:28:57 PM

As deplorable as you portray yourself to be...
This statement is truth.
Thanks, hun

And what you said was so important. Through storytelling, we learn new things, especially younger kids. We don't need to be givin historical background checks in films, tv series as much as we do when we can be using these ethnic artists to tell brand new stories that have yet to be told, possibly inspiring black and all types of youth to aspire for something greater. What is a remake of Roots going to truly inspire a young person to do, or an older one for that matter? To not be racist? Ppl should've been known that

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: .betterwiseup on May 31, 2016, 06:06:02 PM
I agree.
They need to make a movie about Black Wall Street.
!!!!!
my friend has been fighting for YEARS to get those families what possessions were stolen back.

No compensation for the businesses and land loss. No recognition. It's a mess.

They don't even teach about it in Oklahoma history classes around the state. Tulsa wants it SWEPT under the rug. It's infuriating.

H.#.G.*.Z

KING BENTLEY.

But I see what Snoop is saying

Can we get a Howarts mess out or fantastical story even based on voo doo, without it being a demonizing skeleton key mess out

H.#.G.*.Z